Author Topic: (Answered) Burst Fire Weapon questions  (Read 3754 times)

gigobyte

• Sergeant
  • Rock'em Sock'em Robots that I don't get bored of.
(Answered) Burst Fire Weapon questions
« on: 15 August 2015, 23:27:05 »
I am just wondering exactly how bust fire works. If you look at the Sub Machine Gun and it has Burst: 10 Recoil: 1.

Does this mean it can make up to 10 shots with a -1 to the total roll or a -1 per extra shot fired?

If it is only a -1 total then that seems kind of low and why wouldn't you use burst fire most of the time if you can?
If it is -1 per bullet fired that seems kind of high, but make more sense as the weapon gets unwieldy with more bullets fired.

Also, how does it work if you want to hit multiple targets, like what page is that rule on or if you can just explain it that would be cool too?

gigobyte

• Sergeant
  • Rock'em Sock'em Robots that I don't get bored of.
Re: AToW Burst Fire Weapon questions
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2015, 15:41:47 »
Come on please, I need an answer before Saturday.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: AToW Burst Fire Weapon questions
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2015, 19:47:24 »
Please read the thread sticked at the top of this forum which says "Read BEFORE Posting".

Thank you.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: Burst Fire Weapon questions
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2017, 20:05:21 »
Apologies for the delay in response.

Does this mean it can make up to 10 shots with a -1 to the total roll or a -1 per extra shot fired?

Between 2 and 10 at a -1 penalty.

If it is only a -1 total then that seems kind of low and why wouldn't you use burst fire most of the time if you can?

Ammo conservation concerns. Also, you only gain 1 point of extra damage per MOS, so if you don't expect to get much higher than 3 MOS, there's probably no reason to put more than 5 rounds in the burst.

Also, how does it work if you want to hit multiple targets, like what page is that rule on or if you can just explain it that would be cool too?

You'll want to take a look at Suppression Fire. p. 174-175.

Paul
The solution is just ignore Paul.