Author Topic: Overrun Combat  (Read 1351 times)

DarkJaguar

• Master Sergeant
Overrun Combat
« on: 27 March 2018, 00:15:17 »
Do the effects of the Overrun Combat SCA (Pg. 46 AS:C) work exactly like Combat Intuition?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Overrun Combat
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2018, 07:38:10 »
Can you be more specific, that question is screaming "it's a trap!"
In both Overrun Combat and Combat Intuition, the effects of damage are applied before the regular sequence of move/combat.  So if a unit is destroyed in Overrun Combat and/or Combat Intuition's "first strike", that destroyed unit does not get to move/return fire in the regular move/combat sequence.
I'm just wondering if you have something more specific in mind you are asking about.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

DarkJaguar

• Master Sergeant
Re: Overrun Combat
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2018, 12:06:57 »
Can you be more specific, that question is screaming "it's a trap!"
In both Overrun Combat and Combat Intuition, the effects of damage are applied before the regular sequence of move/combat.  So if a unit is destroyed in Overrun Combat and/or Combat Intuition's "first strike", that destroyed unit does not get to move/return fire in the regular move/combat sequence.
I'm just wondering if you have something more specific in mind you are asking about.

Overrun combat doesn't mention the damage effect being applied immediately.  That's why I was asking.  Thanks!