Author Topic: AGoAC Box Set: Thunderbolt Missing Parts  (Read 1004 times)

MarauderD

• Major
AGoAC Box Set: Thunderbolt Missing Parts
« on: 04 July 2020, 10:24:50 »
Hello gang,

Way back in 2018, NeonKnight was kind enough to pick up the AGoAC box set for me from GenCon.  Now that my daughters enjoy playing with me, I figured it was time to start painting.  As I put the base coat on my TDR-5S, I couldn't get over the feeling that something was missing, and yet I couldn't figure out what. 

Then I looked at other pictures of the box set Thud posted in this link, and it hit me:  my Thud doesn't have any Pauldrons!  It makes the mini much slimmer and a little more "simian" looking.  I'll post some pics later from work, but here is the question:  is there anything to be done about this?  Is there someone I can email to request this little plastic pieces get mailed to me?

At the end of the day, I'll use the mini either way.  I just wouldn't mind getting it fully assembled and painted as well.  Thanks for any suggestions!

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
Re: AGoAC Box Set: Thunderbolt Missing Parts
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2020, 11:25:34 »
Try the CGL customer service. B1BFlyer of CamoSpecs answered a comment on one of the CamoSpecs Youtube videos, and said that if there is any defect with the miniatures that the customer service should be contacted and that they will issue a replacement.

However, you will find on this forum people mentioning that the customer service takes a long time to reply, if it replies at all. If you are a backer for the Clan Invasion kickstarter, try scouring the comment sections of the updates, Randall and Brent posted their emails there, so you can try sending the email directly to them.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2020, 12:36:36 »
Done, thanks for the advice!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2020, 17:57:48 »
I'd love to see a pic, thanks!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2020, 09:35:08 »
Oh man, posting pics.  Here goes:

https://imgur.com/UBtp3ji

https://imgur.com/ulVxnOy

https://imgur.com/DFkdGy2

https://imgur.com/tKC7U1l

Okay, I see that the links are there.  How do I make the photos themselves appear in the thread?  Sorry for the lack of pic posting experience. 
« Last Edit: 06 July 2020, 09:37:42 by MarauderD »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2020, 13:10:42 »
A bit tricky with Imgur, you need to open the image alone (or copy its link, with the file type) and copy-paste it to [ img ] tags (or click the mona lisa icon).
Posting these for you:

EDIT Lack of pauldrons is definitively weird looking. That said, it would make for a nice customized T-bolt, perhaps AES-equipped arms?
« Last Edit: 06 July 2020, 13:13:20 by Empyrus »

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2020, 16:32:07 »
If you have styrene or model putty like green stuff you could make your own too.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2020, 16:55:29 »
Thanks for that - I'd keep it as a unique!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 07 July 2020, 08:12:31 »
Catalyst customer service just responded and are sending a replacement.  I think I’ll still finish this first one in sword of light colors.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2020, 17:43:01 »
Great customer service!  Box came from CGL with not one but two brand new Thunderbolts with pauldrons!  Hurrah and thank you CGL!

Register