Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XVII: Licensed to IlClan  (Read 138314 times)

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Upcoming Releases XVII: Licensed to IlClan
« on: 29 July 2020, 01:10:51 »
Stealing SteelRaven's suggestion
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Luciora

• Major
Re: Upcoming Releases XVII: Licensed to IlClan
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2020, 01:28:14 »
NO SLEEP TIL TERRA!

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2020, 01:32:46 »
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2020, 01:39:32 »
Beatboxbot proves he is the illest of Clans.

More seriously: The fourth Recognition Guide is due up Friday, and what are the other books again?  Might as well start this topic off on topic!
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

ravensword

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2020, 01:49:24 »
More seriously: The fourth Recognition Guide is due up Friday, and what are the other books again?  Might as well start this topic off on topic!

Rock of the Republic is out now, at least for Kindle.

TRO:  Golden Century and the POD of ED:  Golden Century are also scheduled for Friday.

Next week we see what the Scorpions have been up to with TP:  Hanseatic Crusade.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2020, 02:16:50 »
Huzzah! for the Scorpions.  May they spread the Goliath Scorpion to many new worlds.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2020, 04:54:52 »
TRO:  Golden Century and the POD of ED:  Golden Century are also scheduled for Friday.

Next week we see what the Scorpions have been up to with TP:  Hanseatic Crusade.

Oh very nice!

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2020, 05:59:12 »
Rock of the Republic should be widely available now. I’ll be posting links later today.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #8 on: 29 July 2020, 06:15:14 »
Beatboxbot proves he is the illest of Clans.

Briefly I thought that was a Matador. Wow do I need some sleep.

So I'm going to wait until TRO: GC is out to pick up Spotlight On: Thermo Police and the other new TTS entry. What do you all think of SO & TTS? Haven't heard anything yet.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #9 on: 29 July 2020, 06:18:15 »
Rock of the Republic is a good read.  :thumbsup:

The sneak peek at Honor's Gauntlet has me looking forward to it.
I have spoken.

hf22

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 29 July 2020, 06:30:32 »
Rock of the Republic is a good read.  :thumbsup:

Blaine wasn't kidding in the acknowledgements about this one being for those, who like Stone, might have slept through everything which happened during the Dark Age novels. Quite an info dump to start!
« Last Edit: 29 July 2020, 07:39:36 by hf22 »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #11 on: 29 July 2020, 06:52:36 »
Google books have failed me again, i'm unable to get my stupid app read the book after buying it. Like SECOND BattleTech book i bought through them that it won't read. (sigh).  Same thing happened to the Divided We Fall too.  I can only read it on Google browser vs on my phone's google books.  I've tested two separate devices, it's the file.

Anyways, i'm looking forward to TRO: Golden Century.  Hopefully i can afford it and printed version.  xp
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #12 on: 29 July 2020, 07:27:33 »
Touring the Stars Kaumberg is great for those that haven't got it it's worth it.

It details Kaumberg (no surprises there) and how its ruled like the others do and how the world fits uniquely into the universe.  From standing up to the Rim Worlds raiders, to dealing with the Succession Wars, the FedCom Civil War and Jihad and then the Archonette backlash that followed a decent read.

I find it amusing that the original House of Lords on Kaumberg who ruled the world originally each ruled for 5 years before another was elected.  That same Kaumberg was the world tasked with tracking down and eliminating the Democracy Now movement.

While I know that the House of Lords each were born into the position the fact that they shared responsibility for the world is cool.  Same with defence of the world given that the KPG are made up of elements of all the Lords forces.  The world also has a decent sized navy which is given as part of the product i.e number of cutters, frigates, aircraft carriers etc.

I also like that they've sort of self assumed responsibility to help the worlds around them with the KPG deploying to help because House Steiner uses its main regiments to face off against its more powerful neighbours on other borders.

And the cherry ontop multiple variants of industrial/primitive Mechs.  Well well worth it.

Herb (and the others involved), I really enjoyed this one thank you.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Agathos

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 29 July 2020, 07:33:16 »

for those, who like Stone, who might have slept through everything which happened during the Dark Age novels.

How dare you compare me to Devlin Stone.  ;)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #14 on: 29 July 2020, 08:00:33 »
I COME TO BE ILKAT!

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #15 on: 29 July 2020, 08:21:46 »
Briefly I thought that was a Matador. Wow do I need some sleep.

So I'm going to wait until TRO: GC is out to pick up Spotlight On: Thermo Police and the other new TTS entry. What do you all think of SO & TTS? Haven't heard anything yet.

Dragon Cat has a great review

SO: Thermo Police is awesome as well, highly recommended.

The whole book, from their beginnings as a planetary police force that was built to navigate the extensive caverns on Coyle, through the Fall of the Star League, pirates, the Succession Wars, and on to the Clan era and beyond, flows really well.

I'm having a hard time NOT spoiling the book because it's just that good, but keep an eye out for the planet that "worships" the unit, and Thomas Cable.

The fact the Raven Alliance keeps them on, and even expands their ranks, gives me hope for a post-ilClan future where older outfits don't go away, they just get upgraded.

This product finally gives us a WHM-6Rk Warhammer record sheet as well.
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #16 on: 29 July 2020, 08:32:05 »
Dragon Cat has a great review

SO: Thermo Police is awesome as well, highly recommended.

The whole book, from their beginnings as a planetary police force that was built to navigate the extensive caverns on Coyle, through the Fall of the Star League, pirates, the Succession Wars, and on to the Clan era and beyond, flows really well.

I'm having a hard time NOT spoiling the book because it's just that good, but keep an eye out for the planet that "worships" the unit, and Thomas Cable.

The fact the Raven Alliance keeps them on, and even expands their ranks, gives me hope for a post-ilClan future where older outfits don't go away, they just get upgraded.

This product finally gives us a WHM-6Rk Warhammer record sheet as well.

Yeah I bought that too, great product as well.

Thermo Police is a quirky unit that is a great addition some of the pilot "officer" dossiers are great as well, their call signs, the humanitarian mission to save people from an earthquake/tsunami was brilliant as well it reminded me of a story in one of the TROs of two Clan Battle Armour troopers who used their flamers to cut a firebreak and save a settlement from a natural fire.

Again thanks to the writers you did a great job with this one

EDIT the Krieghund sounds AWESOME!!  I don't know if they've come up before but I want one!
« Last Edit: 29 July 2020, 08:48:16 by Dragon Cat »
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #17 on: 29 July 2020, 09:15:17 »
So the sneak peak on the Vision Quest was pretty interesting, folks were talking about but this-

'If it had all that, why did this 'mech die out?  Just to make way for the OmniMech?' from rebs I think is going to be a big refrain.

So to kick it around . . . think of how they explained what happened to some of the early Omnis even.  Like Tokasha, it was building the Corvis and Corvis Omni, but when the Bears took it away, they stopped production and shifted it to something else.  Or the Dire Wolf, developed by the Wolves but they lost the rights to produce the design in a Trial against the Jaguars . . . and made it up by winning the right to production from a factory on SM IIRC.

I think we are likely to see some convoluted Clan politics be the core of why a lot of these designs were no longer in production- and remember a lot of the designs we got in 3060 & 3067 as secondline designs were not in production (or just put back in production for the Invasion) but they could and most likely still were present.  FREX, the Vision Quest sounds awful Nova Cat-ty (esp w/ that paintjob) . . . if you were a Jag Khan wanting to make a point when the Cats rolled out their new flagship heavy, what better way than to Trial for the right to produce the design.  Win and then automatically consign it to a databank . . . it wastes all the time and effort the Cats put into the design, and is a very embarrassing episode.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

PsylockeSmythe

• Corporal
« Reply #18 on: 29 July 2020, 10:09:14 »
Rock of the Republic should be widely available now. I’ll be posting links later today.
It looks like it made it to Amazon's POD yesterday evening.  Got my copy ordered and should have it on Monday.

Psy

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #19 on: 29 July 2020, 10:14:56 »
sneaky. got it and the dtf of shrapnel

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
« Reply #20 on: 29 July 2020, 10:36:27 »

Blaine wasn't kidding in the acknowledgements about this one being for those, who like Stone, might have slept through everything which happened during the Dark Age novels. Quite an info dump to start!

THANK GOD! I've TRIED to read the DA novels. I really have. Tried one, couldn't finish. Tried two more, still couldn't finish. Damn, some were absolutely sleepers (in the bad way).
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #21 on: 29 July 2020, 10:59:31 »
The Sleeper has awaken? (runs)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #22 on: 29 July 2020, 11:10:31 »
THANK GOD! I've TRIED to read the DA novels. I really have. Tried one, couldn't finish. Tried two more, still couldn't finish. Damn, some were absolutely sleepers (in the bad way).

Then you probably tried some of the first ones.  The later half they went with established BT authors although they did have to pay more attention to the mechanics of the MWDA game and some of its rules.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
« Reply #23 on: 29 July 2020, 11:13:00 »
Then you probably tried some of the first ones.  The later half they went with established BT authors although they did have to pay more attention to the mechanics of the MWDA game and some of its rules.

Pretty much. Any helpful hints to which ones are actually readable (and important)?
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

ravensword

• Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: 29 July 2020, 11:37:01 »
Out of the first batch, Ghost War (the first one) is a fun read, but it's not extremely relevant to the overarching plot.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #25 on: 29 July 2020, 11:42:11 »
We should take this to another thread.  However, if pressed to asked for key moments for characters and the Dark Age as whole, i'd say; Ghost Wars, A Call to Arms, Scorpion Jar, Flight of the Falcon, Blood of the Isle, Swords of Sedition, Fortress Republic Wolf Hunters, Masters of War, A Rending of Falcons, Fire At Will, Last Charge, Ride the Chimera.  Bonfire of Worlds as well.

There very readable books i didn't list but their not defining turning points.   I didn't list the Proving Ground trilogy only because of readability... however, they were an important part.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #26 on: 29 July 2020, 11:47:44 »
Ghost War (#1) is slow b/c its a setting building book, A Call to Arms (#2), By Temptations & By War, I enjoyed Patriots Stand but its a BT version of Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven redux (though it introduces current Hansen's Roughriders and a look at Galatea), Flight of the Falcon (#10, by Milan), Fortress Republic (#18), and from #18 on you generally get good stuff that built what we are using right now.

Proving Grounds is probably one of those he read- or Ruins of Paper (Power really) . . . but yeah, Wrangler beat me to a lot of it.  You get the Falcon desant arc, Republic's VSD funeral & Fortress arc, Caleb's ascension, Lyran Operation Hammerfall & Crusader Wolf move, and the rebirth of the League arcs.  Bonfire wraps up a lot of it and paves the way for ER/FM3145.
Colt Ward

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #27 on: 29 July 2020, 12:07:43 »
Herb (and the others involved), I really enjoyed this one thank you.

Thank YOU! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

- Herb

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #28 on: 29 July 2020, 20:01:01 »
Rock of the Republic by Blaine Lee Pardoe is now available in e-book and print-on-demand format!

E-Book: https://books2read.com/BattleTechRockoftheRepublic
Print on Demand: https://www.amazon.com/BattleTech-Rock-Republic-Novella/dp/1947335294

FAR FROM HOME…

Exarch Devlin Stone, hero of the Word of Blake Jihad and architect of the Republic of the Sphere, has returned to Terra only to find his beloved nation under siege and in danger of breaking apart. As threats bear down on the Republic from all sides, Stone and his inner circle must move fast to bolster Terra’s defenses from all who seek to conquer the birthplace of humanity.

However, not all of his allies have heeded Stone’s call to arms. Former Exarch Damien Redburn, who left Terra to defend the Republic’s borders from the rapacious Clan Wolf, was cut off when the walls of Fortress Republic rose. Without support or reinforcements, Redburn, the Fidelis, and Countess Tara Campbell’s Highlanders have held the line against the Wolves for years, but the never-ending campaign has pushed all of them to their breaking points. Is Stone’s return genuine, or a carefully crafted hoax? Can Redburn be brought back into the fold, or has he gone rogue for good? In the end, Stone, Redburn, and their allies must each decide their path before tensions can erupt in a clash that could shake the very foundation of the Republic.

Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #29 on: 29 July 2020, 20:04:04 »
Sounds most impressive!   Can't wait to read it.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Register