Author Topic: Playing MekHQ AtB  (Read 2797 times)

Th3Greed

• Recruit
Playing MekHQ AtB
« on: 03 May 2018, 06:27:22 »
Just wondering about what most of you do when you complete a contract
Do you pay to jump back to the hiring hall planet you came from or do you take a contract from where you finished the last one?
wondering because jumping back seems to cost alot but taking another contract from where you just completed one dont seem to make sense to me when you're most likely on a enemy planet

Kentares

• Warrant Officer
Re: Playing MekHQ AtB
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2018, 10:09:41 »
No need to jump back. Just get a new contract where you are unless you want/need to spend some time (to repair mechs for example) while travelling.
Star Wars ST and Star Trek current shows are crap.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2018, 10:16:33 »
The one thing I would suggest is that if the contract that you just completed is somewhere deep in the borders of a country, you get a penalty for rolling on the next contract, so you may consider jumping to the nearest border, national capital or hiring hall to improve your odds of scaring up more work.

But definitely take the time to fix all your mechs and stock up on supplies first!

Ironboot

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2018, 13:27:17 »
I might spend a few months on the planet repairing mechs and recruiting.  If nothing comes up I will start heading to a hall.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2018, 19:13:52 »
 You could always just GM generate a contract. Simulate having an admin stationed at the hiring hall always on the prowl for a contract when your current contract is getting close to ending.

That is what I will do sometimes when I am in the boonies on a contract.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2018, 19:55:00 »
Yeah that is one of the missing features of HQ that Ralgith talked about adding. Maybe next dev cycle I will tackle it and some other PC nightmares  >:D

Th3Greed

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2018, 05:23:57 »
Thanks for the reply's  :thumbsup:

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2018, 06:54:07 »
Depends on the contract type: If it was a Raid I jump back to "friendly" territory for R&R, Garrison, Cadre Duties, Defend type contracts I stay on the planet for a while, find a new contract, look for personal and gear and burn some money on Dropship search.
I do think there is a bonus on the number of contracts offers if your are on a capital planet or mercenary world like Outreach or Galatea.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Sharkapult

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2018, 14:47:26 »
Depends on the contract type: If it was a Raid I jump back to "friendly" territory for R&R, Garrison, Cadre Duties, Defend type contracts I stay on the planet for a while, find a new contract, look for personal and gear and burn some money on Dropship search.
I do think there is a bonus on the number of contracts offers if your are on a capital planet or mercenary world like Outreach or Galatea.
I agree, I also roleplay a bit w my unit. A Capellan born unit wouldn't spend any extra time on a Fedsuns world. No mercs would stay in Kuritan space unless that was "home." Lyrans probably would have being in periphery. Mariks probably DON'T want to linger in League space.
I imagine the hiring halls are more comfortable environs for mercenaries at any rate. Most guns for hire would want to spend their time and money where the action is, not some borderworld farming planet. Plus easier access to more and better supplies, and less attention to that farmfield you burned up to cover your retreat, or building you collapsed to trap enemy mech salvage.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 23 June 2018, 15:25:47 »
Has somene considered playing with fatigue rules?
I tried it, but I almost mismanaged my bookkeeping every time so that I took a heavy hit when making defection rolls.
If there was a feature in MHQ which tells your your current fatigue status and how long you need to rest to expire fatigue, I would give it a shot again.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"