Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 174054 times)

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Coming July 17!
« Reply #900 on: 17 July 2019, 15:47:26 »
I think at this point the only (super, duper mild) disappointment for me is that we don't seem to be getting anymore Elemental Points in the main box as stretch goals!  I was hoping it might just manage 5 full points for a full Star of them...  But again, minor!  2 points is still darned good for shaking things up!  And I'll be getting the extra box of Elementals anyways!

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #901 on: 17 July 2019, 15:49:15 »
I wonder if there will be Inner Sphere BA?

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #902 on: 17 July 2019, 15:49:53 »
I don't see them changing the doubling, because of the scenario you suggest - it'll cut into the add-on revenue because people will use their doubled Packs to try to cover one of everything unlocked.
Changing or swapping was one of, and only one of, the manifest problems with the DUST: Tactics campaign I backed years ago.  Please stay the course, please.

Good luck and thanks for doing good with the brand.

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #903 on: 17 July 2019, 15:50:42 »
Well we seem off to a good start.

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #904 on: 17 July 2019, 15:52:00 »
There's something major missing from this Kickstarter (unless I missed it):
I can buy as many Star and Lance packs as I want, but the only way to get duplicates of the 5 Mechs in the Clan box set is to make a second pledge. You can't buy the 5 Mechs in the original star as an extra add-on, and you can't add-on a second box set either.

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #905 on: 17 July 2019, 15:53:57 »
The $340k stretch goal "Founding of the Clans (I)" should be for the first digital novel, right?  (It says "second" right now.)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #906 on: 17 July 2019, 15:56:59 »
seems that way. the second one also says "second" so I assume it was a c/p error

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #907 on: 17 July 2019, 16:01:24 »
seems that way. the second one also says "second" so I assume it was a c/p error

Or a "You guys are throwing money at the screen so fast I missed it in editing while trying to keep up!  What do you mean they are already over 300k!?"  *Cries into coffee*

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #908 on: 17 July 2019, 16:02:26 »
Is it OK if I speculate here about possible future stretch goals (read wishes)?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #909 on: 17 July 2019, 16:05:21 »
Or a "You guys are throwing money at the screen so fast I missed it in editing while trying to keep up!  What do you mean they are already over 300k!?"  *Cries into coffee*

This.

There's something major missing from this Kickstarter (unless I missed it):
I can buy as many Star and Lance packs as I want, but the only way to get duplicates of the 5 Mechs in the Clan box set is to make a second pledge. You can't buy the 5 Mechs in the original star as an extra add-on, and you can't add-on a second box set either.

This has come up a few times. Passing it up the chain. My sense (and only my sense) is that there's hesitancy to make the five Omnis in the Clan box a separate thing, because it creates another, very similar SKU and the potential for fulfillment errors.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #910 on: 17 July 2019, 16:05:28 »
$312,000 pledged. :o  I didn't realized we had so many hardcore fans.

It's at 1800 backers so far. This message board has 8176 members. I'm surprised it's only at 1800.

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #911 on: 17 July 2019, 16:09:12 »
It's at 1800 backers so far. This message board has 8176 members. I'm surprised it's only at 1800.

It only just passed 5 pm in Eastern time, 3/4ths of the US TZs aren't even off work yet! 

Not everyone can check sites like that from work.  Even on their phone.

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #912 on: 17 July 2019, 16:09:53 »
This has come up a few times. Passing it up the chain. My sense (and only my sense) is that there's hesitancy to make the five Omnis in the Clan box a separate thing, because it creates another, very similar SKU and the potential for fulfillment errors.
How about allowing for additional copies of the Clan Invasion boxed set as add-ons?  (The entire boxed set, not just the minis.)

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #913 on: 17 July 2019, 16:11:04 »
It only just passed 5 pm in Eastern time, 3/4ths of the US TZs aren't even off work yet! 

Not everyone can check sites like that from work.  Even on their phone.

That's my hope for the really specific day one timing. A big initial burst, followed by sustained gains as the 5 p.m. and evening hours roll across the U.S. -- and the other side of the world wakes up.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #914 on: 17 July 2019, 16:11:21 »
How about allowing for additional copies of the Clan Invasion boxed set as add-ons?  (The entire boxed set, not just the minis.)

That's what I'm passing up the line.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #915 on: 17 July 2019, 16:13:11 »
What happens if we exceed $400,000?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #916 on: 17 July 2019, 16:13:53 »
In the box contents preview the possibility of additional boxes as rewards at +$50/ea was mentioned.  I bet this is a minor omission that'll get fixed.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #917 on: 17 July 2019, 16:14:05 »

Yes, please, this very much. I am after multiple Timber Wolves. I am very confused by the way this all works, but I hope very much to get multiple instances of the core clan mechs so that I can field multiple Timbers and Adders.

Failing that, I hope someone wants to trade...
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #918 on: 17 July 2019, 16:14:13 »

You've already created a separate SKU by allowing us to buy the 10 IS Mechs in the Base box and Beginner box without the boxes, so why would this be an issue?
People will end up drowning in Ice Ferrets and Warhawks and the like but literally unable to buy extra Timber Wolves.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #919 on: 17 July 2019, 16:14:43 »
Well, someone stretched a bit to put the Hellion in the Clan Invasion era- I thought the mini was fine previously, but one nice thing with the plastic is they all seem to be scaling together quite well.

Maybe a Binary Add-on like the Retaliation, use the box star plus one that is decided on by the Galaxy Commander & more decision group (with a live announcement of that 2nd star at GenCon)- or just call it a Nova, box star and elementals at Retaliation cost?  Btw, can the 5 box mechs be in the mystery Salvage Box?

Cubby, thanks for taking the time to respond . . . how are we on the Social Media Goals to spread the word?

I see a great epidemic of grown men doing the pee-pee dance for more than a year waiting for their boxes to arrive.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #920 on: 17 July 2019, 16:15:43 »
I'm kind of stunned by these backer levels:

6 Full Kerenskys at $5k per pop.
19 Khans at $1k per pop.
87 Galaxy Commanders at $600 per pop.

That is $101k right there!

I had no idea we had such....well funded.....fans in our midst!!!!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #921 on: 17 July 2019, 16:16:53 »
What happens if we exceed $400,000?
more stretch goals. it seems every 100k moves us four mechs closer to completely revamping the 3025/3039 gang

I'm kind of stunned by these backer levels:

6 Full Kerenskys at $5k per pop.
19 Khans at $1k per pop.
87 Galaxy Commanders at $600 per pop.

That is $101k right there!

I had no idea we had such....well funded.....fans in our midst!!!!

there are times when carrying a credit card balance for a few months are worth it  ;D

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #922 on: 17 July 2019, 16:18:33 »
As a Star Colonel thinking about an upgrade to Galaxy Commander, I can say that I have been waiting for this Kickstarter for half a decade at least. I don't like IWM metal miniatures. I have a set of the original plastics from back when I was a kid, and I'm loving the new Alpha Strike. I can get TONS of Mechs on the table and have a giant engagement. Given that I'm time-poor but cash-rich these days, I want to make sure I get in on the action and support as much as I can. Battletech has given me so much joy over the years.

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #923 on: 17 July 2019, 16:20:40 »
I might be bumping mine up to Galaxy Commander. At this point, I'm starting to think I can live off Ramen, water, and any other cheap food for a while :). Eh, I need to lose weight anyway.
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #924 on: 17 July 2019, 16:22:15 »
kickstarter noob question, but how does one even get add ons?

'cause I'm feelin' like snagging a third lance pack.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #925 on: 17 July 2019, 16:24:46 »
Hey, just throwin it out there. I'll sign an NDA and bump my support tier up to Khan level, if I can get told officially who the ilClan is going to be finally. easiest $400 you'll ever make.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #926 on: 17 July 2019, 16:25:32 »
kickstarter noob question, but how does one even get add ons?

'cause I'm feelin' like snagging a third lance pack.

Figure out which add-ons you want to buy. Then make a pledge for your base level plus the cost of add-ons. So if you want $50 worth of add-ons on top of a $300 pledge, pledge $350.
You will have the opportunity to select which add-ons you want (and add more money if you want) in the Pledge Manager after the campaign finishes, but money spent post-campaign doesn't contribute to Stretch goals.

RomulusDC

• Corporal
« Reply #927 on: 17 July 2019, 16:26:03 »
I’m at the star colonel now, but if I buy another $300 worth of add one, would that get me to the next pledge level, or are the totally separate?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #928 on: 17 July 2019, 16:28:31 »
My understanding is it does not get you the next pledge level, but it will count for the stretch goals.  For example, I have a plan right now that has me at Bloodnamed, and I already threw in more money (twice) to get star/lance boxes I wanted as they were revealed.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #929 on: 17 July 2019, 16:30:13 »
I’m at the star colonel now, but if I buy another $300 worth of add one, would that get me to the next pledge level, or are the totally separate?

Separate. You have to pledge to be a Galaxy Commander to receive that level's rewards. Just throwing in money at your pledge level will not bump you up. As Colt Ward also said, it does count towards the stretch goals.
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

Register