Author Topic: Replacement for MicroMachine vehicles?  (Read 2135 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Replacement for MicroMachine vehicles?
« on: 12 April 2018, 23:00:56 »
Its called Tonka Tinys, supposed to be tiny versions of their most popular children's vehicle toys.  The ones I got came in a 'mystery garage' is the boxes that are linked together and they can be stacked.  IMO they EASILY can be shipping crates for ports or railheads.  And for how I mount BA I can put two points/squads inside . . . or even some IWM vehicles.  Good for surprise fun!

The mech is a Axeman, we use the Hotmatz so the hex is 1.75" . . . since its a semi-framed fire truck, I think it works.  You can see a unpainted Schilitron in the background.

I found the item in Walgreens, so it was not the cheapest place to buy (looking for another GotG Milano).  Trying to see if I can find a cheaper option, some of the Tinys are sold as sets it seems, like Fire & Rescue or Construction.

Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
Re: Replacement for MicroMachine vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2018, 08:13:41 »
The ones I got came in a 'mystery garage' is the boxes that are linked together and they can be stacked.  IMO they EASILY can be shipping crates for ports or railheads.

And because they're made of Tonka Tough steel, they represent hardened buildings! ;)

Seriously, that's a really good find. I never would've thought of that.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Ronin Actual

• Warrant Officer
  • Bad Day?
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2018, 23:26:05 »
I saw some at Target @ $2.50. but they are in the blind boxes and there are only a few I'm interested in. Looks like they had a cool SWAT truck in a series 3-5.

House Davie Merc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2018, 01:40:28 »
A similar item is available at Target stores .

Their called the Driven Pocket Series made by Battat .
The Battats come with little road sections and the Tonkas
might be just a hair smaller .

My son has some of both .

There are multiple series of both as well .