Author Topic: Boston MASS  (Read 1877 times)

Col Toda

• Captain
Boston MASS
« on: 04 September 2013, 11:03:32 »
Any new or old venue that my group can try out ? As the old one vamped up the card games and does not have room for mini games on peak weekend nights .  Pandemonium is the place displacing the group so mention some place else .

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Boston MASS
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2013, 12:29:46 »
Whaat? Pandemonium is kicking your group out?  There a Battletech Demo gaming happening this (9/8/2013) Sunday.

You could try for Hobby Bunker in Malden, MA.

Depends how far you want to travel too. There not much in Boston area.  Lowell, Ma has called Tabletop Arena

Only other gaming store I would recommend (don't go to Toys N Things in Danvers, MA) is Toy Soldier in Amesbury, MA.  Its far, but i've heard good things about the place and believe Battletech games have been played there before.
« Last Edit: 04 September 2013, 12:35:36 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Jame Rowe

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2014, 17:33:03 »
Whaat? Pandemonium is kicking your group out?  There a Battletech Demo gaming happening this (9/8/2013) Sunday.

You could try for Hobby Bunker in Malden, MA.

The Hobby Bunker is good; I second the recommendation (but see the bottom of my post). Somehow I'm not surprised that card games are overtaking all else though.

Only other gaming store I would recommend is Toy Soldier in Amesbury, MA.  Its far, but i've heard good things about the place and believe Battletech games have been played there before.

If I could get out there I would go - I do not yet have a car.

(don't go to Toys N Things in Danvers, MA)

This is my regular store. I actually would not mind if other people other than the owner were able to come here. Unfortunately it suffers from similar issues as Pandemonium.

In any case, if anyone wants to do BTech at, say, the Hobby Bunker I may be available; just PM me.
I don't know what the Kitfox does as a mech, I just like foxes.

Panther, Enforcer, Hatchetman, Grasshopper!

Jame Rowe

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2014, 13:52:20 »
Only other gaming store I would recommend (don't go to Toys N Things in Danvers, MA) is

May I ask why you recommend not going to Toys N Things?

I ask only because it is the only place that is convenient for me and I've been looking for BTech groups.

DanversGM

• Recruit
  • The pay is good, but the risk is high.
    • TnT on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2014, 14:33:53 »
Being that I don't think Wrangler has ever actually been to TnT, unlike yourself Jame he probably doesn't know that in addition to running the store I also am an old Battletech writer. Wrangler also doesn't know that unlike many stores TnT has "pure" miniature nights on Tuesdays evenings where there is no card event scheduled. (we are also considering Saturday evenings starting after Yugioh ends around 6PM) Playing against each other does get old, so I would encourage other BT players who are looking for a place to play without being pushed around by other games to checkout Toys N Things in Danvers.
Toys N Things
66 Maple St
Danvers, MA 01923
Phone: [978] 777-1879
Email: ToysNThingsDanvers@Yahoo.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ToysNThingsDanvers
Web: http://tntgamingdanvers.com/

Jame Rowe

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2014, 15:59:23 »
That's part of why I'm looking for new players. That way we can get more play for BTech, popularize it and get a bunch of interesting scenarios!

Mordegald

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 03 April 2014, 11:26:28 »
Ah, there are BTech players in eastern Massachusetts! The legends are true!

Anyway, Battleground Games in Abington seems to have a small following. I was there for a Warmachine tourney a couple weeks ago, and they had a goodly amount of Battletech stuff on display. According to their forum (http://www.battlegroundgames.com/forum/), there's an AToW campaign and a Battletech map league running out of the store. They've also got a location in Plainville, but it doesn't seem to have any Battletech players.

Incidentally, anyone going to be bringing Battletech stuff to PAX East? I've got some 'mechs I mean to bring, but I've never actually played the game.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2014, 11:33:06 by Mordegald »

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 04 April 2014, 14:38:11 »
I too discovered Battleground in Abington however it appears that I would have to run a new game myself as the time in which it is played is not convenient . I will look into it sometime in late September .

Jame Rowe

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 04 April 2014, 16:11:37 »
Good to know that there's more BTech around here. Too bad I can't get to Abington - I don't even know where it is!

Jame Rowe

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 20 March 2015, 14:09:26 »
The Danvers store is looking to start up a 3025 era game based upon merc units. Just PM me if you're interested!