Author Topic: Lyran Eisensturm Bs vs Steel Viper Batu Prime and Visigoth C  (Read 3111 times)

Lyran Archer

• Lieutenant
  • pre-3050: ARC-2R / post-3050: ARC-5W
This battle was played today between Lord Cameron and I.

It is the year 3067.

Clan Steel Viper is being driven out of the Inner Sphere by Clan Jade Falcon forces.

A withdrawing Steel Viper JumpShip has retreated into Lyran space in the system of the planet of Mogyorod near the star's nadir point. The Lyrans send a force out to let the Vipers know that they are not welcome there either. Both forces send out a pair of Omnifighters.

The Steel Vipers (played by Lord Cameron) have a Visigoth C and a Batu Prime, both with 3/4 Trueborn pilots (7000 BV total).
The Visigoth C, below, has three large pulse lasers!

The Batu Prime below has pulse lasers and a targeting computer!

The Lyrans send out two of their new Eisensturm B OmniFights, both with veteran 3/4 pilots (7000 BV total). Each has two ER LLs and four LRM 15s with Atemis FCS!

The dogfight begins at long range with the Lyrans hugging each other's wingtip while the Vipers confidently spread out in the hopes of outmanuevering and getting behind the bigger IS ASFs.

The Lyrans slow their pace and move closer to the small Batu.

The 40-ton Batu, now nervous, moves closer to its 60-ton wingman while the Eisensturms continue to drift closer.

The Batu tries to slide behind the 95-ton Lyran monsters but both Steiner ASFs veer head-on toward the Viper fighter. This is short range for all three ASFs. The Lyrans shrug off the incredibly accurate but minimal firepower of the Batu and respond with all eight Artemis-guided LRM 15s from the two Eisensturms smashing the Clan Omni hard, sending it spinning out of control with several pulse lasers, most of its armor, its avionics, and some internal structure destroyed.

With its wingman spinning away, the Visigoth rolls into the battle with its highly accurate large and medium pulse lasers but it is now alone facing two 95-ton IS ASFs with only very minimal armor loss.

The Batu pilot recovers control of his battered ASF but is too damaged to continue fighting. The two Clan ASFs, both faster than the Eisensturms, speed back to their jumpship which retreats out of Lyran space, heading back to the homeworlds. The Lyrans head back to base feeling much better with the Vipers gone and with nothing lost but a tiny bit of armor.

This was a very quick battle! A single pass and done! I love the Eisensturm! Now I just got to find good Lyran ASFs for pre-3067 play!

« Last Edit: 17 January 2012, 07:23:21 by Lyran Archer »
LCAF German Expeditionary Militia Kampfgruppe Panzerfaust: 1 Overlord class DropShip, 1 Fortress class DropShip, 2 AeroSpace Fighters, 4 BattleMech Companies, 1 Vehicle Company, 1 Infantry Battalion
Motto: STAND (behind a hill) AND DELIVER (indirectly via spotter)!

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Re: Lyran Eisensturm Bs vs Steel Viper Batu Prime and Visigoth C
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2012, 03:46:51 »
Those are beautiful looking Viper Fighters.

A very quick game indeed.  The Batu should have waited for his buddy.

The Eisensturm is bloody huge.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2012, 14:12:51 »
Sweet. Love the Steel Viper paintjobs. 

I think this battle shows that you need to stick tight to your wingman, especially on smaller maps which don't allow more maneuverable ASFs to skirt around at extreme range.

If you guys are in Colorado Springs, there's a couple of us in Denver that are playing and maybe we could get an ASF dogfight in sometime!

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2012, 23:16:15 »
Well that battle went well! (not  :P )

Sweet. Love the Steel Viper paintjobs. 

I think this battle shows that you need to stick tight to your wingman, especially on smaller maps which don't allow more maneuverable ASFs to skirt around at extreme range.

Problem is that I'm playing Vipers (strict Zell, remember?) So I basically have no choice but to let them double team me for 1 round. (and almost finished me after one full salvo from 2 Eik's  #P )

Sadly, it was some kind of card tournement (pokemon? ) going on at the same time, so we couldn't really get enough space for bigger maps.  :(

If you guys are in Colorado Springs, there's a couple of us in Denver that are playing and maybe we could get an ASF dogfight in sometime!

I may just drop in sometime...
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead