Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 172357 times)

Bleusman

• Private
  • Here Prince Hanse, have a cheeseburger.
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #450 on: 08 April 2019, 10:52:03 »
Oh, there are no end of people on planet they could be after...

Naw, probably after you sweetheart.
Urbanmech, the myth, the legend, the Urbie!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #451 on: 08 April 2019, 14:38:49 »
NPO members move in on the different groups of protesters out at Camp Kaki and inform them they cannot stay in this location as it is unsafe due to the avalanches. The can move their location to Ceallach as this is the nearest town. The must move within 24 hours or they will be charged with trespassing in a danger zone.
Is there any reason that the protesters were removed, other than the official reason?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #452 on: 08 April 2019, 14:40:02 »
Later that night at the officers meeting in the Arkab compound

"At this point ladies and gentlemen we can assume, save it, there are no friendlies here on porkchop.  After dark start moving everything to our prearranged cache points for later use or retrieval. Also make sure that everyone knows their responsibilities if the word is given. Make sure the grunts are locked, cocked, and ready to rock.  "
What is "porkchop"?

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #453 on: 08 April 2019, 20:27:44 »
"porkchop" is how I refer to  the continent of Tarawa, and for future reference Tarawa city is "porkchop city". Why "Porkchop"? do a google search for world war II Tarawa, learn something new everyday to keep Wobbie away.

later during that same officer meeting in the Arkab compound:

Hounddog while you are out on your normal patrol do comm checks with HQ and Planet 6( the Governor). The RTO is telling me comms are acting "wonky". While you are at it  submit this part request. My tech had a crazy idea he wants to try out on my ride.
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #454 on: 09 April 2019, 10:16:46 »
Naw, probably after you sweetheart.

Well, yeah, but I wasn't telling them that...

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #455 on: 10 April 2019, 11:16:38 »
“Firebird to Hounddog have care package inbound your poz.” Jack looks at the screen. “It should be on site by daybreak. If your comms stay this spotty we will have to work out a way to fix them”
As the day starts two heavy lift VTOLs enter the Harid base. The Two heavy cargo pods are dropped on pads then the two VTOLs land on the landing pad. The pilot of one of the craft walks you to the duty officer. “With compliments of Firebird.”

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #456 on: 10 April 2019, 18:22:51 »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 What's in them? Looking down the manifests and telling the techs to quit gaping and drooling and get to unpacking. :D

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #457 on: 10 April 2019, 19:15:34 »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 What's in them? Looking down the manifests and telling the techs to quit gaping and drooling and get to unpacking. :D

Construction supplies.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #458 on: 10 April 2019, 22:10:42 »
 :flame: :bang: :ticked: :lol:

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #459 on: 10 April 2019, 23:26:01 »

Siniy is a small city on the northern coast of Yasei no Sogen. It is located on the banks of the Teal River where it flows down into La Sirena Harbor. The city is surrounded by wild prairies, in a semi arid steppe zone. Summers are hot, often very hot, and generally not humid. Winters are highly changeable between warm and very cold. The region receives about 510 millimeters of precipitation annually, mostly in spring and fall. Siniy is a Free City established from small beginnings as a settlement over 200 years ago. It is governed by a Mayor, Mhairi Song, and a City Council, with elections every five years, and a three year term limit on all offices. Siniy is 129 square kilometers, and has a population of 189754, mostly of Korean, Italian, and Arabic ethnicities. The major economy of the city is livestock and agricultural processing. There are two ports, one on the Teal River on the south side of the city that serves the river and canal traffic, and the other is the commercial seaport on La Sirena Harbor at the north end of the city. The west side of the city holds the railroad hub, where all the local, regional, and continental rail lines converge in over 24 kilometers of track. The Siniy Intercontinental Airport is located on the east side of the city. Public transportation is provided by cycle and scooter rentals, taxi and car services, local and regional bus service, and train and monorail lines. The Stockyards  are a large central area connected to all these resources. It includes 2300 livestock pens, and employs 25000 workers for meat processing, butchering, meat packing, and byproduct manufacturing; including dairy, eggs, wool, leather, feather products, soap, fertilizer, glue, pharmaceuticals, gelatin, polish, buttons, perfume, instrument strings, and wigs. Prominent features of the city include Celeste Station, City Hall, Blue Bazaar, The Exchange building, the Stockyard Inn, The Livestock Exposition, Back of the Yard Tribune building, and the Blazing Star residential area.

Some of the most iconic parts of the city include, the La Sirena Harbor Lighthouse, a 110 meter transparent tower. Designed as an arch with a blue lighted inner cutaway of an abstraction of the female form. Constructed at the entrance to the harbor on a layered series of lighted, floating jetties. The tower consists of observation points, an auditorium, skywalks, a bungee jump platform, climbing towers, a gyro drop, cafeteria and snack stands, a souvenir store, urban balconies, and multi-use spaces.

The Stockyard Gates, located at the entrance to the stockyards, are red stone torii gates with a shimehawa below the lintel, and inlaid mother of pearl carvings of celestial foxes and rice fields around the base of the posts.

Located near the Stockyards, the Siniy NPO Tower is actually three highly photogenic, medieval inspired, stone and glass round towers. Only one, the Yasei no Sogen NPO Headquarters, is open to the public. It offers guided tours by appointment. The tour features interactive multimedia exhibits, contents, and artifacts. Visitors learn how the NPO operates in the field and within communities planet wide. They also gain a look inside the organizations investigative divisions, laboratory resources, professional occupations and more. The rich experience tells the story of the NPO's internal operations and history, as well as its cooperation with local, Ichizoku, and Ministry partners help further its unique role in national security and law enforcement.

The Riverwalk provides pedestrians a cobblestone path along the city's most popular waterway, lined with restaurants, boutiques, galleries, bars, and gathering spaces and allows you to observe some of the city's most gorgeous architecture, ending at The Spiral ferris wheel.

The Gilded Age Theater is an old fashioned two screen movie palace showing a curated selection of films in a vintage atmosphere with clouds projected on the ceiling, serving gourmet popcorn with real butter.

The Driftwood Aquarium is constructed to resemble its namesake and houses fresh and salt water flora and fauna.

The Gladstone Museum is an historic mansion with exquisite architecture and landscaping. It is home to the historic preservation archives of the city, and hosts unique exhibits and events. For instance the recent Sherlock Holmes Perspective, showcasing the works of, and those inspired by Arthur Conan Doyle, including art and film, where visitors became private investigators and solved mysteries.

The White Stag Park Conservatory, one of the largest on planet, provides a home for over one thousand plant species, many indigenous to the Nejiro System, as well as the Izar Cluster, and several worlds of the Draconis Combine.

A converted foundry building is home to Ninkasi Hymn Craft Brewery restaurant and bar. The brewery runs tours, operates a tasting room, is home to both an amateur and pro dart league, and hosts a wide variety of events.

The Portal Arena is an indoor sports venue that hosts the Pro Eleague Global Championship, and Major League Esport events.

The Aerie is a FIFA stadium with a 60000 spectator capacity. It hangs eighteen meters above ground with a system of pillars supporting a hemispheric ball. The grounds include a public plaza, the Science of Sport Museum, two outdoor fields, the Sports Medicine Center, training hall and practice pitch, commercial spaces, and a multi purpose hall. It is home to the Sparrowhawks Association Football Club and the Blue Falcon Rugby Club.

The Cave of Wonders indoor amusement park attractions include IR Battle Space, VR Immersive Experiences, Scavenger Hunt, Home Base, escape rooms, mazes, themed attractions, water rides, several pools, go-karts, playgrounds, sport cages, and an arcade.

Larkspur Community Garden, where wildflowers abound. All the Siniy wards are named after local wildflowers and each has pride of place in the garden. Also in the gardens are herb and medicinal plants, berries, vegetables, and both edible and ornamental flowers. The Garden's gathering spaces are open to the general public until dark, the farm stand, also available to the general public, is open daily.

The most popular site in the city is the Yinyue Fountain, located in Jubilee Plaza, it is the largest, most visited fountain on world. A three hundred meter circle, with seven tiers of irregular shapes, made from differing shades of local bluestone, it includes both a splash pad and spray pools. The fountain features animatronic figures and mechanical statuary frolicking in mythic waters, accompanied by symphonic fairy tales and mixed light and water shows. During the hottest days of summer the statuary shoots water at random passerby.

« Last Edit: 11 April 2019, 02:50:48 by eilidhdawn »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #460 on: 13 April 2019, 14:12:17 »
 :ticked: :violin: :runaway:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #461 on: 13 April 2019, 16:39:56 »
:ticked: :violin: :runaway:
Is this a commentary about your appreciation for your free construction supplies? :)

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #462 on: 13 April 2019, 18:48:35 »
 :popcorn:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #463 on: 14 April 2019, 11:56:41 »
 :blank:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #464 on: 27 April 2019, 07:09:21 »
The following message, carefully hand-written on rice paper, and bottle of Pindar Chardonnay 3051 was sent to Tai-i Kono Kalakaua of the DCSM Ghost unit stationed onworld.

"To my esteemed Tai-I Kono Kalakaua,
  I am writing to you to clear up a misconception that has led to an insult.  When you were briefing us about the presence of the Kokuryu-kai, I misinterpreted something you said.  Because my ears were ringing as the result of an accident that took place in our mechbays a few hours earlier, my hearing was poor.  In the course of the briefing, it sounded like you were saying that the Kokuryu-kai mechs that we fought earlier were your mechs, when in fact you were saying that you used the same designs as them. What I perceived seemed at odds with your reputation as a loyal and honorable servant of the Dragon.  I sought clarification that created a mistaken impression and compounded that mistake by offering an inadequate explanation and apology.
 Watashi no shazai o ukeirete kudasai.
 Please allow me to say that no point did I believe that a warrior so honorable as yourself would stoop to associating with those ronin.  I hold you in the greatest of respect.
 Please accept the enclosed gift as a gesture of my respect.  This bottle comes from the famed vineyards of the Magistracy world of Wildwood, and is extremely rare on this side of the Inner Sphere.  It originates in the Pindar vineyards of the Mediterranean Hills region, kissed by the Sun and cooled by gentle afternoon breezes. Before we left the Magistracy of Canopus, we purchased a small supply to share with friends and those that we wish to be our friends. 
My deepest respect,
Captain Quentin Bonanno"
« Last Edit: 27 April 2019, 07:11:42 by jimdigris »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #465 on: 28 April 2019, 15:21:54 »
should have been done long time again. Also would have earned more "sincerity" in person.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #466 on: 28 April 2019, 15:58:38 »
I'm not sure if the timeframe could have been changed.  We were both busy in combat.  You're right on the in-person part. :-[
Shadhawk, is it too late for that?
« Last Edit: 28 April 2019, 16:00:58 by jimdigris »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #467 on: 29 April 2019, 11:21:35 »
With what units that made it out of the Harid base Bastille pushes hard to get out of jamming range.
When clear Bastille get on the comms. ‘Bastille to Firebird we have been over run and are on the move. Need extract ASAP.”
“Firebird to Bastille roger extract. Will send help ASAP.”
“Roger that Firebird. We have lost six and two others.”
“Roger that Bastille. Will have extract at southside.”
“Roger Firebire southside for extract.” Bastille checks his maps. “OK people get in in gear we have ground to cover.”

“Firebird to all GSF commands standby for orders.”
“All GSF commands orders are as follows. Each command will dispatch 2 repeat 2 ‘Mechs for rescue mission on Yasei no Sogen. We have contact with the Arkab Harid. They have had their base overrun by forces unknown.” Jack looks at the screens. “Transport will start picking up units within the hour.”

A Buccaneer Class DropShip Lands outside Camp Kaki to pick up the Mechs from the Hand of the Goddess.
The same Buccaneer lands by the Mushashi Estate to pick up ‘Mechs.
Last off it lands outside of Camp Haken to pick up the ‘Mechs from the Ironborn. It then heads out to Yasei no Sogen.

Outside of Camp Kurawa a Confederate Class DropShip lands to pick up the ‘Mechs from Kiah’s Hammers. After loading it heads off to Yasei no Sogen.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #468 on: 29 April 2019, 11:29:20 »
I'm not sure if the timeframe could have been changed.  We were both busy in combat.  You're right on the in-person part. :-[
Shadhawk, is it too late for that?

You could have done this much sooner.

Sending a note and a bottle of wine is not the best, but is better then nothing.

in-person would have been better.

as for to late ... read her interview.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #469 on: 29 April 2019, 15:57:54 »
as for to late ... read her interview.
I did, but sensed no latent anger.  Am I wrong on this? 
I am requesting if she can fit me into her schedule for a brief discussion.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #470 on: 29 April 2019, 20:36:17 »
I did, but sensed no latent anger.  Am I wrong on this? 

No anger. Very direct.

I am requesting if she can fit me into her schedule for a brief discussion.

I will keep this in mind

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #471 on: 30 April 2019, 16:54:05 »
I can't decide what to field :-\

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #472 on: 30 April 2019, 18:02:14 »
I can't decide what to field :-\

You do not get to pick. You know what forces you have. Also how many holes they have already  >:D

Circfed

• Recruit
« Reply #473 on: 30 April 2019, 19:42:41 »
I'm also having a brainfart on what to bring.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #474 on: 30 April 2019, 19:48:43 »
I'm also having a brainfart on what to bring.

Same units that made the holes

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #475 on: 01 May 2019, 14:45:07 »
wait? what? I knew it dirty rotten  scheming comguard! :o

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #476 on: 01 May 2019, 15:32:16 »