Author Topic: Suggestions please  (Read 1787 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Suggestions please
« on: 12 April 2018, 18:20:21 »
If I were to make a Trinary Supernova, what mechs would you choose, don't have to base them on one clan or another, though the ERA would be DA around 3130(ish)

Also what BA?

Thanks
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Suggestions please
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2018, 20:07:37 »
Try this:

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=56&EraId=16

And don't forget that any clan mech or Omni should be out there to choose.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2018, 20:20:21 »
That's kinda tough any Omni that is relatively quick works for such a task.  I'd stick with Mediums or Fast Heavies (6/9) though mixing in things like say Vultures and Hellbringers will give you some solid fire support with Elementals distracting the enemy from the omnis. 

If it is a quick assault group then Fire Moth and Viper Omnis are the best, regular Elemental armor is still solid but it would depend on the target if you would bring something heavier (Black Wolf/Rogue Bear/etc...) or specialized (Undine/Salamander/etc...)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2018, 22:09:27 »
So . . . 3145 for the push on Terra!

Chaos Supernova Trinary
Alpha Nova
Gargoyle D
Timberwolf E
Savage Wolf
Warwolf
Black Hawk KU OR

3 Clan BA (Volk)
2 Elemental (AP Gauss)

Bravo Star
Juliano w/Clan ERLL, it does not have a sheet as much as its been cried for
Night Wolf
Tundra Wolf
Arcas
Marauder 9S

Delta Nova
Ice Ferret B
Black Lanner Prime
Wulfen E
Wulfen H
Phantom H

GD 'Surat' x5

Wolf Empire as you can guess, but IMO its a solid mix I would not mind facing a IS BN with . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2018, 23:19:46 »
Executioner
Executioner
Karhu
Mad Dog 3
Mad Dog 3
25 x Kobold IIC

Karhu
Karhu
Mad Dog 3
Viper
Viper
20 x Elemental
5 x Constable

2 x Huitzilopochtli (AAA)
2 x Huitzilopochtli (AAA)
2 x Mars (HAG)
2 x Donar (Recon)
2 x Donar (Recon)
10 x Gollum (Support)
10 x Rogue Bear
5 x Constable

« Last Edit: 14 April 2018, 17:54:10 by Jellico »

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2018, 05:23:07 »
Very nice suggestions, thank you

I play primarily IS, Capellans to be exact, all the time but want a Trinary Supernova as my Clan unit of choice.

Sadly though can't use my favorite Clan, as the Wolves absorbed them
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2018, 14:12:49 »
Well obviously 15 FireMoths & 75 Elementals for the ultimate in Taxi Deployment.   :thumbsup:

More seriously,  I'd probably focus on some combo of Battle/Striker stars & skill the Assault units.
Probably high Energy configurations & jumpjets as common to showcase a penetration/raider unit.

Heavy Nova:
Gargoyle-D
Timberwolf-A
Summoner-D
MadDog-Prime
Nova-S
+25 Elementals (1 point each of MiP, ERi, MG, Flm, APGR)

Battle Nova:
Stormcrow-Prime
ShadowCat-A
Pouncer-A
Battlecobra-Prime
Adder-B
+25 Elementals (1 point each of MiP, ERMi, MG, Flm, APGR)

Striker Nova:
Grendel-Prime
Phantom-C
Arctic Cheetah-Prime
Mist Lynx-P
Firemoth-H
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2018, 17:25:45 »
Well obviously 15 FireMoths & 75 Elementals for the ultimate in Taxi Deployment.   :thumbsup:

Well yeah, that would be insane, yet highly unlikely

More seriously,  I'd probably focus on some combo of Battle/Striker stars & skill the Assault units.
Probably high Energy configurations & jumpjets as common to showcase a penetration/raider unit.

Heavy Nova:
Gargoyle-D
Timberwolf-A
Summoner-D
MadDog-Prime
Nova-S
+25 Elementals (1 point each of MiP, ERi, MG, Flm, APGR)

Battle Nova:
Stormcrow-Prime
ShadowCat-A
Pouncer-A
Battlecobra-Prime
Adder-B

Striker Nova:
Grendel-Prime
Phantom-C
Arctic Cheetah-Prime
Mist Lynx-P
Firemoth-H

This is nice, though I would find some BA that uses the BA LBX, I am in love with that weapon

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2018, 18:05:06 »
Not too many use it IIRC, if you are using it en masse you are limiting yourself factionally.  One other thing to remember is that Supernova Trinaries are not always made up exclusively of Novas- especially in 3130s+ when Omnis are more rare.  Additionally, one of the Novas could be vehicles & BA/Infantry since even the Clans have integrated vehicles into their frontline forces- except for the Wolf Empire, which turned them out but is not all Omni.

One of the more entertaining Novas is 6 Kirghiz C, 4 other ASF and 5 BA points . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 15 April 2018, 22:35:33 »
If it were a little later then I'd go with 30 Notos.

For 3130:
- Assaults: I'd probably just have these in other Trinaries. You could use a Gargoyle if you have any, or an Executioner at a push.
- Heavies: the Vulture III and Grand Summoner are versatile Heavies with decent speed. I'm not so fond of the Savage Wolf.  Older stuff like Timber Wolves are still good.
- Mediums: the Republic Era lacks new Medium omnimechs so this means relying on old standbys. Stormcrows are always reliably good, Grendels are fast all-rounders, Pouncers, Vipers and Phantoms are very mobile and annoying. I like the Stooping Hawk but it's exceptionally rare in the IS.
- Lights: another dearth of new chassis, which leaves the tiny Fire Moth battletaxi at one end, and pint-size bruisers like the Adder and Cougar at the other. Personally I'd lean towards the heavier end of the Light class. If you can find any Hellions - the Falcons probably have a few - then those are pretty nice.