Author Topic: Does it make you happy now? (another Ngoverse alternate because I can't sleep)  (Read 89576 times)

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Well, what are they going to do with all of their Clusters of BattleMechs???  Interesting, very interesting.  They won't need all of them to defend the surfaces of Asteroids and other such bases.

Sell them off ot the FedCom and get the stuff that Liz thinks they need be it weapons, technology or stuffed Urbie plushies.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

georgiaboy

• Warrant Officer
If the Raven Pilots are really good, have them start training as a Mech Warrior and then trade their Mechs for LAM's.

"Constructive critism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
Sell them off ot the FedCom and get the stuff that Liz thinks they need be it weapons, technology or stuffed Urbie plushies.

I really would dig an Urbie Plushy lol.  I wonder if there are any made.

EDIT:  I'm dumb I never knew about the Clan Invasion Kick-starter as I don't play the table top.  Never anyone around that was interested in my time in the Army.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2020, 11:18:44 by Kasaga »

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Can you imagine the OA military equipped with the Raven' castoff Battlemechs. The size of the Raven is finite and cannot cover everything, especially when the Raven ships have to go through refit and maintenance (at least ΒΌ of the fleet at any given time). A well-equipped and well-trained ground force will still be a necessity (even if it is filled Raven warriors who did not want to stay in space).
« Last Edit: 02 August 2020, 11:05:55 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
Was there a full force list for the Trial, or for the Steel Viper invasion force anywhere?
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
Was there a full force list for the Trial, or for the Steel Viper invasion force anywhere?

No I but I would love to see it.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
[out of story]

oh boy...

From the SARNA page!

Coiled Serpent Vincent-class
Constrictor Whirlwind-class
Snake in the Grass Whirlwind-class
Martial Legacy Essex-class
Snake Pit Lola III-class
Anaconda Lola III-class
Steel Python Aegis-class
Snake Leader Congress-class;
Sanra Mercer Sovetskii Soyuz-class
Zalman's Endeavor Cameron-class
Ophidian Potemkin-class
Serpentes Potemkin-Class

I won't dig into the details of the specific names of the dropships-because there were a LOT of dropships that also went down.

out of those 12 ships, only 2 survived.

Constrictor Whirlwind-class
Snake Pit Lola III-class

Leaving the Steel Viper touman with four warships total (and that's if you count that Carrack class as a warship.)

They also lost five Galaxies...and a Khan.

Trials of Absorption are almost a guarantee.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
Oh yeah and with either of those ships having no Docking collars for DropShips they couldn't bring anyone back if they wanted to lol.  The Aluminium Snapies are doneskies!

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
More over if those five galaxies were all the front line ones. Frankly, the vipers should abandon all their enclaves to concentrate to their capital of New Kent. It would give them a (minuscule  xp ) chance to survive as a Clan.

Funny the number of french words and expressions that turns up in the English language. ''je ne sais quoi'' (litterally I don't know what) is one I see often with the butchered ''coup de grace'' (becoming ''coup de gras'' most of the time  :( ).

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
Strana Mechty...

"Who are you?"

"I am the guy who is going to turn your fortunes around."  The man standing at the entrance to the Blood Spirit enclave on Strana Mechty wore no sign nor symbol of the Clans.  instead, he wore a neatly tailored suit in gray, and carried a briefcase.  "Just take me to your leaders."

"I asked a question, freebirth, who are you??"

"You can call me..." the man paused, "...Morden, you can call me mister Morden, I've been sent by my employers to ask a question, if you let me ask my question, i will be on my way, just a moment of time, that is all, but I need to ask your Khan this question."

"I need better identification than that, if I am to bother the Khan with...you..."

"Of course." the man smiled endearingly, "you have significant security concerns, your Khan's time is precious, and they have a great many enemies, you don't know anythign about me, or my business.  I guess I will just have to visit the Star Adders instead with my employer's business."

"Wait...wait here."

The guard contacted her officer, who contacted someone higher ranking, who then contacted someone yet higher still. 

finally, there was movement.

"Who are you? what is your business here?"

"My business...of course, you are Khan Karianna Schmitt, and I can answer your questions, is that not nice?" the man's smile was still there, as he presented, "My card.  My employers wish to do business with people of absolute integrity."

"Absolute...integrity?"

"yes. people who honor their agreements both in the spirit, and in the letter. Your Clan's reputation is that of having absolute integrity, even at the cost of making quite a few enemies, which has cost you, but you remain proud.  we think you will be a good fit with our plans.  are you interested yet?"

"Ask your question."

"What do you want? I mean, for your people, for your Clan, what is it that you desire? for the future, for the present?  Please trust me on this, we aren't interested in taking anything you have-you have nothing worth taking, except potential for greatness, and that can not be taken so easily."

Her eyes narrowed.  "You will make this same offer to the Star Adders if I say no?"

"One of my colleagues will." he said, "i would prefer not to go that route if it is possible."

"More." she said.

"May I come inside, and show you what Ngo Industries foreign investment arm can do to help your Clan be more than they are?"
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
Lets hope this Mr. Morden don't meet Vir.  ;D ;D  xp

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
Lets hope this Mr. Morden don't meet Vir.  ;D ;D  xp

Hahaha yeah I was about to make a B5 comment.

Now Ngo Industries is working with a Shadowy power lol.

DOC_Agren

• Major
Oh my Mr. Morden is now working for Ngo Industries!!!   

Well they do create stuff in the Shadows>:D
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
My bet would be that his real name isn't Morden, he's just a sci-fi history fan who can't resist stealing the name
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
some people play chess, some people play poker.

"Wow...so that's sex." Elizabeth said comfortably.  "I can see why they write so much poetry about it now."

Some play checkers, some play Go.

"you could have told me you were...inexperienced."  Nathan said.

some play mind games.

"ew, no." she said. "Talking about that? during business hours? I have to have SOME dignity!"

some play word games.

"You did well." he said.

and some don't play any games at all.

she rolled over, "Wanna go again?"

"already??"

"I have years of missed experience to make up for!"

Nikas_Zekeval

• Captain
My bet would be that his real name isn't Morden, he's just a sci-fi history fan who can't resist stealing the name

Particularly, well the Falcons turned down Elizabeth's offer.  Who's to say Modern and his colleagues aren't offering other Clans the same 'deal'?

The Pentagon Worlds are now a wholly owned subsidiary of Ngo Industries. :o

Hairbear541

• Master Sergeant
so who is mr. mordon working for now ? the chigs , if so where are the angry angels and their hammerheads ? the hammerheads ought to be an interesting tech read-out .

Artifex

• Warrant Officer
 :toofunny:

I really did have to belly-laugh at Mr. Mordens antics, especially ... Ngo Industries in the Pentagon Worlds ... oh wow. :toofunny:

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
Bowchickabowow...... Somebody finally got to show off skin!!!

(Yes, i giggled at the Mr. Morden reference.... but HOW did he get there?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

kindalas

• Warrant Officer
Bowchickabowow...... Somebody finally got to show off skin!!!

(Yes, i giggled at the Mr. Morden reference.... but HOW did he get there?

Probably from the Starleague Enclave on Huntress.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Cannonshop, are we going to see more of Mr. Morden, or is this going to be as dangling thread?

I have a hankering to write a couple pages of them interacting...
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Amidst all the general merriment ... does Khan McKenna mean it when she says the Ravens will become the Rockjakkah? Eg. workers?

The transition from "Warriors sometimes in space" to "Spacers who fight sometimes" will destroy the Clan structure. Beltawallahs need belts.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
Amidst all the general merriment ... does Khan McKenna mean it when she says the Ravens will become the Rockjakkah? Eg. workers?

The transition from "Warriors sometimes in space" to "Spacers who fight sometimes" will destroy the Clan structure. Beltawallahs need belts.

The Snow Ravens have probably the best basis for reorganizing their Clan into something that can do that, and by partnering w/ the Outworlds to handle their 'in the gravity well needs' (not many, to be honest) they become effectively unconquerable by the other Clans and unlikely to be opposed by the nearby Inner Sphere powers.  (or at least, 'effectively' opposed).

There will, no doubt, be all sorts of internal realignments and social upheavals within the Clan, but the strategy is actually pretty sound-they'll effectively have a monopoly on OWA shipping in exchange for a dominant seat at the table, without the vulnerability of being tied to 'must defend' surface holdings, while also having a built in market for goods and luxuries.  Their biggest problem will likely be convincing themselves to do it, and to sever their anchors in Clan space.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
I could see them adopting a change in their space combat doctrine first.  Going no atmo in ships during combat and adding onto their fleet with smaller jump capable ships.  Then over time pulling a Clan Diamond Shark/Sea Fox and converting their bigger ships to ark ships and other mobile heavily armed habitats. 

I would look for them moving into belts within the OA and build a lot of space stations.  Or they can go full nomad but that will kill any clan as they can't function as a true mobile society.  They will still have anchor points to defend such as their OA allies.  They just won't lose their infrastructure during an attack.  I would look to their ground forces to turn into more of a Marine Corps as able to conduct planetary ground assaults ahead of the OA.  The OA would also need to convert from an aerospace heavy force to a ground combat centric force in order to provide the yen to the yang.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Their biggest problem will likely be convincing themselves to do it

This. I forsee a major schism. The Ravens have never been fleshed out enough for me to really engage with - they seem to have suffered, as the Bears did, with fanbase projection.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
This. I forsee a major schism. The Ravens have never been fleshed out enough for me to really engage with - they seem to have suffered, as the Bears did, with fanbase projection.

Oh so very true

Red Pins

• Major
Oh so very true

Yeah, you really need to read Project Nelson.  Think I've mentioned that before, come to think of it. 
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
I have been just in pieces.  Now I need to go back in a take the plunge.

willis

• Master Sergeant
Particularly, well the Falcons turned down Elizabeth's offer.  Who's to say Modern and his colleagues aren't offering other Clans the same 'deal'?

The Pentagon Worlds are now a wholly owned subsidiary of Ngo Industries. :o

Good old Babylon 5 and the ancient race called the Shadows....love that reference....

Red Pins

• Major
Also Doom Patrol, Mr. Nobody's name before the Nazi scientist empowered him.

Register