Author Topic: Manei Domini, Celestial Omnimechs, Booby Traps and Would They Do It?  (Read 1236 times)

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
So, was flipping through the Tech Manual at work today, with the plan of looking at the Advanced and Experimental LRM ammo for my own command, when I came across the Booby Traps. Devastating little toys, by and large. So I got thinking, all Manei Domini operatives have suicide pills built in. So would they consider using a Stackpole device in their 'Mechs? My initial knee jerk is yes, yes they would. But likely not until after the fall of Terra and they are being chased out of the Inner Sphere. Anyone else have thoughts on that? (I'd also suspect Kali Liao's Thuggee cults would too.)

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: Manei Domini, Celestial Omnimechs, Booby Traps and Would They Do It?
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2018, 19:04:11 »
part of the problem is that Booby Traps take up 10% of the unit's mass, which would greatly restrict their Omni's already limited pod space.

but we've seen suicide device equipped mechs elsewhere i nthe Jihad (such as the Combine's BZN-S Banzai) so i would say you could probably get away with it for the WOB.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Manei Domini, Celestial Omnimechs, Booby Traps and Would They Do It?
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2018, 14:22:50 »
IMO it would not have to be a straight up Stackpole but it could be software loaded in whatever their implants data storage is that just gets dropped into their mech/vehicle/ASF/BA that cuts out the breakers and causes a uncontrolled power surge that burns out the equipment's computer.  ALL the wiring on the mech or whatever is toasted, everything controlled by the computer- gyros, reactor, myomer, every little electric motor that moves coolant, every fan in the heat sinks, weapons, etc all fried by the voltage.

Sure you can salvage that Celestial . . . but its just a pile of scrap metal, you will hardly get anything useful out of it.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."