Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 171140 times)

General308

• Captain
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Coming July 17!
« Reply #1050 on: 17 July 2019, 23:21:13 »
Is there a way to order multiples of a level?

Frank

• Master Sergeant
  • The True Holders Of Kerensky's Legecy
« Reply #1051 on: 17 July 2019, 23:21:21 »
This Is one interesting promotion. Very hard to decide on to what level I would like to pay for. Lots of very interesting things to go with it. High end too much for me Low end way too low. Somewhere in between, but where for me. Need to give some thought.
 Clan Invasion Box set. What a way to enjoy yourselfs.

Decisions? Decisions? to make. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1052 on: 17 July 2019, 23:31:06 »
This Is one interesting promotion. Very hard to decide on to what level I would like to pay for. Lots of very interesting things to go with it. High end too much for me Low end way too low. Somewhere in between, but where for me. Need to give some thought.
 Clan Invasion Box set. What a way to enjoy yourselfs.

Decisions? Decisions? to make. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So many add ons it is pure overload

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1053 on: 17 July 2019, 23:34:55 »
I took the 30 dollar option, paying 40 us dollars. I hope i can get the inner sphere lance pack with that salvage box.

The inner sphere lance pack add-on is 20$ though, you'll be 10$ short. 

Yeah, the salvage pack is a single blind-boxed Clan Omnimech mini, not a chance for a full lance or star pack.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #1054 on: 17 July 2019, 23:39:50 »
Haven't backed yet. Still doing maths.

Expansion box plus 10 packs, that's a lot of things. 30/30 mechs. Looking over, it looks like I'd get doubles for about 6 packs, so I probably should pick a level that serves what I want and then add on the rest. Should also leave some out so that I can support my FLGS in the future.

To be honest, this is the kind of Kickstarter that triggers warning signs. Beyond a certain point, Kickstarters that grew too big tends to run into fulfilment problems. It's not just a skillset problem, it's just physical -- half a mil of plastic Mechs is still half a mil of plastic Mechs to sort, package and correctly deliver.

I'm sure CGL is aware and is lining up the relevant, I just want to set expectations -- earliest delivery is March 2020, for base box + two of the packs. Given how many things are here, I'm thinking.. end 2020? for total fulfilment. Nothing wrong with that, is just that backers should be aware and set expectations accordingly.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1055 on: 17 July 2019, 23:46:51 »
March 2020 is the listed expected delivery date for the Box set and the first two packs.  The KS page includes under shipping that each pack after the first two (so, we're up to 8 once this clears $500k) adds another month to the stretch goal delivery date.  At present, that's November 2020.  Sounds to me like CGL is aware of the work involved. :)
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1056 on: 18 July 2019, 00:01:30 »
Cubby, I have a pretty serious question to add to your list when you're up and about in the morning. Addresses. If there will be wave splits for product delivery, how will CGL handle people needing to change addresses in the interim? Some baker systems and campaigns lock addresses at a fixed time before delivery. With wave delivery, that's not tenable if the interval is long enough. Some people simply have to move frequently.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1057 on: 18 July 2019, 00:06:12 »
The new Crusader looks like. No ugly popeye look there, just a buffed pixie ready for action :thumbsup:

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #1058 on: 18 July 2019, 00:11:41 »
The new Crusader looks like. No ugly popeye look there, just a buffed pixie ready for action :thumbsup:
My god, the Crusader.  THAT is the best thing out of this entire kickstarter.  And minis for it!  PXH has had enough of your ****.

$486,640 as of just after midnight central time.  Figure it'll hit 600?

Also, some very good points made in regards to stretch goals; that's a LOT to bring together - though it certainly looks like a lot of it isn't too difficult outside of all the miniatures.

I too would like to know what kinds of restrictions there will be on canonized characters, because you know SOMEONE is going to put a Canopian catgirl mechwarrior in.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #1059 on: 18 July 2019, 00:17:05 »
I too would like to know what kinds of restrictions there will be on canonized characters, because you know SOMEONE is going to put a Canopian catgirl mechwarrior in.

As I understand it, you just pick the name, the details are all up to catalyst.

(Though I would point out that there are rules for making a Canopean Catgirl.  :P)
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1060 on: 18 July 2019, 00:17:49 »
because you know SOMEONE is going to put a Canopian catgirl mechwarrior in.

I so hope we get a character from the periphery that says this while drunk in a bar on Outreach.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #1061 on: 18 July 2019, 00:19:54 »

Get a buddy you TRUST who has an account. Only way I know of.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1062 on: 18 July 2019, 00:53:47 »

If that is the WIP of the Classic Crusader, WOW!!!!!
That is got to be the best redesign of any of the Macross-inspired Classics yet! The LRM-15s moved to the Arm bundles. The Classic PHK-style jet units. Just wow...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1063 on: 18 July 2019, 00:55:45 »
I wonder how many new stretch goals will be unlocked before Cubby wakes up.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1064 on: 18 July 2019, 01:05:21 »
Catalyst confirmed in the commends that Beginner Box will be avail in the pledge manager at the end.

Fantastic. :)

BYE

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1065 on: 18 July 2019, 01:08:26 »
A hair shy of 500k now, roughly 900 to go.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1066 on: 18 July 2019, 01:13:15 »
So part of the reason I was disappointed at the lack of a painting guide is that the latest one was in SO, which is currently out of print.

Speaking of which, bit disappointed not to hardcopy rule books not among the available expansions.

As I don't have a copy of either of the previous boxsets, should I go for the Game of Armored Combat add-on, or as I already have the rules in PDF go just grab the mini set?

No sign of a metal beemer is rather strange.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #1067 on: 18 July 2019, 01:20:39 »
Wow -- half a million and it's not even been 24 hours!  :thumbsup:

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1068 on: 18 July 2019, 01:25:45 »

Multiples of a level? Not that I know of. However, through add-ons, you can add more miniatures packs as you need.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1069 on: 18 July 2019, 01:30:16 »
some good stuff in Stretch Goals VI

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1070 on: 18 July 2019, 01:31:03 »
And I have to wait until Friday when I get paid to bankrupt myself again... I just hope they leave it up for a couple days rather than say ‘.... yeah this too much we’re gonna stop now’

But Holy Hell Batman! Half a Million in a day...

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1071 on: 18 July 2019, 01:32:00 »

*Clan Invasion Kickstarter Storms Past $500K in Less Than a Day*

The BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter just broke the half-million dollar mark of funding in its first 12 hours live, blowing away all our expectations thanks to an incredible show of support by you for the game you love.

The Clan Invasion boxed set was fully funded at $30,000 in just seven minutes, unlocking a new novella from Blaine Lee Pardoe that will be delivered to all backers very soon. Since then, hundreds of thousands of dollars in stretch goals have fallen one by one, and the total amount of funding is still climbing.

"I've been working on BattleTech for over twenty years, and playing it for over thirty," said Randall N. Bills, Managing Developer for Catalyst Game Labs. "I'm not sure I've ever seen such enthusiasm and excitement for the game and universe we all love. The targets are being knocked down quicker than we can put them up...simply brilliant." 

Throughout the day, we've shared in your excitement for the Clans' invasion of Kickstarter and delighted in your reaction to each new set of Stretch Goals, with plenty more to come. In addition, the two social media missions are nearly complete, so be sure to share the Facebook post and retweet the Twitter post from earlier today.

From the entire Catalyst Game Labs and BattleTech team, thank you for keeping faith with the Unity, and thank you for this amazing day."

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1072 on: 18 July 2019, 01:33:17 »
And I have to wait until Friday when I get paid to bankrupt myself again... I just hope they leave it up for a couple days rather than say ‘.... yeah this too much we’re gonna stop now’

But Holy Hell Batman! Half a Million in a day...

Your card isn't charged until the end of the Kickstarter. Also, as far as I know, you can't end a Kickstarter early so we're here for the duration.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1073 on: 18 July 2019, 02:02:06 »
Your card isn't charged until the end of the Kickstarter. Also, as far as I know, you can't end a Kickstarter early so we're here for the duration.
Yep, so put that money aside or something and have it back in your bank by the 17th of next month :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #1074 on: 18 July 2019, 02:05:39 »
I wonder if they can get Jeff Laubenstein back for some of the art. I would give my other pinky for him to do my character art.

With 131 GC level bids alone right now, I think they might be regretting that particular reward right now.

That is a lot of art to be done, a lot of names to be mentioned. Its doable though.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2019, 02:11:36 by Talen5000 »
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1075 on: 18 July 2019, 02:08:14 »
So, I just checked the site and saw the level was at 450K, and was wondering if people in the comments were jumping the gun to talk about 500k, or did a bunch of backers lower their pledge levels - and then I saw Kickstarter was auto-correcting to euro, and the dollar level is 508K!

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1076 on: 18 July 2019, 02:08:57 »
So, a couple of things I forgot before: First of all KickStarter is a bit of a dick if you aren't in the US, stretch goals and the funding goal are always listed in USD, but as I'm in Aus for some reason the running total is listed in AUD.

Secondly what do the pilot cards do?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1077 on: 18 July 2019, 02:10:08 »
With 131 GC level bids alone right now, I think they might be regretting that particular reward tight now.

That or the artists they work with can hear that good 'ol cash register sound. But yeeeeeeah thats a LOT of work for who ever's gonna be doing it.

But, saying that, they've got at least a year if not more and depending on the Mechwarrior art they go for it could just be a head/shoulders shot in black and white and those probably don't take THAT long to do. It depends on how they wanna do it, will you get random Clanner or will it be a case of you get to give details and the like. If its random Joe then it simplifies things greatly.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2019, 02:16:47 by marauder648 »
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1078 on: 18 July 2019, 02:19:59 »
Secondly what do the pilot cards do?

They give you piloting and gunnery skills and special pilot abilities for a mechwarrior, as well as a bit of fluff about them, the faction they're part of and what mech they pilot.  There's a bunch of them in the Beginner and Game of Armoured Combat boxes, and from the previews on the KS page the ones here will be the same format.

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1079 on: 18 July 2019, 02:47:14 »
So, a couple of things I forgot before: First of all KickStarter is a bit of a dick if you aren't in the US, stretch goals and the funding goal are always listed in USD, but as I'm in Aus for some reason the running total is listed in AUD.

Hover your mouse pointer over the two-arrow circle with a dollar sign in it, immediately to the right of the AUD total, and it will show you what the total is in USD...

Register