Author Topic: The Mount: Home of Clan Stone Lion  (Read 107586 times)

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...
Re: The Mount: Home of Clan Stone Lion
« Reply #60 on: 05 August 2011, 23:26:15 »
I propose two new Bloodnames:  Holden and Peugeot! :))

Gold!
I can see it now...
"I am Star Colonel Holden Monaro of Clan Stone Lion, what forces defend this world"

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...
« Reply #61 on: 05 August 2011, 23:28:30 »
Here's two new Galaxy insignias :):

In all seriousness, though, the Holden badge would actually make a great unit insignia!

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #62 on: 05 August 2011, 23:40:57 »
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 06 August 2011, 00:01:35 »
yep that's pretty much how i expected it to be.

hey Kamas, would you be able to modify the logo for us all to the semi-official logo colours so we can see it in a bigger scale? you're the one with all the mad skillz
« Last Edit: 06 August 2011, 00:04:53 by Daishi411 »
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 06 August 2011, 00:06:48 »
Looks like we've got preliminary paint schemes: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghost_bear/6013601748/in/set-72157627242100829/

that's actually pretty much what I pictured.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #65 on: 06 August 2011, 02:06:16 »
A little more "mad" than" skilled but I'll see what I can do.  So here's our insignia, at least off the photo.  My only complaint is using a relatively low-resolution base image; if anyone's good at vectoring that would help tremendously.   Also I need to pilfer the Hellbringer that Teslacoil made.  After all, it's a Horse machine...and maybe he'd be up for doing a really sweet logo.

As far as production, looking through the Objective Raids 3067 that Mad Cat put out, Tokasha...is freaking huge as far as industry.  I wish I could find better ideas of how trashed the place is...though not knowing anything made in the Homeworlds besides the Pariah and one or two other units hinted at being transported from there, it's a hard call.

Man, I need a proper full-strength Nova to play with.  Gnomes and heavy/assault 'Mechs...or else I'll just go make the whole bloody cluster. 100th Mechanized Assault is in a good state; one could say that the 20% understrength is its Delta trinary's fighters not being around.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Grand Titan

• Corporal
  • You dont need pants to see the world ends.....
« Reply #66 on: 06 August 2011, 03:36:25 »

Clan Stone Lion new ceremonial outfit

Clan Stone Lion - Hi, it's better than "Hell's Horses Who Got Stuck In The Homeworlds"

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #67 on: 06 August 2011, 07:25:35 »
As far as production, looking through the Objective Raids 3067 that Mad Cat put out, Tokasha...is freaking huge as far as industry.  I wish I could find better ideas of how trashed the place is...though not knowing anything made in the Homeworlds besides the Pariah and one or two other units hinted at being transported from there, it's a hard call.

Man, I need a proper full-strength Nova to play with.  Gnomes and heavy/assault 'Mechs...or else I'll just go make the whole bloody cluster. 100th Mechanized Assault is in a good state; one could say that the 20% understrength is its Delta trinary's fighters not being around.

Sarna has 3 Tokasha facilities listed they produce (per tro 3055U):
Stone Rhino (all 3 variants), Stormcrows, Gargoyle, Nova, Incubus, P-Hawk IIC, and Bane

Additionally they hold Niles:
Helbringer, Stormcrow, Corvis

There may be other units since the sources here are TRO 3055U and 3060.  If they can get factories up and running on these two worlds they will be WAY ahead of the homeworld curve... and there faction section in the WoR book does elude to this

To the patient go the spoils

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #68 on: 06 August 2011, 07:39:51 »
The paint schemes are nice, they look like lion fur.
I was thinking a little more flashy, but that works.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #69 on: 06 August 2011, 07:45:28 »
It doesn't show up as well on the Balius pic, but on the Summoner- next pic in line- the tan appears to be the main color, with highlights of a grey stone motif with flecks of a bright blue in it. I'm highly intrigued- and I have a spare Executioner on my workbench primed and ready. Time to get to work.

Trivia time! For those not paying close attention, that Flickr account is that of local D.C. blogger/photographer extraordinaire Ben Rome. You might have heard of some of his other work on some weird sci-fi stompy robot game, but his photography is just ridiculously good, so if you can spare a few minutes to stop drooling over the Lions, take a glance through some of his other photo work as well.

EDIT: Here, use this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghost_bear/6013601924/in/set-72157627242100829/
« Last Edit: 06 August 2011, 07:51:29 by JadeHellbringer »
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #70 on: 06 August 2011, 08:08:05 »
He has some sweet photos on his blog as well, of the non-BT stuff.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #71 on: 06 August 2011, 08:13:41 »
I like the banding. The gold is what I expected and if that's an indicator then we might also now have a base colour for the actual Stone Lions. I like the banding though with the gray camo. Could pass for a marbling effect almost. Good stuff.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 06 August 2011, 08:52:35 »
Whoops, forgot to upload this earlier.  Look, a color scheme!

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #73 on: 06 August 2011, 08:59:51 »
It's not quite as striking as the Thunder Cat colors but I still like it

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
« Reply #74 on: 06 August 2011, 09:14:03 »
I'm signing on with this Clan, too. As the only other Clan left over that I like, the Cobras have left something left to be desired.
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #75 on: 06 August 2011, 09:26:29 »
Welcome former spirit

The Stormcrow is a nice fit considering the lions should have 3 facilities for them in their holdings if they survived the war.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #76 on: 06 August 2011, 09:37:16 »
And here we go, touched up from the Summoner picture.  Posting the art here instead of Fan Art per interpretation of the special requests made by the mods.

Now to go colorize some of Teslacoil's art...wow, Warhawks only on Huntress.  Guess I'll have to work with Hellbringers...hm, was there ever a Hellbringer II somewhere?  Wondering what a modded non-Omni unit might be like.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #77 on: 06 August 2011, 09:53:02 »
that looks awesome ANS

I am building a star around a PSI unit and I am going to assume second line machines.
Warhawks were clan general so you could assume some are still around in the homeworlds, the fact that the Adders had a bunch of them may mean they are available to the Lions

Who has Huntress after the WoR anyway... or is it still there?

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #78 on: 06 August 2011, 09:59:14 »
Who has Huntress after the WoR anyway... or is it still there?

Page 249 has the 3085 tables (shared between all clans), and page 248 the 3075 tables (Cobras & Scorpions).
« Last Edit: 06 August 2011, 12:34:45 by Neufeld »

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #79 on: 06 August 2011, 10:47:43 »
Per Hellbie's directions back on the first page, specific answers are supposed to be in spoiler tags.

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
« Reply #80 on: 06 August 2011, 10:49:51 »
And here we go, touched up from the Summoner picture.  Posting the art here instead of Fan Art per interpretation of the special requests made by the mods.

Now to go colorize some of Teslacoil's art...wow, Warhawks only on Huntress.  Guess I'll have to work with Hellbringers...hm, was there ever a Hellbringer II somewhere?  Wondering what a modded non-Omni unit might be like.
Pic has been snagged as I like this Sun better than the red
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #81 on: 06 August 2011, 11:21:00 »
Hm, seems I'm leaving bits behind.  I'll touch it up later.

Meanwhile...well, Septicemia is generally agreed to be a possible-to-use ride.  And there's that darn sweet pic on Ben Rome's blog...might be a bit light as far as an Assault cluster goes, but I think I might just color one up in the new scheme.  Mods: should I post the result here, or is it okay to expand to the Fan Art thread?

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #82 on: 06 August 2011, 11:35:47 »
ANS let us know where it goes.

The Speticemia would be great in a striker star attached to an assault Cluster.  It could hit hard for its weight and run out front of the main force.

Stingray

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: 06 August 2011, 12:56:18 »
Hello all.... while I was sad to my Clan Psycho Viper bite it I have decided to refocus my forces in Clan Stone Lion!

Anyhow I like that scheme its pretty unique... thing is I think I lack the colors right now.... looks like I need new paints >.<

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #84 on: 06 August 2011, 13:02:02 »
The Speticemia would be great in a striker star attached to an assault Cluster.  It could hit hard for its weight and run out front of the main force.

It's a little slow for Striker duty although the firepower is handy enough.

Krieghund

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #85 on: 06 August 2011, 13:20:06 »
Hmmm, I'm not feeling the Stone Lion logo. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's not stylized enough? I don't know.
It is rumored Khan Pryde shot the first scientist she saw after laughing nonstop for ten minutes.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #86 on: 06 August 2011, 13:37:50 »
It's not quite as striking as the Thunder Cat colors but I still like it
The Nova Cats already have a Thunder Cats unit anyway. We got first dibs

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #87 on: 06 August 2011, 13:38:59 »
The Nova Cats already have a Thunder Cats unit anyway. We got first dibs

Every faction needs some Thunder Cats!   :D
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #88 on: 06 August 2011, 14:04:38 »
Every faction needs some Thunder Cats!   :D

Boo yah! I actually like the new logo colours. It pops a bit more doesn't it? Pretty sexy.

So yeah, looks like Thor, Hellbringers and the ubiquitous Mad Dog...Perhaps a Blood Asp or two? Maybe the Star Adders were kind with some salvage in building the new Clan Kittens up?...
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #89 on: 06 August 2011, 14:44:19 »
I'm signing on with this Clan, too. As the only other Clan left over that I like, the Cobras have left something left to be desired.

I don't know...I kind of like their fleet...

As to the Stone Lions...they have my interest...but I would like to know...what are the two ships that they are bringing out of mothballs, particularly their classes?

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Register