Author Topic: How do i Do this (#1) Ghost Bears vs 22nd Rasalhague Free Company (Vipaava)  (Read 2038 times)

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
ok from the Invader Clans SB, im running the battle of Lion's Den with the 22nd Rasalhague Free Company vs elements of the 14th Battle Cluster (Ghost Bears), specifically a Star from the 23rd Battle Trinary and a Nova from 76th Supernova. The FRR force consists of 1 Company of 'mechs and TWO REGIMENTS of Infantry. How exactly would the batchall go? who would deal with the infantry? HOW would you deal with the infantry?

right now, im thinking of allowing up to one star of fighters to be used, but only for bombing the infantry formation (presuming that the GB's would think nothing of dealing with cannon fodder barbarians with the most effect AoE weapons available: carpet bombing) but... am i correct to allow this? i just kind of think its funny to watch the infantry move one hex per turn across the map until the fighters come across the map to say hello... but again, should i?

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
A Mech Star and a Nova Star should do OK.  Ten mechs, esp if you grab a variant or three with some MGs, SPL or flamer, plus the Eles should definitely be MG or flamer.  Feel free to pack some infernos in the Eles and mechs. 

Is there any mention of the battlefield at all?  I can't see a human wave attack, so guessing some built up terrain to give cover a chance to fire for all that PBI. 

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
The entry in ICSB (pg 32) just calls the location 'The Lion's Den' with a giant outcropping. Im just using a HMMap, mostly flat with a huge level 8 chunk of rock at one corner, the other end of the map with a winding dirt road to represent the infantry line, pressumably dug in.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Depending on when the battle takes place, using ASF against infantry makes sense what with the Ghostbears not engaging in Zell against I.S. Opponents. Just make sure you have the ability to fly back once your off the map, Just in case  O0
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
I'd go something like this :

Fire Moth B, Toad Point
Fire Moth B, Toad Point
Viper A, Toad Point
Viper B, Toad Point
Viper C, Toad Point

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
this is composition of forces that i looked up, using various cannon and probably non-cannon sources available for the GB forces

76th Super Nova                                                                     
Alpha Battle Nova
Star Captain Kenbarg Devillar, X, Timber Wolf A
 MechWarrior X, X, Timber Wolf C
MechWarrior X, X, Mad Dog
MechWarrior X, X, Mad Dog A
MechWarrior X, X, Storm Crow C
Point Commander X, X, 4 Elementals

23rd BATTLE   
Alpha Battle Star   
Star Captain Liam Snuka, X, Timber Wolf A
 MechWarrior X, X, Storm Crow C
MechWarrior X, X, Viper B
MechWarrior X, X, Viper B
MechWarrior X, X, Kitfox

FIGHTER TRINARY
Charlie Fighter Star
Star Commander X, X, Visigoth
Pilot X, X, Visigoth
Pilot X, X, Turk
Pilot X, X, Turk
Pilot X, X, Turk
Pilot X, X, Turk
Pilot X, X, Sulla
Pilot X, X, Sulla
Pilot X, X, Batu
Pilot X, X, Batu

Now i rolled up the FRR forces using the 3028-3050 Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables, found elsewhere on the forums (TUVM for making it) for 12 'mechs, rolling 3 DRG-1Ns, a GRF-1DS and a 1N, 2 HBK-4G's, a LNC25-02 Lancelot, a SHD-2H, a CGR-1A1, a Longbow-OW and a ARC-5R, all with Regular or Green pilots

of course i had to use my imagination (and google images) for the planetary flag...

This one was the flag i used for Dawn's FRR forces  8)

LOL can you imagine growing up being the 'INCOMING!/GET TO THE CHOPPA' child?

« Last Edit: 11 February 2013, 21:21:53 by pensiveswetness »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
FIGHTER TRINARY
Charlie Fighter Star
Star Commander X, X, Visigoth
Pilot X, X, Visigoth
Pilot X, X, Turk
Pilot X, X, Turk
Pilot X, X, Turk
Pilot X, X, Turk
Pilot X, X, Sulla
Pilot X, X, Sulla
Pilot X, X, Batu
Pilot X, X, Batu

My take?

2x Jengiz C
4x Sulla C
2x Batu B
2x Batu D

Good ground firesupport, Jengiz, great patrol, Sulla, excellant close support, Batu B and D makes an awesome sniper command.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Apjayhawk82

• Recruit
2x viper f's
3x dasher k's
5 points elementals
“Remember, warrior, even when the ice coats your body and the wind steals your breath, your bond with your brothers warms your heart and your brothers' will give you strength.” 
   — Traditional words in the clawing ritual

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
Apjayhawk82~

He's trying to recreate an earlier battle using the first generation of configs from 3050-55 era. Not later ones using Heavy Laser technology.

The canon use of the Viper F config is that while the MG Array is there, it wasn't until '68 that the Sharks help retro it for the clans via captured designs.

TT

Edit: Welkome to the boards BTW. First post and all!  O0
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
it pretty much was a route. No clan units achieved any crippling damage and the FRR took over 66% losses, including one headcap by SRMs (after getting 2 gryos from rea shots by the same elementals that got the SRM induced kill), a dragon and hunchie by ammo critical explosions, the lancelot with mutilple criticals and limped off the map... fun in other words... one unit died from heat-ammo-explosion-rain parts...  O0

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
I'd put infantry in proper trench's, that way they don't have to spend a turn to dig in and vehicles can use them as well

I'd also suggest using field gunners with Rifles(Cannon) for some extra bite