Author Topic: Galleon Mini - was one ever made?  (Read 2797 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Galleon Mini - was one ever made?
« on: 29 March 2018, 21:32:23 »
So, in my drive for making teams, one is going to be composed of metal minis of the vintage persuasion.  (Team Tan)  One of the tanks out of TR 3025 happens to be the Galleon, and I decided it would be a good inclusion in the HQ bodyguard force along with the MHQ, Von Luckner, MASH and a few others. 

First off, was one ever made?

2nd off, if one was, how big is it? Does it look appropriate next to the older Ral Partha Infantry?

Thanks.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Daemion

• Major
Re: Galleon Mini - was one ever made?
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2018, 21:32:58 »
And, I thought I was in the minis forum when I posted this.  Mods, feel free to put it there.

Thanks, again.

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2018, 21:44:49 »
Yes, there was a mini made of the 3025 Galleon. It was roughly one inch long by an half-inch wide. It looks undersized next to infantry, because while it was about 6mm scale, BattleTech's infantry are about 8mm.

Note that the original Galleon is Unseen (it is a copy of a tank from Crusher Joe) and thus can be hard to find, and pricey when you do find it.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2018, 21:46:25 »
Yes there was one. It’s almost identical in size to the reseen version

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2018, 23:28:07 »
Thanks, guys.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2018, 08:33:10 »
Note that the original Galleon is Unseen (it is a copy of a tank from Crusher Joe) and thus can be hard to find, and pricey when you do find it.

I lucked out and ran across someone selling two unopened blisters a few years ago and had to pay about $45 for the set

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2018, 16:22:49 »
Additional warning: the lasers of the unseen model are prone to breaking, especially the sponson lasers.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #9 on: 03 April 2018, 00:46:03 »
I lucked out and ran across someone selling two unopened blisters a few years ago and had to pay about $45 for the set
Wow, for that price, Please tell me you're thinking of that as "Bad" Luck rather than Good.   xp  Sure, "Unopened Blisters", but still . . .   OUCH!   :o
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 03 April 2018, 01:07:23 »
I just picked up 3 Galleins, incomplete with 2 sets of the sponson lasers and no top lasers.  For 25.  I was hoping to find at least 1 top laser to be able to complete 1 galleon and then customize the other 2. Already have plans for 1 as the medium pulse version.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 03 April 2018, 08:57:33 »
First pic Unseen Galleon, second pic is the resculpt.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #12 on: 03 April 2018, 10:12:27 »
Wow, for that price, Please tell me you're thinking of that as "Bad" Luck rather than Good.   xp  Sure, "Unopened Blisters", but still . . .   OUCH!   :o

I put a premium on not hunting for loose, incomplete oop minis that are guaranteed not to be repros.

Armond

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 04 April 2018, 17:55:44 »
I've got two blisters of the Unseen Galleons(4 total).  Still deciding which force's infantry deserves their love.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 15 April 2018, 03:08:00 »
My take on the 102 med pulse version.

Nips

• Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 15 April 2018, 15:37:18 »
That looks great, Luciora!  Question: Did you paint it then base it, or base it then paint it?  I'm trying to decide which order to do that for my Galleons.
Proud Paper-Pusher of the Oosik Irregulars

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 15 April 2018, 15:42:41 »
Painted the base and mini first before basing it. 

That looks great, Luciora!  Question: Did you paint it then base it, or base it then paint it?  I'm trying to decide which order to do that for my Galleons.

abou

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 15 April 2018, 17:27:16 »
That was you?! Dammit, I almost won that, but my address was still from when I was overseas and wouldn't ship outside the US. That didn't matter because I usually had the shipment sent to my parents' place in Illinois, but forgot to change it at the last second.

Register