Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 174147 times)

MarauderD

• Major
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Coming July 17!
« Reply #810 on: 17 July 2019, 14:00:10 »
BTW, at current back levels, it looks like CGL will need 1,300 Beginners Boxes to ship in March.  So if we double that number for the final tally.....

"John?  I think we need to find another factory...."

:) :D :D :D

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #811 on: 17 July 2019, 14:02:07 »
Whelp, I couldn't resist -- I went ahead and sprung for the promotion to Star Colonel. Can I at least call myself Force Commander (given my Marik sympathies) :) ?

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #812 on: 17 July 2019, 14:03:22 »
Whelp, I couldn't resist -- I went ahead and sprung for the promotion to Star Colonel. Can I at least call myself Force Commander (given my Marik sympathies) :) ?

Actually, yes. I believe you can choose IS ranks of the equivalent Clan rank or lower.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #813 on: 17 July 2019, 14:04:34 »
just broke 250K
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

.RL

• Master Sergeant
  • Freeborn Scum
« Reply #814 on: 17 July 2019, 14:05:24 »
I don't usually do kick-starter so I have a question on how things work. Can someone help me understand the "add-ons". Is this something that will selected at a later date? Or are add-ons triggered by your pledge level?

example:

$200,000 - Inner Sphere Battle Lance Unlocked!
Four more etc etc. This lance pack may be selected with your backer level Star/Lance Pack reward and will also be available as an add-on.

So, does this mean that if for example, I chose "Star Captain", I will get the Clan invasion box set + 2 star/lance packs of my choice (for sake of argument = inner sphere command lance and clan heavy striker pack). But then, I at some point (if the $200,000 is reached), I will be able to amend my order to add the Inner sphere battle lance at an additional cost?
A bit obsessed with the BattleTech universe since I saw the glorious TV show as a kid...

My humble offering of painted 'Mechs

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #815 on: 17 July 2019, 14:07:08 »
The goals through 300k are up.  Though I was wrong about guessing there'd be a third point of elementals in the core box in this group.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #816 on: 17 July 2019, 14:07:26 »

Good point, Leftenant Colonel sounds better than Star Colonel to me!

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #817 on: 17 July 2019, 14:07:38 »
I went in for $95. Most I could justify to myself to spend.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #818 on: 17 July 2019, 14:08:18 »
It is so nice to see the numbers rolling. And going up and up and up. Wow. And the 5 full Kerensky have been covered. Incredible!
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #819 on: 17 July 2019, 14:09:39 »
The goals through 300k are up.  Though I was wrong about guessing there'd be a third point of elementals in the core box in this group.

Inner Sphere Direct Fire lance at $300k looks amazing! New Crusader and Marauder II.  Squeeeeeeeee

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #820 on: 17 July 2019, 14:10:31 »
Over 225 characters to name… looks like we’ll be getting a phone book in novel format =p.

I do hope we end up with the reinforcing clans added to the dice options.

Gigastrike

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #821 on: 17 July 2019, 14:12:36 »
Please...no more...my account can't take it...

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #822 on: 17 July 2019, 14:12:57 »
Pledged Galaxy Commander. Don't think I'll be proximate to any of the strategy meetings. Bidding my money where my mech is. Told Y'all I'd go whole hog on a Kickstarter.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #823 on: 17 July 2019, 14:15:08 »
Over 225 characters to name… looks like we’ll be getting a phone book in novel format =p.

I do hope we end up with the reinforcing clans added to the dice options.
The only thing that I can imagine is having an full TO&E of the Clans of just before the Clan invasion. 
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #824 on: 17 July 2019, 14:15:46 »
Any answer on the novellas?  Print or ebook in August?

And I just noticed, the IS Lance as a reward gets a Salvage Box which works out nicely.  If I was able to convince my wife to go up to Star Colonel, would it be possible to select IS Retaliation for of one of the 5 double Lance/Star slots?

Numbers are also interesting . . . 8 merchants (might be good to give them a shout out at some point on Social Media), 488 Star Captains, 349 Bloodnamed, 185 Star Colonels, and the 41 lurking ComStar monitors.

Oh, next spring or early summer is looking AWESOME.  So far . . . 35 plastic mechs and 2 Elementals.

When does the money get taken?  I think I need to change the Birthday & Christmas list for the wife . . . maybe sell some plasma . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #825 on: 17 July 2019, 14:17:27 »
Any answer on the novellas?  Print or ebook in August?

And I just noticed, the IS Lance as a reward gets a Salvage Box which works out nicely.  If I was able to convince my wife to go up to Star Colonel, would it be possible to select IS Retaliation for of one of the 5 double Lance/Star slots?

Numbers are also interesting . . . 8 merchants (might be good to give them a shout out at some point on Social Media), 488 Star Captains, 349 Bloodnamed, 185 Star Colonels, and the 41 lurking ComStar monitors.

Oh, next spring or early summer is looking AWESOME.  So far . . . 35 plastic mechs and 2 Elementals.

When does the money get taken?  I think I need to change the Birthday & Christmas list for the wife . . . maybe sell some plasma . . .

Yup, I've got two kidneys, rumor is I only need one......

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #826 on: 17 July 2019, 14:17:37 »
Wow this thread blew up.  Went Star Colonel here.  Great job everyone! :D
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #827 on: 17 July 2019, 14:18:14 »
In for star commander, plan on going star col. Before all's said and done.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #828 on: 17 July 2019, 14:18:25 »

If I was able to convince my wife to go up to Star Colonel

Better man than I. I just went for it and will explain / plead forgiveness later. it's going to be $400+ with add-ons

Aug 17 when the campaign ends

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #829 on: 17 July 2019, 14:18:51 »
Inner Sphere Direct Fire lance at $300k looks amazing! New Crusader and Marauder II.  Squeeeeeeeee

Yay!!
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #830 on: 17 July 2019, 14:21:26 »

CDT Special Agent #343

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #831 on: 17 July 2019, 14:22:22 »
I don't usually do kick-starter so I have a question on how things work. Can someone help me understand the "add-ons". Is this something that will selected at a later date? Or are add-ons triggered by your pledge level?

example:

$200,000 - Inner Sphere Battle Lance Unlocked!
Four more etc etc. This lance pack may be selected with your backer level Star/Lance Pack reward and will also be available as an add-on.

So, does this mean that if for example, I chose "Star Captain", I will get the Clan invasion box set + 2 star/lance packs of my choice (for sake of argument = inner sphere command lance and clan heavy striker pack). But then, I at some point (if the $200,000 is reached), I will be able to amend my order to add the Inner sphere battle lance at an additional cost?

add-ons are not included in your core pledge. If you want one, you add the monies to the pledge manually  [edit - during the kickstarter, it's usually cheaper] and tell them what you want with said additional monies post-kickstarter.

some things in core pledge are also in the add-ons, so check what you pledged for; and some stretch goals add to core pledge.

CGL guys - where are the pics of the lance packs?
« Last Edit: 17 July 2019, 14:53:00 by Greatclub »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #832 on: 17 July 2019, 14:22:47 »
Another proud Star Colonel!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #833 on: 17 July 2019, 14:24:13 »
add-ons are not included in your core pledge. If you want one, you add the monies to the pledge manually and tell them what you want with said [b[additional[/b] monies post-kickstarter.

some things in core pledge are also in the add-ons, so check what you pledged for; and some stretch goals add to core pledge.

You can also pledge the money for the add-ons during the Kickstarter so they get counted towards stretch goals and the like by manually adjusting your pledge amount in the pledge manager. I'm in for Bloodnamed, but I also know I want the dice bag for sure.

PsylockeSmythe

• Corporal
« Reply #834 on: 17 July 2019, 14:25:13 »
Went with Star Colonel.  Might add some for an add on later on.

Psy

Wildonion

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm just a few onions short of a patch.
« Reply #835 on: 17 July 2019, 14:26:10 »
Now that we are up to four lance/star packs unlocked, will the campaign continue to be double the packs you selected for your tier or is it possible to get one of each of the boxes? I would jump to the $150 tier immediately if it meant that I could just get four distinct packs.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #836 on: 17 July 2019, 14:27:32 »
Better man than I. I just went for it and will explain / plead forgiveness later. it's going to be $400+ with add-ons

Aug 17 when the campaign ends

So for those more familiar . . . is that when they take the money and go make it?  So if I had another $100 to throw at it say . . . Sept or Oct, would I be able to buy in for more?  Wonder if I can get the FLGS to buy in so I can try to get some of the other IS lances later . . .

Yeah, what Azakael said . . . I am in for Bloodnamed plus some more to be able to get the add-ons I want and feed the stretch goals.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

.RL

• Master Sergeant
  • Freeborn Scum
« Reply #837 on: 17 July 2019, 14:27:35 »
add-ons are not included in your core pledge. If you want one, you add the monies to the pledge manually and tell them what you want with said [b[additional[/b] monies post-kickstarter.

CGL guys - where are the pics of the lance packs?

You can also pledge the money for the add-ons during the Kickstarter so they get counted towards stretch goals and the like by manually adjusting your pledge amount in the pledge manager. I'm in for Bloodnamed, but I also know I want the dice bag for sure.

Thank you both for the explanation

Now that we are up to four lance/star packs unlocked, will the campaign continue to be double the packs you selected for your tier or is it possible to get one of each of the boxes? I would jump to the $150 tier immediately if it meant that I could just get four distinct packs.

ditto
A bit obsessed with the BattleTech universe since I saw the glorious TV show as a kid...

My humble offering of painted 'Mechs

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #838 on: 17 July 2019, 14:33:52 »
Sadly I can't really justify Star Colonel, as much as I want to. I'm off to the US in Nov/Oct (Blizzcon) and 300 would be a nice bit of spending money in the US. I settled with being Bloodnamed :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #839 on: 17 July 2019, 14:36:19 »
Star Commander (#1353?) here ... Can justify $50 on myself for an early (but arriving late) birthday present.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."