Author Topic: This was posted on the Camospecs FB page  (Read 3838 times)

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
This was posted on the Camospecs FB page
« on: 02 August 2018, 09:24:10 »
Just saw this posted on the Camospecs FB page!
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Re: This was posted on the Camospecs FB page
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2018, 09:45:38 »
Oooooooh. I am intrigued and wish to subscribe to their newsletter.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2018, 10:07:06 »
More pix!!...  :drool:

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2018, 10:46:08 »
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2018, 11:21:20 »
That's an interesting Archer there... I wonder... where that will be coming from later...

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2018, 11:44:45 »
And another picture

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2018, 11:45:39 »
Marauder!

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: 02 August 2018, 11:51:07 »
Awesome. Thank you!!

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #8 on: 02 August 2018, 11:59:58 »
Battle of Misery?

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2018, 12:07:01 »
Battle of Misery?

Yep. Facebook pics have a really cool logo on a wall of the diorama.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #10 on: 02 August 2018, 12:54:34 »

WAHOOOOOO!!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seeing the Classics Archer and Marauder and all the others on an official table? After all the crap we've had to endure over the past year? This is my reaction...
« Last Edit: 02 August 2018, 13:15:40 by Pat Payne »

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #11 on: 02 August 2018, 13:11:06 »
Marauder!

Question about the Dragon -- is that a new sculpt (like the new Awesome and new Catapult sculpt from the box set) or is that the Dragon II with the optional rearrangement?

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: 02 August 2018, 13:35:05 »
Dragon II with optional parts kit.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 02 August 2018, 18:30:41 »
The only mech I am not sure of is the red one firing on the Imp looks like a dart

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #14 on: 02 August 2018, 19:20:08 »
The only mech I am not sure of is the red one firing on the Imp looks like a dart

Ostscout, I think.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2018, 05:18:37 »
Yeah, Ostscout. He's gonna have a bad time.....

Some of the paintwork in this makes me feel like not painting anymore  :'(

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #16 on: 06 August 2018, 14:46:55 »

Why do you say this?
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 06 August 2018, 14:50:23 »
Why do you say this?

I'll amend the Colonel's response and simply say "don't say that". It's easy to get intimidated, but that's like being intimidated by any artist. There's overall objective skills, for which the world awards Golden Demons. And then there's relative skill, for which we admire our skilled artists as professionals. And *then* there's personal skill, for which we encourage others to top their last effort. That's where the gains and the abilities come from.

I do this with painting, math, research, and running/workouts. May you be encouraged to out-do yourself in your own domain and not worry how good the pros are.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #18 on: 06 August 2018, 14:55:10 »
Truly awesome work on the diorama!  Really like seeing the new classics.  Well done CSO! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #19 on: 06 August 2018, 14:59:03 »
I'll amend the Colonel's response and simply say "don't say that". It's easy to get intimidated, but that's like being intimidated by any artist. There's overall objective skills, for which the world awards Golden Demons. And then there's relative skill, for which we admire our skilled artists as professionals. And *then* there's personal skill, for which we encourage others to top their last effort. That's where the gains and the abilities come from.

I do this with painting, math, research, and running/workouts. May you be encouraged to out-do yourself in your own domain and not worry how good the pros are.

Bedwyr speaks truth here. I am certainly not CamoSpecs quality myself, yet I've painted literally hundreds of miniatures over the last year. Relax and enjoy yourself, and if the work of others spurs you to improve, then that's good!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #20 on: 14 August 2018, 16:24:59 »
Ok . . . what is the mech with the flag on its back in front of the Marauder in the last picture?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 14 August 2018, 16:28:39 »
Ok . . . what is the mech with the flag on its back in front of the Marauder in the last picture?
Dragon II mini assembled as a Standard Dragon (using the extra snout bit and without the Arrow 5 on the back)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #22 on: 14 August 2018, 16:43:59 »
Okay, I thought that comment was about the one that got clothes-lined.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: 07 September 2018, 04:59:54 »
Why do you say this?

I may have been exaggerating a little... so don't worry about me! I do steal some inspiration from stuff that I really like the look of though, both here and on FB, YT, etc, so I hope these amazing displays don't stop happening anytime soon.

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #24 on: 07 September 2018, 14:02:20 »
Yeah, Ostscout. He's gonna have a bad time.....

Phobos. There's a little known fact. I write better with the brush than with the pen. I write that bad, really. And I was a very bad painter. You just need time and practice. Lots. Ask questions, have a look at tutorials,experience new things. I began with drybrush, then some panel work, then fading and now with airbrush.
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: 07 September 2018, 21:56:13 »
You just need time and practice. Lots.

I think this sums up the struggle many people have. It takes work to get better. I mean, that applies to any skill set; I'm not going to get better at tennis if I never play, or if I only play recreationally. It's the same with painting. I've seen many times where a painter goes through the early progression, then gets frustrated and quits because they aren't getting the results they want... and they watched tutorials! Well, great. You've got the information. Now you have to put the work in. The feel, the muscle memory, the applied knowledge base that gets you past the points where you'd be stumped all come from logging hours with brush in hand. The people that quit are the ones that assume there's a short cut. There just isn't a replacement for practice.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #26 on: 08 September 2018, 13:15:56 »
So very awesome photos
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
« Reply #27 on: 08 September 2018, 15:00:22 »
Damn, that Atlas body-checking that Kurita Dragon is AMAZING!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: