Author Topic: Good memories  (Read 7088 times)

elite130

• Recruit
Good memories
« on: 22 April 2017, 16:14:47 »
Hiya all,

I wonder if some remember me I used to be pretty ok in this game, saw the worlds 2016 by chance.

Just wondering if any of the old gang still exists.

Worlds 2017 at gencon ?

Good dice all,
Elite130

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Good memories
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2017, 16:27:02 »
They still have a World's Tournament?  ???
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

elite130

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2017, 16:34:34 »
it is on the internet it has to be true ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naDt00gaP6o

Brinxter

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2017, 06:32:10 »
I'm quite sure most of us are still alive, and all of us have fond memories of the game.

I went with you to some of those tournaments actually, and some time ago i met Ian while trying out Mektek.
So we got back in touch, and now have tried out Alpha Strike a couple of times.
Not quite the same, but still enjoyable.

I was pointed here by him actually, it would be great to get back in touch, and not just with you.

Nanhold

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2017, 15:06:22 »
Alpha Strike has gotten me back into BattleTech as well, it's a pretty good system for playing larger battles. MW:DA always was more of a skirmish game in comparison.

gapps

• Recruit
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2018, 05:53:16 »
The good old days :)

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
  • https://owa3025.blogspot.com/
    • Outworlds Alliance blog
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2019, 14:27:08 »
I played a lot in Brazil around during 2003-2005 or so. Eventually I won the Brazilian nationals, supported by WK and got a place to play at GenCon in US. Sadly I was not able to get a travel visa in time but WK was very nice to send me a Dropship and a full set o uniques from Firepower expansions (lots of Samurai-like Kurita mechs), as compensation but I regret to not be able to play with the best in the world at GenCon - it would be a lifetime experience.

I have moved to USA recently, for working reasons, and acquired some cheap boosters at ebay, but just to play wiht my kids because nobody play in Raleigh/NC. At least I found a group of Classic Battletech players here and we play regularly

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2019, 04:18:17 »
   Hello! I was pretty active in Portland OR for a few years with MWDA. After the game died out among my area, I used my collection to play Battletech Alpha Strike with. I rebased and repainted my sets and then bought used lots online and did up those. The game may be gone, but the toys live on!!  :thumbsup:

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
« Reply #8 on: 25 February 2019, 20:09:03 »
I played a lot in Brazil around during 2003-2005 or so. Eventually I won the Brazilian nationals, supported by WK and got a place to play at GenCon in US. Sadly I was not able to get a travel visa in time but WK was very nice to send me a Dropship and a full set o uniques from Firepower expansions (lots of Samurai-like Kurita mechs), as compensation but I regret to not be able to play with the best in the world at GenCon - it would be a lifetime experience.

I have moved to USA recently, for working reasons, and acquired some cheap boosters at ebay, but just to play wiht my kids because nobody play in Raleigh/NC. At least I found a group of Classic Battletech players here and we play regularly

Damn, I remember you! When I didn't know English your site the only thing I understood

It exists even today!
http://ziprpg.tripod.com/btech/btech.htm

Seriously, I am a huge Battletech fan today because of you. Many thanks!