Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 171107 times)

BirdofPrey

• Major
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter is LIVE
« Reply #1800 on: 22 July 2019, 10:51:20 »
And is that better or worse than "only available if you happen to have backed the Kickstarter and have the cash during the Pledge Manager window"?
Doesn't seem much different other than less goddies, but is actually ready to ship.

So: Urbanmech, Urbanmech, Urbanmech, Urbanmech?
Anyone know what color scheme Zippy's Urbanmech Cavalry uses?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #1801 on: 22 July 2019, 10:55:43 »
If you’re looking for least popular lance sets:  PlasTech Retro Memorial Lance Pack
Fatlas, Fatapult, Fatjack, and tiny-AC Hunchback
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1802 on: 22 July 2019, 10:56:46 »
you HAVE to mix the CityTech 2 victor in there somehow

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #1803 on: 22 July 2019, 10:59:06 »
you HAVE to mix the CityTech 2 victor in there somehow

Ol’ Beanpole Slim McShoulderpads? 

Might as well throw in the CityTech Omni Action “Powered Down in the Mech Bay” set, each slumped forward with arm weapon pods pointed at the floor and melded to their thighs.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1804 on: 22 July 2019, 11:36:03 »
i tried to pick the worst four options left i could think of

don't expect any of those

Ostsol and Ostroc would make me happy but I think it unlikely.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1805 on: 22 July 2019, 11:38:53 »
if popular sentiment is the most important factor, the hunchback and behemoth (stone rhino) seem to be the most requested IS / Clan options

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1806 on: 22 July 2019, 12:00:31 »
Hunchback has some merit . . . only reason SERO is b/c that single person keeps spamming that crap . . . its just not that widespread a design.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1807 on: 22 July 2019, 12:11:53 »
The old hunchback model is quite..dated, it needs work and some new art for it would also be good.

Also i'd love to see the Black Python get saved that thing looked dumb as all hell with those matchstick legs.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

RomulusDC

• Corporal
« Reply #1808 on: 22 July 2019, 12:32:10 »
Did it. Full Khan. Can’t wait for the summit. Wish I could be there in person, but online will do.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1809 on: 22 July 2019, 12:34:23 »
full khan with addons for me would be over $1500, roughly so not an option. the community gets the added bonus of my bad ideas staying a safe distance away from polluting anything official

Ursus Maior

• Warrant Officer
  • Just here for a little mayhem.
« Reply #1810 on: 22 July 2019, 12:52:48 »
Ostsol and Ostroc would make me happy but I think it unlikely.
Actually, the Ostroc is - in a certain variant - also fielded by the Clans, as a second line mech of course.

I came up with this list for the two lances/stars likely to be added to the Kickstarter turnout:

Second Line Clan Assault Star: King Crab, Pillager, Nightstar, Emperor, Thunder Hawk.

and: Second Line Clan Security Star Thorn, Hussar, Crab, Wyvern, Ostroc.

Benefit: Stars consist completely of 'Mechs usable by all second line clan forces of the era, as well as by Inner Sphere units.
liber et infractus

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1811 on: 22 July 2019, 13:19:06 »
As I think everyone has seen, the process of packaging and distributing pledges to people can be a nightmare so lots of high value pledges are probably easier to deal with than a lot of small ones. HBS also had a lot of digital delivery and very little physical delivery so again their numbers are going to present a different set of issues.

In other campaigns I have tracked, the huge shipping pitfall has been "number of add-ons per pledge". Lots of people will pick a pledge level with pre-defined rewards, and those are easy to pull, pack and ship in a hurry. Complex pledges with unique packing lists take longer, and require more checking to ensure accuracy.

Given that a lot of the pledge levels have built-in options for lance/star packs, faction swag, etc., I am expecting a very complex and messy fulfillment process.

I don't let it concern me, because I see it, the available choices are:
1. Have faith in Catalyst to put together a robust warehouse system to manage complex fulfillment.
2. Decide not to get worked up over fulfillment schedules, and just wait and see.
3. Don't participate, and wait for retail.
4. Do something else, and get the same result as (1,2, or 3) with a lot more stress.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1812 on: 22 July 2019, 13:57:08 »
The old hunchback model is quite..dated, it needs work and some new art for it would also be good.

You know there is a new Hunchback?

Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

.RL

• Master Sergeant
  • Freeborn Scum
« Reply #1813 on: 22 July 2019, 14:11:24 »
Yeah but that Kickstarter had much higher numbers across the board:

Amount of backers per day:

Where are these viewable on kickstarter? I cannot find them.
A bit obsessed with the BattleTech universe since I saw the glorious TV show as a kid...

My humble offering of painted 'Mechs

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1814 on: 22 July 2019, 14:16:51 »
Where are these viewable on kickstarter? I cannot find them.

Kicktraq records these data: https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/450703636/battletech-clan-invasion/
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1
« Reply #1815 on: 22 July 2019, 14:25:22 »
Hi all,

Per the usual 50-page rule for forum threads, I'll be locking this thread momentarily, and moving discussion to a Vol. 2.

We let the thread go on over the usual cut-off during the first few crazy days of the campaign, but it's time.

Thanks,
Aaron
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Register