Author Topic: Complete list of novel/novellas - what am I missing?  (Read 6612 times)

Hydrofoil Goat

• Corporal
Complete list of novel/novellas - what am I missing?
« on: 31 October 2020, 02:21:01 »
I've set out on a (perhaps fraught) mission to read all the Battletech novels in order (of publication... getting fancy with the chronology would be too much work I think). I used this page on sarna to compile my list, but I know there have been quite a few novellas released digitally lately and I'm not sure where I would find a complete list of them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm not fussed on short stories but I'd regard novellas or digital only novels as meaty enough to be worthwhile. Sarna appears to only have complete lists alphabetically.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: Complete list of novel/novellas - what am I missing?
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2020, 02:31:11 »
If you're interested in a master list of all the fiction in chronological order, you've come to the right sub-board.

This link: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/novel-and-sourcebook-reviews/master-chronological-fiction-review-index/ lists every scene in every novel and short story in chronological order, noting type, source, author, and setting.  Keyword search for "novel" and you'll find all of those in order.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Hydrofoil Goat

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2020, 02:41:51 »
Thank you, I did see that but I am more looking for publication date as that list gets a little confusing when prologues etc start to be introduced.

If there's nothing else available I'll just compare my list to that and add in anything I don't already have noted down. Thanks for the link.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2020, 06:19:06 »
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Hydrofoil Goat

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 01 November 2020, 05:25:33 »
Both of those together got me to where I wanted - thank you both!

Register