Author Topic: Strike Force: New RPG system!  (Read 33434 times)

Kell

• Corporal
Re: Strike Force: New RPG system!
« Reply #60 on: 08 August 2012, 07:02:48 »
Hi guys, sorry about the inactivity. I know have a kid that takes up a lot of my time and recently have been very busy. Version 3.0 is still in the works but I have to dust some stuff off. I have been going at the approach of making 3.0 a full rules booklet so anyone knew to Quickstrike can have the games rules along with Strike Force rules all in one book.

I would love for this thread to be an ongoing forum for Strike Force, where you guys can post your own adaptation of Strike Force rules and abilities! Hopefully by mid August v3.0 will be up and I can start adding all of your guy's stuff also

jasper_ward

• Corporal
  • The Wolf Pack Expands
« Reply #61 on: 09 August 2012, 02:07:13 »
No worries, personally my battletech day is my kid free few hours of the week so i understand, so don't feel bad or anything, was just wondering on status, and if you objected to expansion :-)

My own group has been playing it with 2.0 for awhile, the only changes we made were players could start with 50pts to start, and we use the battles AS IS with quickstrike rules, only pulling out the Strike force for pilot creation, abilities and such... we also tried this as an alternate Solaris 7 Quick-Strike Ruleset and it works AWESOME for this, though we found the dervish to be the ultimate brutal in the class and in arenas, but thats just unit selection and not Strike Force's fault :-)

BTW, Feel free to test stuff on me, I can try out with my weekly and see how it goes with an after action report if it helps

Be well, and welcome back

Kell

• Corporal
« Reply #62 on: 24 February 2013, 18:31:57 »
Alright everyone I have been away for too long. Iamfanboy's post about quickstrike has renewed my faith in Battleforce and Quickstrike that I have dusted off what I started on version 3.0 and plan on finishing it up this week. Couple of things;
1: I am planning on using the cluster hit table to determine damage but keep running into the problem of, is it true to the game. You roll to hit then have to roll again on a random table to see how much damage you take. One option I had was a damage per dice system where your total damage is divided and rolled separate. ( ex. a Marauder does 4 damage at medium range therefore you would roll 3 sets of 2D6, two sets equaling 1 point of damage and the third representing 2. 1+1+2 = 4 points of damage. If all 3 sets hit you just did an alpha strike!!!) Let me know if you like this or prefer cluster table.
2: I have gone over my pilot abilities and have tweaked them to flow much better in the game. Alot of the higher abilities are only usable when you win initiative. ( make winning the INT mean alot more!)
3: Version 3 will be a complete rulebook. Game play rules, Role Playing Abilities for pilots and how to use them, even hopefully a scenario creator. Also a Table page that you can copy that has all the rules and tables on one sheet for easy access.
4: I have found the perfect program that allows anyone to download and make character and mech sheets all in one. They look Beautiful!!! I will be posting a PDF image of one soon and also loading my template and the website for the program this week. ( I have a few more tweaks)

I know many of you enjoyed Strike Force as much as I have so I also plan on trying to get a dedicated website up in the next month or so devoted to Strike Force. I am really excited about getting back onto the battlefield for it has been far too long.
« Last Edit: 06 March 2013, 13:44:10 by Kell »

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 25 February 2013, 15:21:09 »
Thanks for saying that! I personally love your system for adding pilots and pilot skills to QS; it's an additional level of complexity without being COMPLICATED. It's... nice. Once you get 3.0 posted up I'll definitely grab it and devour it!

Kell

• Corporal
« Reply #64 on: 06 March 2013, 08:32:56 »
Okay as promised here is a pic of the new Strike Force record sheet made with NBOS Character Creator software and the template made by me. Hope you like!
The image looks a little off because I had to scan it over to my computer in order to post it. It looks 10 times better printed off.

And can anyone tell me why they don't have the actual picture on the card and instead have a silhouette of the mech? They are the new reseen versions so whats the reason for the black out?
« Last Edit: 06 March 2013, 08:40:44 by Kell »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 06 March 2013, 10:24:41 »
And can anyone tell me why they don't have the actual picture on the card and instead have a silhouette of the mech? They are the new reseen versions so whats the reason for the black out?

Because, officially, the WHM-6R (and anything based on refitting it, like the WHM-7A) still looks the same as it always did, Catalyst just can't show it.  Or, if you prefer, Catalyst doesn't want to officially say it doesn't look like it always did, to not offend those that refuse to think of the unseen Warhammer ever looking like anything but the unseen Warhammer.  So, silhouettes.  Fill in the blank without however you think it should look.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: 07 March 2013, 00:16:58 »
A touch of photoshop can cure that real quick, though.

One SMALL quibble I have.

It's spelled "Achievements." achievEments.

Hrum, I may have to revamp my setup; I've got it so that each lance has a 9-pocket card sheet to itself and the 'combined' cards look pretty good.

Kell

• Corporal
« Reply #67 on: 07 March 2013, 08:44:23 »
Good catch, thanks. Paint doesn't have spell check :(
Also the individual card sizes once printed still come close to a 2 x 3 inch card, it looks this way because the program prints out to 8.5 x 11 paper. So you can still cut out the cards after printing them and use your pockets. I simply just slide mine into a 8.5 x 11 plastic binder sleeve so I can still use wet erase markers.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #68 on: 07 March 2013, 08:50:08 »
A touch of photoshop can cure that real quick, though.
If you mean you can fix that for your use, certainly.  You could put Mickey Mouse on there for your use.
But you, generic anybody you, can't put the images of the Unseen on there and post the result to these forums.  Rule 8.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: 07 March 2013, 11:28:06 »
If you mean you can fix that for your use, certainly.  You could put Mickey Mouse on there for your use.
But you, generic anybody you, can't put the images of the Unseen on there and post the result to these forums.  Rule 8.
Why would I do that?  O:-) 

I mean, I got into trouble for a Horned Owl picture within the last few months - I only need to be reminded once a year or so...

Kell

• Corporal
« Reply #70 on: 13 March 2013, 21:45:07 »
Well I'm not overjoyed this thread got moved but I guess I understand. Good think Strike Force Version 3 is equal amount gameplay and roleplay. I am doing my best to get it done soon, there is just so much. Working hard, I know I said it would be out this week but it is looking more like next weekend. Fine tuning has turned into more of a pop the hood and find out where that clicking noise is coming from. I will be posting the character sheet website and character sheet template here soon. Handbook should be following that quickly. Thanks for all the patients. Strike Force 3.0 will have a brand new thread on the Strategic Games section so you wont have to keep checking both places.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #71 on: 14 March 2013, 00:51:38 »
SQUEE!  NEW FAN-PRODUCED PROJECT!  TAGGED!
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Kell

• Corporal
« Reply #72 on: 15 April 2013, 13:44:21 »
Hey everyone, don't know who else is following since the move, but I do have an announcement: I have started experimenting with a new gaming system for Strike Force. So far I have two test games under my belt and so far things are looking good. I have been trying out a gaming platform that melds Magic the Gathering and X Wing Miniatures together.
Here is the basic rundown (There will be a full blown Battle Report and Tutorial on all this in a few weeks). Pilots now have 1 skill, and for each Skill they have an Action Point value associated with that skill, example is a Skill 2 pilot gets 6 Action Points. These action points may be divided into 3 categories, Piloting, Gunnery, and Special Actions. ( pilot may not have more than 4 action points in 1 category.)
Now the player builds his or her deck from a variety of Piloting, Gunnery, and Special Action Cards. These cards range from all kinds of tactical advantages you can play to improve you pilot or pilots. Each Card has an Action Point cost that must be payed by 1 pilot in order to play. These costs vary from 1 to 4 points. You then draw 1 card per pilot at the start of the game and 2 cards per turn after. Maximum hand size equals you active pilots x 2.
It is alot of fun so far and adds a great new aspect to the game.
Check out strikeforce.wolfsdragoons.com for further updates along with this thread!

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #73 on: 09 March 2014, 16:37:02 »
Someone asked about pilot abilities for Alpha Strike and I thought this would be the perfect place to look for pilot abilities.

There were a few created in this supplement after all.  :)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #74 on: 09 March 2014, 19:35:46 »
...Do I need to update my files?
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: 21 June 2015, 18:50:33 »
To anyone who may have been playing regularly using these rules, what did you do for units that have one large standard attack? We may start using these in combination with Alpha Strike but wondered how one would handle a mech like the Hellstar. A standard attack of six needing one roll to hit. Break it up into two 4's? Any ideas?

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: 26 March 2018, 11:37:24 »
I know I'm digging this up from the ashes but does anyone have the pdf of this fan made Strike Force Handbook? I used to have a copy and my PC crashed and I lost it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #77 on: 26 March 2018, 16:47:31 »
Looks like someone from Facebook hooked me up.

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: 26 March 2018, 21:05:35 »
Looks like someone from Facebook hooked me up.

Just like on the other thread, you really need to attach files when you say things like that ;)

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #79 on: 27 March 2018, 21:38:01 »
I'm not sure how to attach a file but I'm happy to email it if you PM me.