Author Topic: BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium  (Read 380135 times)

Wolflord

• Major
  • Look Ma! I have enough posts for a time jump!
Re: BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium
« Reply #120 on: 30 April 2013, 00:57:05 »
I'll guess that it's Arthur just for the heck of it.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #121 on: 30 April 2013, 07:27:30 »
officially the best bet was Ardan

I would have loved for the scene to have been Galen next to Yvonne, Victor on the throne and her pet spymaster in chains

Hi Sis, have a nice trip? It was your last.
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #122 on: 30 April 2013, 08:20:54 »
Tribble # 75 Blind sided

Katherine Steiner Davion's moment of victory was at hand, smiling widely as she walked towards the throne room she reflected upon the success of her propaganda campaign that had broken little Yvonne's spirit, now  was the time to sweep in and snap up what was always rightfully her's while Victor was off chasing after what was left of the Smoke Jaguars and hopefully getting himself killed in the process. Stepping into the chamber she came to dead stop as she spotted Yvonne standing beside the throne, wasn't she supposed to have fled to the Combine? That question was instantly pushed aside as she finally noticed the someone who was sitting on the throne "Why what a pleasant surprise Katherine, come to congratulate me getting trapped in this Regency job?" asked the last person alive she had dream t of sitting there smiling at her, and that smile promised not the celebration she'd been hoping for but long over due payment for her ambitions.

How about Hanse, after a decade in cryo, a bionic heart and a couple of years of physiotherapy? Since he 'died', he's out of the line for the throne, but should do as Regent for the reunited FedCom until Victor gets home ...

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #123 on: 30 April 2013, 09:53:43 »
How about Hanse, after a decade in cryo, a bionic heart and a couple of years of physiotherapy? Since he 'died', he's out of the line for the throne, but should do as Regent for the reunited FedCom until Victor gets home ...

...I keep trying to throw C-Bills at the screen, but nothing happens when I do. I mean, sure, there's plenty of "Hanse Survives His Heart Attack" alt-stories, but none where he pulls something like this.

Or perhaps I should give the plot bunny thing a try...

The Sandoval family has stood in charge of the bulwark that is the Draconis March for centuries, never wavering from their self-appointed task of protecting the Federated Suns from the terrifying menace of the Kurita family. But what if it were all Maskirovka? That for all their sabre-rattling, they have come to understand their foes and after some time this could lead to what would be considered treachery on New Avalon if they don't keep up pretenses. So, at some future time, 4SW-timeframe, the reigning Sandoval (James Sandoval perhaps?) begins an ambitious plan to break those worlds more loyal to him than to the ruling Davion line and join the Draconis Combine in a merger similar to the Azami's own bid for autonomy. This could have far-reaching consequences on the Federated Commonwealth superstate...
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #124 on: 30 April 2013, 14:09:35 »

or Melissa is the one on the throne   >:D
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Wolflord

• Major
  • Look Ma! I have enough posts for a time jump!
« Reply #125 on: 30 April 2013, 14:53:22 »

Oooh! Good one!  O0

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #126 on: 30 April 2013, 15:01:03 »

It's probably Melissa, but there is Galen Cox as well.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #127 on: 30 April 2013, 15:28:13 »
Melissa and Galen, with Victor behind the door
“Toe jam in training”

JA Baker

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #128 on: 01 May 2013, 06:25:03 »
damn, that makes MUCH more sense ... :D

misterpants

• Warrant Officer
  • Bringing you the beats and grooves of Xin Sheng
« Reply #129 on: 01 May 2013, 09:48:10 »
damn, that makes MUCH more sense ... :D

My mind just went to batcrap insane territory and to have Melissa heavily cyberneticized from the assasination attempt...which may or may not mean... :D

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #130 on: 01 May 2013, 10:31:16 »
My mind just went to batcrap insane territory and to have Melissa heavily cyberneticized from the assasination attempt...which may or may not mean... :D

a little less chance of WoBlie interference, the Goons would help with the medical stuff, if not Phelan's Wolves
if it matched the timeline right (dont remember)
“Toe jam in training”

JA Baker

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #131 on: 04 May 2013, 02:39:39 »

The Mistress behind the Counter-Jihad? Y'know, the one where everyone went 40k exterminatus on the Wobbies....
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #132 on: 06 May 2013, 18:59:34 »
Maybe Victor brought in an outside contractor:

Or, if you're REALLY evil:
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #133 on: 06 May 2013, 19:05:41 »
 ;D ;)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #134 on: 06 May 2013, 20:08:59 »
I think Mr. Ikari's a little too out there for Victor to tolerate him.

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #135 on: 07 May 2013, 16:14:47 »
I think Mr. Ikari's a little too out there for Victor to tolerate him.
Just what's wrong with Evil Abe Lincoln clone?
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #136 on: 08 May 2013, 02:09:19 »
Just what's wrong with Evil Abe Lincoln clone?

In a word?  Everything.

Swords of Fire

• Corporal
« Reply #137 on: 08 May 2013, 18:42:39 »
Given how poor Victor's political skills were at the time, I have the mental image of him choosing either Jeffrey Calderon or Sun Tzu Liao as regent.
Sometimes I think that Australia was the inspiration for the Periphery, simply because they both look really good from a long way away, but up close, everything is trying to kill you.

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #138 on: 15 June 2013, 22:45:36 »
Tribble #76

"Terra? You Clans want to take over Terra? Fine. Take it. No one else has a use for that radioactive biohazard."

Comstar got caught with their hands in the cookie jar when they started Operation HOLY SHROUD. Mass defections ensued, and Terra was nuked till it glowed. Then hit with bioweapons. Then nuked again. Then more bioweapons were dumped on it.

Safe to say no Terran Hedgemony will ever rise again from Terra.

serack

• Lieutenant
« Reply #139 on: 16 June 2013, 20:11:19 »
how about rasalhauge (sp) gives the clans safecon through there territories  >:D

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #140 on: 22 June 2013, 20:43:51 »
Tribble #77

During the Clan Invasion in 3049, a young woman was taken as a bondswoman by Clan Jade Falcon. She was pregnant, and her daughter was raised by the Clan. Said daughter became a freeborn Warrior in service of Jade Falcon, and was posted to face the Arc Royal Defense Cordon. Things go wrong, and she's captured by a mercenary group. Shortly thereafter, she's informed the commander of these mercenaries wishes to see her...

During the Clan Invasion, a young mercenary was forced to leave his lover behind when she was captured. He only learned she was pregnant when he was given access to her personal belongings. Now he hates Clan Jade Falcon more than anything else in the Inner Sphere. Eighteen years later, he's the commander of his unit, and taking part in the ARDC. His eye is caught by a young Jade Falcon who was captured in a recent battle, who has the eyes of the woman he loved...

Father and daughter have been united, and they'll need each other to survive the chaos of the Jihad...

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #141 on: 22 June 2013, 22:56:29 »
Tribble #77

During the Clan Invasion in 3049, a young woman was taken as a bondswoman by Clan Jade Falcon. She was pregnant, and her daughter was raised by the Clan. Said daughter became a freeborn Warrior in service of Jade Falcon, and was posted to face the Arc Royal Defense Cordon. Things go wrong, and she's captured by a mercenary group. Shortly thereafter, she's informed the commander of these mercenaries wishes to see her...

During the Clan Invasion, a young mercenary was forced to leave his lover behind when she was captured. He only learned she was pregnant when he was given access to her personal belongings. Now he hates Clan Jade Falcon more than anything else in the Inner Sphere. Eighteen years later, he's the commander of his unit, and taking part in the ARDC. His eye is caught by a young Jade Falcon who was captured in a recent battle, who has the eyes of the woman he loved...

Father and daughter have been united, and they'll need each other to survive the chaos of the Jihad...
The question is, will the daughter feel a bond with her blood father, or will she resent him for being a reminder that she's a freebirth ...

Another twist could be that they met while she was still serving in the Falcons: they meet across a battlefield and both their loyalties are tested ...

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #142 on: 23 June 2013, 10:51:00 »
The question is, will the daughter feel a bond with her blood father, or will she resent him for being a reminder that she's a freebirth ...

Another twist could be that they met while she was still serving in the Falcons: they meet across a battlefield and both their loyalties are tested ...

I think she would feel a bond with her blood father. Remember that culturally, most Jade Falcon Freeborn Warriors had a massive chip on their shoulder against the Trueborns. They hated how the Trueborns got all the best equipment, the best assignments, preferential treatment, etc. Their dislike of Trueborns would mean that making yourself distinct from the "Trashborns" would be considered not only socially acceptable, but actively encouraged.

Really, it wouldn't be surprising for her to be overjoyed for a chance to kill Trueborns without risking a Trial of Grievance or other punishment. Now if only these damned toaster worshippers would stop getting in her way...

deathzealotzero

• Corporal
  • Mecha Guru
« Reply #143 on: 25 June 2013, 19:55:29 »
Anyways I am new here, but a member of Spacebattles for the last few years. While I am not a big fan of the CBT Game /ducks as rotten fruit and veggies are thrown at him/, I am a very big fan of the Mechwarrior Games and some of the books mostly the Gray Death Legion Books (grumble... :'(), and a few others like the St. Ives Compact Books. I have recently started reading some BT Fanfiction and started to get some dumb Plot Tribbles in my head.  >:( Anyways enjoy...

Tribble #78

Similar to one of my new favorite BT Fanfics the Clancy's Word Series, though instead of Earth from the Ryanverse getting dropped into the BT Universe. How about the Earth, and nearby space, from Stargate SG-1. Since some of the surrounding space came with it, the SGC would still be able to connect their gate to say Abydos and Heliopolis along with a few other closer gates. Just a thought....

Tribble #79

Basically a story that follows the end of the MW4 game, and follows Ian Dresari after handing over the leadership of Kentares over to his sister. This is mostly due to my hatred of the story of the Black Knight Game, loved the game itself, but hated the story. I also didn't like that they didn't make any other game following the other end of the decision tree in Vengeance. /grumble/ Anyways basically this story actually becomes an AU version of the story of MW4: Merc where Ian and his team become a Freelance Merc Unit for some reason accepting contracts to defend helpless people caught in the middle of the FedCom Civil War. An interesting idea but trying to figure out a reason for Ian to go Merc instead of joining Victor's Forces. /shrug/

I have another Tribble that is basically a Novelization of the MW4 Merc Game, but really its an old one and I am sure someone has done it already.

That said, I hope you all liked my few C-Bills to the lot.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #144 on: 25 June 2013, 22:55:17 »
Tribble #79

Basically a story that follows the end of the MW4 game, and follows Ian Dresari after handing over the leadership of Kentares over to his sister. This is mostly due to my hatred of the story of the Black Knight Game, loved the game itself, but hated the story. I also didn't like that they didn't make any other game following the other end of the decision tree in Vengeance. /grumble/ Anyways basically this story actually becomes an AU version of the story of MW4: Merc where Ian and his team become a Freelance Merc Unit for some reason accepting contracts to defend helpless people caught in the middle of the FedCom Civil War. An interesting idea but trying to figure out a reason for Ian to go Merc instead of joining Victor's Forces. /shrug/ ...

The fact that he is a merc does not mean he could not be politically aligned like the Northwind Highlanders.  It is really more of a business arrangement than anything else, and the economics obviously work in-universe so you could just have a bit about how it makes more financial (or political, mercs are more deniable after all) sense to one or both sides to be a mercenary.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #145 on: 27 June 2013, 14:31:13 »
I put these in a different thread discussing twists to be Made now that the future of BT is open, but I think they could be tackled in FanFic fashion. As I have a lot on my plate, I don't know if/when I'll get around to any of them.

Trible 80   BatttleTech - Borderlands: Actually, with the rate that more and more people doing anything in the BT:U show signs of some form of mania or insanity, I foresee that at some point in the future of the BT:U, the last sane person will die of congestive heart failure, and every last person left in the Inner Sphere will be partly or wholly insane. Medical programs had long diagnosed this eventual outcome from extended hyperspace exposure and breeding, but the find was merely foot-noted and largely ignored. Someone did discover it, but after her mere comment of 'interesting', she started ranting lines from Shakespeare and continued plotting the destruction of her world.

Tribble 81   BattleTech - Under the Dome: It turns out that our portion of the galaxy is only about 2000 light years deep, and while there is a major push by the Explorer Corps to find the descendants of Kerensky, some expeditions take to the z-axis. They both discover a great barrier that stops all FTL travel to the farthest stars at the edge of the galactic arm. Commissioned to explore the barrier to its extent, the soon find that it is more like a large sphere. The true diameter of this bubble won't be fully realized until 3250, once data is finally compiled and some basic math applied, and other expeditions past clan space confirm it is complete.

Tribble 82    BattleTech - The Damned: First contact with aliens comes shortly near the end of the 32nd century. A small task force of mixed aliens comes across one of the periphery worlds, having taken a circuitous route to explore. They bring word of a giant galactic war between two ideals embodied in two mega-coalitions. It turns out that, as civilized species, they aren't that great at fighting, and were looking for a better race of fighters. (With an established series of star nations, I can see this going many different ways than did in A Call to Arms.) The other coalition, by pure accident, comes across the world of Ketatoa, after their disastrous set-backs by the new aggressive race, they see the small collection of similar peoples as a good starting point for an army of their own.

Tribble 83    BattleTech - Gateworlds: It turns out that Devlin did disappear from human occupied space. After assuming the control of Terra, extensive analysis of WoB research into a Belter-discovered phenomenon at the edge of the solar system prompted further investigation by Stone and his Republic. The phenomenon turned out to be a wormhole leading to an unidentified part of the galaxy, or another galaxy. Exact details aren't clear yet, even with computer assisted astroanalysis. One thing was certain, the next system had more of these tunnels. Further exploration finally revealed a race of sapient non-humans dominating all aspects of the 4th system in a chain leading to Earth. Years of covert surveilance gave the Republic leader an erronious confidence that led to a botched first contact. By the time he gets back to the Inner Sphere, and Earth, he contacts Levin and orders the Fortress - a technological defense against the wormholes and any unforeseen threats which might come through. The alien horde is blocked from Earth, and it is up to the Republic or its successor, to prepare for their coming.

Tribble 84    BattleTech - Atlantis: Atlantis is real, and it feels threatened by the blind expansion of the war-like stelar empires of their lost terran-born brethren. After eons of careful observation, the council of ten Kings finally holds a vote, and the pro-active prevention view takes the majority. They invade to protect their realms.

Tribble 85    The Auquarion:  (Oceana?) is a water world, one of few, where the largest land mass is nothing more than a really large island, but there are many, many smaller ones. Most land holds are raided at the outset of the monsoon and hurricane seasons by small but well-equipped forces which are believed to be dissident pirates. They come in with the rains and quickly disappear, usually unable to be tracked. Oft' times, mercanaries are hired by provincial lords to defend various holdings. One lord has been paying attention, however, and has noted that the raids are not about capturing people or material. He has also been spending a large portion of his wealth on a special submarine carrier and fleet of submersible combat vessels to take after the raiders the next time they strike. With a select mercenary force which specializes in submarine and aquatic warfare hired as advisors, as well as technical aid from other off-planet concerns, he believes he is ready to start ridding his world of what amounts to a nest of rats.

It turns out the raiders are part of something much bigger, leaving some of the specialists wondering just how big, and if it is isolated to just (Oceana?).

« Last Edit: 27 June 2013, 14:32:53 by Daemion »
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #146 on: 27 June 2013, 14:43:22 »
Many of you are probably familiar with my Creature Feature stories - each part of a larger narrative and gaming campaign.

Well, there were some interesting spin-off ideas that look fun, but I don't know that I'll ever get around to them. So, I post them here.

Tribble 86 - Furry Fury II: Like a Fox

The Creature Feature Marathon continues when a Sea Fox merchant catches wind of a lucrative hunting planet. He mounts an expedition to find it. Can the unsuspecting Clan Warriors win the day against a massive Chu assault?

Only on SyFy!

Tribble 87 & 88 - Petalled Fury II & III
The Creature Feature Marathon continues.

On a remote world in the priphery along the Lyran border, a small outpost has been established by Peter Steiner to ride out the fury of the Civil War. They can barely maintain themselves against pirates. But, one day, they face a threat that not even state aid can help.

The Evil Plant Kingdom returns in Petalled Fury II: New Encounter

And, in Petal Fury III: The Invasion, a Word of Blake scientific investigation team are guided to an inhabited world inside the Free Worlds League. Their goal is to find and subdue one of the alien minds. But, can anything prepare them for the horrors that await them in the wilds?

Only on SyFy!

The links take you to the postings of these ideas, which are attached to the initial encounters, if you want to see what inspired them.

Have fun.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #147 on: 09 August 2013, 21:23:10 »
Tribble 89

Iam Cameron's negotiations to create a Star League with the Great Houses fails, forcing the Hegemony to go to Plan B; to create a Union with the Periphery States.  While using his Intelligence Service to distract the major states, the secret negotiations with the minor states goes well and the new Star League is formed; though not as strong as Ian wants it. In a secret meeting on Terra, the leaders of the Star League come up with a way to unify Humanity: to elevate the minor states by wiping out the Great Houses. 
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #148 on: 10 August 2013, 22:24:32 »
Tribble 90

Victor Steiner-Davion is bored. For almost two thousand years he's been stuck in a time loop, starting shortly before he graduated as an officer in the AFFC, and lasting until his death, by whatever cause crops up this time. During his first loop he had the idea to fix all of his mistakes. That idea went out the window after his fourth loop. His skills in a Battlemech, polished through centuries of semi-constant combat, have become so great that entire Galaxies of Clan Warriors surrender to him within a few years of each loop's start. By now, he's gotten kind of stir-crazy, and will often do things simply for amusement's sake, like the time he somehow seduced Omi Kurita, Isis Marik, and Kali Liao at the same time. He's still not sure how that happened, save copious amounts of alcohol were involved...

But something's odd this loop. His father has taken him aside and mentioned that he's feeling a peculiar sense of deja vu. Victor's at a loss to explain this. He hasn't had time to do anything in this loop!

It's only later that Victor realizes the truth; his father, Hanse Davion, has started looping as well!  >:D

Battletech, welcome to the Time Loops.

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #149 on: 15 August 2013, 00:56:31 »
Tribble #91

Stefan Amaris... what a nice guy!

When the young Richard Cameron inherited, Stefan left his realm in the hands of his ministers to go to Terra to do his best to be a father to the orphaned Lord. Unfortunately Richard was already spoiled and Aleksandr Kerensky was more able to show Richard the power and might of the Star League than he was obligations that came with ruling. Stefan makes a last attempt to have Richard stop Kerensky's soldiers from committing atrocities in the periphery only to have Richard declare them to be his own orders. Driven to despair Stefan kills the tyrant and steels himself to die at the hands of the Black Watch... but the Rim Worlders in the Terran garrison rescue him.

So here we go with the Amaris Coup: not a carefully planned strike but something blundered into by a well-meaning idealist who is elected the new Director General and is left trying to protect his new realm and his distant home realm from a brutal general and a vast army.
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018