Author Topic: 9th FedCom's pirate hunt  (Read 1917 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
9th FedCom's pirate hunt
« on: 09 January 2019, 16:30:26 »
The Ninth FedCom RCT was assigned to hunt down the pirate queen Paula Trevaline shortly after its formation.  Its was a good way to blood a new unit as well as meeting a function of the House military.  I cannot find too much about the composition of the unit, but the FedCom RCTs seemed to be built out of common/production mediums & lights for most the unit with some heavier forces consolidated in a few formations- Enforcers, Griffins, and Valkyries (4SW Atlas).  Which means IMO the 9th would likely be mostly meds & lights since its formation was delayed due to the War of 3039 recovery- and spare heavies & assaults likely went to replace losses.

However they lost over 900 infantry, a battalion of armored vehicles (36?  might be APCs too), wing of ASF- includes 2 DS, and two companies of mechs during their pirate hunt.  Do we know the trail they followed to catch her?  How many pirate havens they smashed?  What number of pirates they stamped out?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: 9th FedCom's pirate hunt
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2019, 20:16:08 »
Do we know the trail they followed to catch her?  How many pirate havens they smashed?  What number of pirates they stamped out?
99 bands of pirates in the Haven, 99 Bands of Pirates.
Take one down, smash it to the ground,
134 Bands of Pirates in the haven..

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #2 on: 09 January 2019, 22:17:15 »
Oh, I understand hunting pirates (for all that mechs are rare . . ?) is like pulling weeds, I was just wondering if there was any source that laid it out.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2019, 08:24:33 »
Not really, the 9th FedComs early days were put out as a paragraph or two and that's it.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2019, 09:16:52 »
I've a feeling this is somehow linked to a Battletechnology article, and sort of
retconned into general continuity.  Feeling being a euphemism for my memory
is hazy on it, but relatively certain.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2019, 10:18:03 »
IIRC. Issue 14 of Battletechnology had the memoir of a soldier from the 9th FC who fought in the operations against the Tortuga Pirates.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2019, 10:27:48 »
Yep... the article was titled "To Haul Down the Jolly Roger", but it's about a mercenary unit (The 8th Armored Cavalry) on Tortuga Prime, not the 9th FC RCT.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2019, 10:38:14 »
Unfortunately nothing in Battletechnology is canon unless its brought over in canon source from CGL.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2019, 12:58:02 »
The similarity in unit names, always made me suspect a touch of retconning.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

Register