Author Topic: Civilian Uprising Question  (Read 7054 times)

Jackmc

• Captain
    • How I pay the bills
Re: Civilian Uprising Question
« Reply #30 on: 12 December 2011, 23:23:22 »
What gets you in trouble is the aftermath.

You're missing my point.  If you are the duely authorized military or polcie force for a faction and both the law and the government authorize the use of deadly force to end a riot, then you are in the clear.  That's not an insignificant point in the BT universe where some factions grant that power.

-Jackmc

billtfor3

• Lieutenant
  • Smashing Liao and Kurita since 3025!
« Reply #31 on: 12 December 2011, 23:43:15 »
I'm not missing your point.  One page one I stated that if you have clear orders and the crowd needs put down then go to town.  Just be ready for the aftermath, which in more than a few units cases has been the employer placing the blame on the unit for using excessive force.
SGT Mark McKinnon, Recon Lance McKinnon's Company, 7th Crusis Lancers, Federated Suns

Drasius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 12 December 2011, 23:56:20 »
The Lyran backwater planet civil war scenario book that I can't recall the name of ATM deals with some police and uprising forces either assisting or hindering the player group, as well as media spin if casualties are taken and media manipulation in general.

A quick note on fun games, chasing a hovervehicle holding the rebels who have just robbed/bombed/killed/whatever through a city in an appropriate battlemech can be super fun when playing a double blind game, especially if you are trying to capture them instead of reduce them to carbon. It's also rather fun escaping the pub/officers club/warehouse/whatever under the same circumstances if the bad guys have organised an ambush.

Register