Author Topic: Battletech in Pittsburgh, PA?  (Read 3131 times)

robbodrum

• Recruit
Battletech in Pittsburgh, PA?
« on: 20 August 2021, 14:36:39 »
Hey all --

I had the unfortunate timing of coming back to the game after about a decade off just before lockdown kicked in but spent a large portion of that time painting and soaking up everything I could.  I was wondering if there are any groups or players in the Pittsburgh area?  I live in the city (Phantom of the Attic is my closest FLGS) but can certainly make the trip to the North/South Hills, etc. for a game.  CBT or Alpha Strike, doesn't matter to me...I'd just be happy to play!

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
Re: Battletech in Pittsburgh, PA?
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2021, 17:24:37 »
Phantom of the Attic is still open?
I haven't been there since the late '80's.

Oh, I'm a little far for gaming unfortunately...approximately 75 miles.

SShifflett

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2021, 19:39:42 »
I'm in the area although roughly 80 miles SE of Pittsburgh. I'd still be willing to drive for a game or alternate driving. My house has plenty of room for gaming and the wife understands that sometimes you just have to host giant, stompy robots.

billtfor3

• Lieutenant
  • Smashing Liao and Kurita since 3025!
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2021, 08:08:07 »
2-2 1/2 hours Southeast in Cumberland MD, so a little far for me to drive, but if we could find a midway point I'd love to come game some.
SGT Mark McKinnon, Recon Lance McKinnon's Company, 7th Crusis Lancers, Federated Suns

House Davie Merc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2021, 21:18:28 »
2-2 1/2 hours Southeast in Cumberland MD, so a little far for me to drive, but if we could find a midway point I'd love to come game some.

I'm sending you a PM on some recent activity close to me .
Let me know if you don't get it-I'm having problems with this sights PMs .
« Last Edit: 25 November 2021, 21:50:57 by House Davie Merc »

SShifflett

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2022, 08:10:29 »

Hi there. I'm in Somerset, PA so Cumberland is only one hour from me. Perfect drive time for some BattleTech.

SShifflett

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2022, 08:15:33 »
I'm sending you a PM on some recent activity close to me .
Let me know if you don't get it-I'm having problems with this sights PMs .

Can you let me know what's going on near you, as well, please? I've got a gaming group growing in Pittsburgh but I have yet to be able to make a game due to COVID but I'm trying to keep as many gaming group options open as possible. Thanks!

robbodrum

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 04 March 2022, 14:30:59 »
Update to this -- still haven't found anybody locally beyond the 2-3 people I've roped in over the last year or so BUT there is a Con happening in Butler, PA in a couple of weeks that's got a Battletech game listed -- I just registered and need to be cleared before I can sign up for the event itself but I'm definitely planning on going:

https://warhorn.net/events/coscon-xxxii/schedule/sessions/fe308e7a-a94b-46e8-b964-9efb51b55dda

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2022, 14:40:52 »
Update to this -- still haven't found anybody locally beyond the 2-3 people I've roped in over the last year or so BUT there is a Con happening in Butler, PA in a couple of weeks that's got a Battletech game listed -- I just registered and need to be cleared before I can sign up for the event itself but I'm definitely planning on going:

https://warhorn.net/events/coscon-xxxii/schedule/sessions/fe308e7a-a94b-46e8-b964-9efb51b55dda
Interesting.  Unfortunately that weekend is on my 6 day daylight turn.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.