Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 173321 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Coming July 17!
« Reply #1140 on: 18 July 2019, 09:43:37 »
This is actually an important point. If you are gaming at a store, and they are willing to stock these products, it may be better in the long run to get some of the stuff from the store instead. In my case, there are stuff that I want doubles (or more) of, and those packs I'm likely to use this KS to get. But others, which I might be able to contain my enthusiasm for, I probably will wait for my LGS to stock/ order in for me, so that I can help sustain a locale to game in.

Yup, folks in my area are telling our FLGS about this and asking if they are getting involved- I want to know so I can plot my add-ons and see about pre-ordering through the FLGS so they know the plastics will sell if they go in.  I still think CGL should let the fans know what stores took the Merchant option so we can appreciate them, I have stopped in at several stores that supported BT during my travels.

I love how much is out there, and I think its going to be set to nicely stock the shelves with the basic era stuff for a while- especially if its set like the Beginners & GoAC to be  self-sustaining.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Ursus Maior

• Warrant Officer
  • Just here for a little mayhem.
« Reply #1141 on: 18 July 2019, 09:56:07 »
Holy cow! I promised myself not to write here, because that would ultimately lead to one more time sink. But since I've been reading here for years and daily so for months, that train has rolled anyway.

This is the most exciting KS I've backed so far. What a ride!  :D

Just entered Blood Named for a total of 500 USD. Not sure where this will end for me. My personal tally puts me at 640 to get alle the boxes, Strana Mechty, the MapPack, one Fortress, several dice, one star of Elementals and the dice bag. And we're still within the first 24 hours.
liber et infractus

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1142 on: 18 July 2019, 10:14:34 »

Still...if the neoprene maps, faction dice, faction kits, museum scale models, dropship and star/lance packs and map sets will be available later, that will be a relief.

The Fortress DropShip is currently for sale on IWM for $64.95, so if nothing else it's available wholly independent of the Kickstarter.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

RomulusDC

• Corporal
« Reply #1143 on: 18 July 2019, 10:24:39 »
I just got the green light for Khan. We shall see.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #1144 on: 18 July 2019, 10:26:38 »
The Fortress DropShip is currently for sale on IWM for $64.95, so if nothing else it's available wholly independent of the Kickstarter.

But is this the SAME dropship or a newer redesign?
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #1145 on: 18 July 2019, 10:28:39 »
I'm looking forward for the 525,000$ goal being unlocked. We may get an official construction program application out of this.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drool:

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1146 on: 18 July 2019, 10:29:36 »
Its already at 575k so we have that one lol

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1147 on: 18 July 2019, 10:30:19 »
we are lunatics

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

kinwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1148 on: 18 July 2019, 10:30:43 »
I'm looking forward for the 525,000$ goal being unlocked. We may get an official construction program application out of this.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drool:

Actually, we get a proof of concept, but it might lead nowhere too.  Still cool since nothing seems to came out of the public call to start one.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1149 on: 18 July 2019, 10:31:30 »
the proof of concept is for a digital record sheets program

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1150 on: 18 July 2019, 10:35:56 »
Yeah, sounds like its more of a open beta . . .

and the Legends book is in
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #1151 on: 18 July 2019, 10:36:36 »
I thought I had my addons all figured out, but then catalyst added a lance pack with a longbow in it. I am compelled to have all the classics. 
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1152 on: 18 July 2019, 10:40:10 »
But is this the SAME dropship or a newer redesign?

I would be shocked if it was a redesign.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1153 on: 18 July 2019, 10:43:54 »
I thought I had my addons all figured out, but then catalyst added a lance pack with a longbow in it. I am compelled to have all the classics.

5 remain short of plasticized glory

Ost trio, goliath, scorpion

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1154 on: 18 July 2019, 10:46:30 »
Are we going to go over 600k in 24 hours?

Really feeling I am going to have to ask for forgiveness . . . and figure out some odd jobs.
Colt Ward

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1155 on: 18 July 2019, 10:47:04 »
Man, people still forget about the metal Ostscout that was released?   ;D. Guess that's a hallmark of a good scout!

5 remain short of plasticized glory

Ost trio, goliath, scorpion

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1156 on: 18 July 2019, 10:48:08 »
Man people still forget about the metal Ostscout that was released?   ;D

"Plasticized glory"  ;)
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1157 on: 18 July 2019, 10:48:46 »
not possible because every time it's mentioned it's not available in plastic at least one person reminds us

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1158 on: 18 July 2019, 10:52:11 »
I think the point is,  the art is already there for the Ostscout.   Many people forget it's already been redesigned.  Not much among this group I'd imagine however.

not possible because every time it's mentioned it's not available in plastic at least one person reminds us

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1159 on: 18 July 2019, 11:14:39 »
You know a interesting point . . . the old Burrock fans can get merch!  Trying to remember who besides . . . Hawk? was a Burrock fan.  Now I might have to add a pair of Burrock dice.

Or am I off?  We get the 7 Invaders, but it only goes up to Homeworld Alert IV which has 2 selected Homeworld Clans (total of 8) . . . and then it opens all 5 IS Houses.  Are we really going to end up with 15 of 17 Invasion era Clans?
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1160 on: 18 July 2019, 11:16:33 »
there will almost certainly be one more stretch goal to round out all 17

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1161 on: 18 July 2019, 11:22:35 »
I would be shocked if it was a redesign.

The current IWM Fortress Dropship is apparently something of a mess. It doesn't look great on the IWM page, I've heard in person from someone who owns one that it's really quite bad.
Also, it doesn't match the aesthetic of the new Mech designs at all.
I backed Galaxy Commander (for the canon character art) but I'm not impressed with the Dropship at all.

I'm also looking for the answer to the question: Will Catalyst accept reference art for the canon character? How will canon characters with art actually be created?

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1162 on: 18 July 2019, 11:23:09 »
My only question right now is whether or not we'll hit $600,000 in the first 24 hours.

I lied.

Second question:  How many orders of magnitude greater has the turnout been than Cubby and others at CGL expected?   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dexion

• Recruit
« Reply #1163 on: 18 July 2019, 11:24:36 »
So, being mostly interested in the IS resculpts (I already have the two current sets), I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the 5 lance packs without totally breaking the bank... I really wish that there was a Company Commander tier after Star Captain.  Basically an $80 tier that lets you pick 4 Lance box's or something like that and qualifies for extras.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1164 on: 18 July 2019, 11:28:17 »
So, being mostly interested in the IS resculpts (I already have the two current sets), I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the 5 lance packs without totally breaking the bank... I really wish that there was a Company Commander tier after Star Captain.  Basically an $80 tier that lets you pick 4 Lance box's or something like that and qualifies for extras.

Same here.  It isn't for everyone, but at Star Colonel you get 5 lance packs and 5 duplicates.  So if you go fully IS, which I might, you are looking at 10 lances plus the salvage boxes, plus the extra lance I think they are throwing in a a stretch goal.  Plus everything else.

Might not be the amount you want to spend, but as Sartris noted, credit cards can carry balances.   :drool:

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1165 on: 18 July 2019, 11:32:54 »
right now you're looking at $120 for all six announced lances. you'd probably be best off buying two of each a la carte if that's what you're really interested in. A $600 currently gets you 9x2 but if you don't care about the clan box, the Strana Mechty battlemat, a canon character, or the fiction, you're probably better off just buying it outright.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #1166 on: 18 July 2019, 11:37:50 »
At this point I think the only stretch goal that would get me excited is if they do one to make all of the BattleCorps stories available again.

(Though I am super stoked we'll finally be getting the complete Founding of the Clans trilogy.)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #1167 on: 18 July 2019, 11:41:05 »

Well...that's embarrassing. How many times have I looked at that site and never noticed it?

"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1168 on: 18 July 2019, 11:42:53 »
Still curious how they're going to handle adding in 650+ new characters from people that backed star colonel and above. This reward was my primary reason for backing at galaxy commander so I want to make sure it's worth it.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1169 on: 18 July 2019, 11:44:29 »
without the character art tier, i think you'll end up as either a filler character in a story or a name on a roster. it's probably going to take years for the ~200 of those they're on the hook for before the $200 add-on