Author Topic: 2013-06-02 Redemption Rift, Parts 1-4 [Jason Schmetzer]  (Read 20788 times)

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Re: 2013-05-19 Redemption Rift, Parts 1-3 [Jason Schmetzer]
« Reply #30 on: 20 May 2013, 07:55:10 »
The black cats were mentioned as a regiment too (with only one line battalion, one training and one reserve), and it seems that they've got at least a regiment's worth of striker battalions too
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #31 on: 20 May 2013, 09:23:16 »
The black cats were mentioned as a regiment too (with only one line battalion, one training and one reserve), and it seems that they've got at least a regiment's worth of striker battalions too

You misread that. Alpha has three battalions, one of which is the Black Cats and the other two are training and reserve.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #32 on: 20 May 2013, 12:53:27 »
Ah right. 

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2013, 10:31:13 »
Wow Jason, didn't know this was released until you mentioned it in the email. Congrats! I've been waiting a loooooong time for this, I need to find time to re-read it and see how it's evolved. :)
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 02 June 2013, 04:43:08 »
Part IV is now up and available for your reading pleasure.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Re: 2013-06-02 Redemption Rift, Parts 1-4 [Jason Schmetzer]
« Reply #35 on: 02 June 2013, 17:43:38 »
And a damned fine read it was too. Looking forward to more Dark Age fiction of this calibre!

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 09 June 2013, 11:03:51 »
I have a technical question. I let my account expire for a bit and just renewed it but part four isn't showing up for me, is there a reason for this?
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 09 June 2013, 12:34:38 »
I have a technical question. I let my account expire for a bit and just renewed it but part four isn't showing up for me, is there a reason for this?
That's weird. The last three pieces of fiction (from top down) at this time are The Marshal Way I, The Nellus Academy Incident 4/I and Redemption Rift IV (followed by RR III and II, and The Gambit in Dream II). When was your account inactive?
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: 09 June 2013, 13:59:09 »
That's weird. The last three pieces of fiction (from top down) at this time are The Marshal Way I, The Nellus Academy Incident 4/I and Redemption Rift IV (followed by RR III and II, and The Gambit in Dream II). When was your account inactive?

just before part four came out, but everything since was in my account. I ended up just buying it from the battleshop, so it's all good.
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 24 June 2013, 00:58:10 »
Schmetzer does a great job with the Dragoons as always.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

AsburyGrad

• Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 20 January 2015, 09:41:46 »
I just discovered this information.  If I sign up for BattleCorp now, can I go back and read the Redemption Rift series?  Thanks for your reply.
ilClan Wolf - it's about damn time . . .

"Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics." - Worktroll

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #41 on: 20 January 2015, 11:45:06 »
If I sign up for BattleCorp now, can I go back and read the Redemption Rift series?
No. Think of BattleCorps like a magazine - you (only) get whatever gets published during your subscription period, plus unlimited access to the news archive and forums. And - but don't quote me on that - I think you get a certain amount of "current" fiction pieces upon subscription.

As a subscriber you can purchase "back issues", i.e. older BattleCorps publications, through the BattleShop. And just like for all other purchases you get a 5% subscriber discount (even though you need to be a subscriber to purchase back fiction in the first place).

If you're specifically interested in Redemption Rift then you're looking at the costs of a subscription (with 1 month costing the smallest amount of money, 6 months being the cheapest per month, and 3 months somewhere in the middle) plus the costs of purchasing the four individual parts via BattleShop.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins