Author Topic: How do you build a quartermaster?  (Read 2622 times)

Greatclub

• Captain
How do you build a quartermaster?
« on: 29 May 2020, 21:48:38 »
I'm tryng to set up a game w/me as GM. I'm borrowing the 'troupe' concept from ars magica - everyone gets one 'wizard' (mechjock) and a couple support characters. In this case, 'combatant', second 'support' (Tech, intel officer, quartermaster, commo guy, liaison officer) and the third 'interesting' (the cook, the guy who does laundry and odd jobs, security private who has been busted from Sargent)

Anyway, how do you build a quartermaster/scrounger using lifepath rules? I'm looking at them and drawing a blank - the player is basically trying to get Leftenant Ricardo Copley from Malicious Intent (except not screwing his unit.)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: How do you build a quartermaster?
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2020, 07:21:01 »
Trade School is your go to.  Take the Merchant Basic Field, and the Manager Advanced one.  Because it's a civilian school, it doesn't prevent you from also taking an Academy (where I'd suggest Analysis and/or Scout) and OCS.  Beyond that, Civilian Job is a good filler for years, though you could certainly throw in a Tour of Duty or something else more exciting.  Civilian Job has an edge because you can take it repeatedly with no penalties (beyond getting older, which actually nets you experience if you use the full aging rules).

Lamont-Cranston

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2020, 00:19:06 »
Draw up a basic infantry soldier, add some connections and skills like administration, appraisal, negotiation, and maybe even forgery if its some midnight requisition.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2020, 03:17:33 »
That's basically what Trade School does for you...

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2020, 03:40:28 »
Then, in place of a "Tour of Duty", he took the "Organized Crime" module for stage 4, still representing the things he did in uniform.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2020, 03:47:10 »
Organized Crime also works well!  :thumbsup:

Register