Author Topic: Cannot browse forum if logged out  (Read 1668 times)

caioaf

• Sergeant
Cannot browse forum if logged out
« on: 06 July 2016, 21:08:08 »
I got an error after opening the General Discussion forum, saying only registered users had access to that session. Is this a bug or new rule policy?

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: Cannot browse forum if logged out
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2016, 23:23:11 »
Yep, same on my phone.

I do not think this is some new rule, most likely a bug. Hope its fixed soon, kinda hard to wake up and not be able to skim the forums in the morning.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2016, 05:06:54 »
Caioaf,

There's no policy requiring anyone to sign in to view the forums. In fact, we have 56 guests doing that right now. There has never been any restriction on people not signed in viewing the general forums. Posting - yes, you need to sign in. But viewing - nup.

Odds are it was popbably a transient glitch - there's no forum maintenance scheduled that I'm aware of, but these things can happen.

Titania42, we're welcoming enough to respect your wishes. Are you reporting the same issue Caioaf had? Caioaf, are you still having that problem? If so, can you try clearing your cache?

Worktroll, Ombidsman
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

caioaf

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 07 July 2016, 06:28:43 »
I am not having the issue anymore. Didn't need to clear the cache, it simply started working again

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #4 on: 07 July 2016, 08:19:25 »
Let us know if the issue pops up again (anyone!), I'll pop off and look around as a guest off and on today as well to make sure it doesn't happen as well.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Register