Author Topic: Feasibility Check  (Read 1258 times)

Lochnivar

• Recruit
Feasibility Check
« on: 02 June 2020, 09:50:03 »
I have a story in mind, but I'd like to check the feasibility of the underlying premise before I invest the energy into what is going to be rejected.

The basic premise is that main character is a leader of a small mercenary unit.  The unit is NOT a Mech unit, it's an independent special ops unit.

The character is originally from New Avalon and the story is set in 3150, after the DCMS has conquered New Avalon.  He is returning to New Avalon to finalize family business, not aid in the guerrilla resistance on the planet.  However, he's recognized by another merc officer (doesn't have to be a bigwig) and suspicion ensues.

I haven't gone beyond that, but I'm starting to lean towards having Panda (the character) be drawn in.  Perhaps by the same suspicions.

There are two issues here that I need to work through.

1. Travel into the New Avalon system.  Is the DCMS allowing non-military travel into and out of New Avalon?  I can see a lockdown as a possible, but also some travel allowed.

2. Would there be a "professional courtesy" from Wolf's Dragoons?  If Panda can convince the Wolf Dragoons officer that he's on personal business and not on contract, would he be allowed to go on his way, albeit under severe scrutiny?

I'm working on this for Shrapnel so I want to make sure that I'm getting this right the first time and have the details in my mind.
Thanks to Auberan for the crest.

Lochnivar

• Recruit
Re: Feasibility Check
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2020, 10:18:54 »
I actually have a better plan for things.  He's actually there for a separate contract when the DCMS comes scorching out of the heavens.
Thanks to Auberan for the crest.

Register