Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XIII: Unlucky Release Edition  (Read 206349 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XIII: Unlucky Release Edition
« Reply #1170 on: 03 December 2018, 11:59:30 »
Fwiw I’ve ordered physical product from the cgl store half a dozen times since the migration and have always gotten my stuff

I'm ordering things from them again but I still haven't got the Rigger 5 shadowrun book I bought years ago.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1171 on: 03 December 2018, 12:12:54 »
Honestly, I go DriveThru for the PDFs . . . and buy books from the FLGS.  I suppose if my local store could not get it, I would order DTF from DriveThru too.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #1172 on: 03 December 2018, 12:30:44 »
I was just wondering because when you put the product in order on the CGL Store site RS 3060 is right at the front.
The store seems to order by newest, unless someone edits an internal sorting number on the product.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1173 on: 03 December 2018, 12:36:01 »
Honestly, I go DriveThru for the PDFs . . . and buy books from the FLGS.  I suppose if my local store could not get it, I would order DTF from DriveThru too.

you can get dtf from drivethru?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Maniac Actual

• Lieutenant
    • checkout my fantasy and SF writing
« Reply #1174 on: 03 December 2018, 16:38:46 »
While Amazon is super convenient, I have grown tiered of their business practices and rather throw my money at friendly local game shop.
What is this FLGS you speak of?  You mean those things that no longer exist in my area?  No one around here sells Battletech anymore. 

And I have heard too many RECENT horror stories to by dead tree direct from CGL any place other than in person at a con.
AS may be as much a representation of the Battletech universe as the original tabletop game is, but if you tell someone "I'm playing Battletech" chances are, if they know what that is, they're going to take you to mean the original tabletop game. - Steve Restless

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #1175 on: 03 December 2018, 16:47:58 »
here's some more pics
« Last Edit: 03 December 2018, 17:19:49 by Greatclub »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1176 on: 03 December 2018, 16:54:52 »
here's some more pics
It's a little blank.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #1177 on: 03 December 2018, 17:25:12 »
It's a little blank.

yeah. Attachments glitched as too big. Had to scale them, which involved getting some real software instead of M$ crippleware. (They used to be better.) That post has pics now, and here's two more

Seriously, all I did was go into GIMP, open them, then go straight to export. No visible loss of quality, yet they're a tenth the size
« Last Edit: 03 December 2018, 19:00:06 by Greatclub »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1178 on: 03 December 2018, 19:04:40 »
What is this FLGS you speak of?  You mean those things that no longer exist in my area?  No one around here sells Battletech anymore. 

And I have heard too many RECENT horror stories to by dead tree direct from CGL any place other than in person at a con.

Checking with my FLGS, they have an online store, and will special order in retail store. But I need to make sure they will special order for their website. I’ll let you know.

Certainly Amazon would be easier, and I expect they will have it eventually. But I have no idea when.  So I’m just posting possible alternatives.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #1179 on: 03 December 2018, 21:11:17 »
Certainly Amazon would be easier, and I expect they will have it eventually. But I have no idea when.  So I’m just posting possible alternatives.

Could one contact third party sellers on amazon directly to order it from? I know a lot of the third party sellers I've bought from in the past on Amazon were just hobby stores operating out of there.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1180 on: 04 December 2018, 04:46:26 »
If I can find a FLGS that sells Battletech, I go to that one. That number has gone down and down over the years.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1181 on: 04 December 2018, 07:03:50 »
If I can find a FLGS that sells Battletech, I go to that one. That number has gone down and down over the years.

If they don't have it in stock ask them to special order something you're looking the upcoming box sets, a new rulebook, some miniatures, etc). I've met very few stores unwilling to order something, though they often require a deposit.

And keep doing it. Obviously, don't hurt yourself economically but order a couple of mechs every couple of weeks, show the shop there's ongoing interest.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Gigastrike

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1182 on: 04 December 2018, 07:14:04 »
I went to my local game shop (pretty large, sells tons of toys, board games, tabletop, trains, models, whatever) and they can't even find it in their distributor's system.  I honestly don't know where to go to buy the new set.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2018, 07:22:59 by Gigastrike »

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1183 on: 04 December 2018, 09:56:17 »
That map pack looks great! I still have my fingers crossed that I will actually get the boxed sets I ordered from the FLGS.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1184 on: 05 December 2018, 01:17:23 »
I went to my local game shop and they can't even find it in their distributor's system.

Don't know which or how many distributors CGL goes through but you can ask the shop who they use. Then find out who CGL uses and see if they are willing to sign up with them as well. Shop I go to uses several distributors https://www.gtsdistribution.com/ being one of them, though I checked and they didn't have Shattered Fortress in their list.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #1185 on: 05 December 2018, 02:06:53 »
Alliance Games Distribution doesn't show Shattered Fortress or the GoAC Box Set for preorder, only the Intro Box Set. Golden Distribution shows all three for preorder. (And it also looks like Alliance has dropped Iron Wind Metals. Which is irksome, but Golden still carries them.)
« Last Edit: 05 December 2018, 02:09:09 by Azakael »

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #1186 on: 05 December 2018, 08:17:17 »
yeah. Attachments glitched as too big. Had to scale them, which involved getting some real software instead of M$ crippleware. (They used to be better.) That post has pics now, and here's two more

Seriously, all I did was go into GIMP, open them, then go straight to export. No visible loss of quality, yet they're a tenth the size

That's because GIMP is awesome. Even though I also have Photoshop CS 6, I prefer GIMP for a lot of stuff. Sadly, I need Photoshop for CYMK colors and printing.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1187 on: 05 December 2018, 10:11:43 »
Alliance Games Distribution doesn't show Shattered Fortress or the GoAC Box Set for preorder, only the Intro Box Set. Golden Distribution shows all three for preorder. (And it also looks like Alliance has dropped Iron Wind Metals. Which is irksome, but Golden still carries them.)

I usually buy CGL products through online hobby retailers (or in person at a con, if I can get there.) After reading the announcement, and this discussion, I took a look around, and I admit that I am having trouble finding Shattered Fortress for sale any place other than the CGL store.

I will check in with another local store later this month, but I'm surprised at the result; I've never had this kind of trouble tracking down new products before.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #1188 on: 05 December 2018, 10:31:22 »
I took a look around, and I admit that I am having trouble finding Shattered Fortress for sale any place other than the CGL store.

I will check in with another local store later this month, but I'm surprised at the result; I've never had this kind of trouble tracking down new products before.

Let me save you some effort - there was a glitch with the SF street dates. I'm hoping to have more information about that as well as an update on the boxed sets soon.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1189 on: 05 December 2018, 12:39:50 »
That's because GIMP is awesome. Even though I also have Photoshop CS 6, I prefer GIMP for a lot of stuff. Sadly, I need Photoshop for CYMK colors and printing.

It is good. However, I'll never get over their change to save vs. export file management. It felt more like a move to promote xcf than any real UI design philosophy. I'd use the mod that changes everything to the save-as key shortcuts but I sometimes encounter vanilla Gimp on other computers and don't want inappropriate muscle memory.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

RanFelsnerAFFS

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1190 on: 05 December 2018, 14:25:51 »
Seriously, I don't get all the hate.

Ordered numerous stuff through the CGL Store, never had amy issued and I am located in Europe.

My Shattered Fortress from CGL hast just been Shopper and I am tracking the travel overseas waiting to get it into my greedy hands ;)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1191 on: 05 December 2018, 14:46:26 »
The old store had *serious* issues with delivery. Sometimes it took actual years.

I haven’t had an problem  with physical product since the site migration a few years ago (I avoided the old store too because of the constant negative feedback). Things are a lot better now but I understand why people are gun-shy

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #1192 on: 05 December 2018, 14:56:46 »
The old store had *serious* issues with delivery. Sometimes it took actual years.

I haven’t had an problem  with physical product since the site migration a few years ago (I avoided the old store too because of the constant negative feedback). Things are a lot better now but I understand why people are gun-shy

My own $0.02 - I recently ordered a copy of the revised Total Warfare about a month ago, and it shipped promptly.

But yes, I absolutely understand customers' hesitancy given the past issues. My position has been that it's not up to the company to convince anyone that it's safe and easy to buy from the official store--it's to prove that it is, by building a good track record of results and positive buzz.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #1193 on: 05 December 2018, 16:15:02 »
I've been happy with the CGL store so far.  I ordered the updated Total Warfare as well and received it in a timely manner.  Now, I ordered Shattered Fortress on 11/29 and it hasn't shipped yet.  But sounds like that is an error in the street date now.  (Did I read that right Cubby?)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1194 on: 05 December 2018, 17:15:06 »
My own $0.02 - I recently ordered a copy of the revised Total Warfare about a month ago, and it shipped promptly.

But yes, I absolutely understand customers' hesitancy given the past issues. My position has been that it's not up to the company to convince anyone that it's safe and easy to buy from the official store--it's to prove that it is, by building a good track record of results and positive buzz.

For what it's worth, I registered with the new store as part of all the Shattered Fortress hubub, and was pleasantly surprised with my experience, especially seeing that it correctly linked me to all my orders from the old store, pre-2016.

I can't comment on shipping yet, but signs look generally positive to me.

Andrew_Cluetain

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
  • Sniper Mech?
« Reply #1195 on: 05 December 2018, 17:51:22 »
May have missed the "Official" release note but the "2 Mech Intro box," is it slated for before Xmas?  I have players asking me but totally understand if "We don't know" is an answer.  Also from the Mech Con thread, the "8 Mech" set was said it will come out a month later, right?  [Side note the 8 mech one I want for minis]
Remember us Ravens seek the ultmate highground, space.

CSR Beta Galaxy

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1196 on: 05 December 2018, 18:12:38 »
May have missed the "Official" release note but the "2 Mech Intro box," is it slated for before Xmas?  I have players asking me but totally understand if "We don't know" is an answer.  Also from the Mech Con thread, the "8 Mech" set was said it will come out a month later, right?  [Side note the 8 mech one I want for minis]

I don't think either one has a concrete street date yet.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #1197 on: 05 December 2018, 18:43:57 »
I don't think either one has a concrete street date yet.

They don't, but I'm hoping to rectify that very soon.

I've been happy with the CGL store so far.  I ordered the updated Total Warfare as well and received it in a timely manner.  Now, I ordered Shattered Fortress on 11/29 and it hasn't shipped yet.  But sounds like that is an error in the street date now.  (Did I read that right Cubby?)

So, I really am going to have an update on all of this soon, and you won't miss it--forum post, website post, social media post. But:

If you ordered SF through the CGL store, my understanding is that those order *should* be getting filled.

As I recall, it took a few working days, maybe four or so, for my TW order to ship. So if you haven't seen any progress by Friday p.m. EST, PM me with your info and I'll try to track down what's going on.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1198 on: 05 December 2018, 18:50:49 »
As I recall, it took a few working days, maybe four or so, for my TW order to ship.

I had a similar experience. My copy of TW was ordered on the 8th of November and shipped on the 14th (five business days).

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #1199 on: 05 December 2018, 19:10:06 »
If you ordered SF through the CGL store, my understanding is that those order *should* be getting filled.

As I recall, it took a few working days, maybe four or so, for my TW order to ship. So if you haven't seen any progress by Friday p.m. EST, PM me with your info and I'll try to track down what's going on.

No worries Cubby. Just got the email that it shipped today.  Thanks again for keeping us informed! :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index