Author Topic: Coming Soon to MegaMek  (Read 262326 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: Coming Soon to MegaMek
« Reply #30 on: 17 July 2017, 23:07:13 »
Do those LAMs mean I'll get my Svartalfas too? Also, any notion yet as to when the next release will drop?

I'll let Neo confirm but that's the plan.  I've been trying to do releases for the last week but every time I turn around the forums are down, or when they are up I'm busy with work.

So I'm going to try in the next couple of days. But LAMs won't be in that release.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #31 on: 18 July 2017, 12:32:09 »
Since glider ProtoMech movement is a variant of LAM AirMech movement, I worked on both at the same time, and the movement phase is essentially done for both units. What remains for Svartalfas is tracking wing damage, crashes due to loss of MP (which I'll probably do when I work on the same thing for AirMechs), and adding glider as an option in the unit file. So I expect LAMs and gliders to appear together in the next snapshot, whenever that is.

I'd like to include the rest of the advanced ProtoMech rules from IO with the gliders, because it's easier to keep track of what's implemented and what's not if we do it by rulebook section. That's why when I did turn modes, which are required for LAMs, I did the rest of the TacOps advanced vehicle movement rules as well. Besides that, it makes for a bit of finesse for the QuadVee implementation.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #32 on: 22 July 2017, 15:58:42 »
Here is a video file that was found in a Star League cache and only recently decrypted. It is dated 2681 and titled X1 Insertion Test.

Here is another from the late succession wars period that shows two Davion pursuit lances completely failing to prevent the escape of a single raiding Mech at a FedSuns research facility. The AFFS commander (Captain Princess) was demoted.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #33 on: 24 July 2017, 09:22:57 »
Coming soon to MekHQ...Parts in use.

You'll need to follow the link to see the screenshots.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #34 on: 24 July 2017, 10:07:55 »

Squeee... *does his happy dance*
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

trtw

• Private
« Reply #35 on: 24 July 2017, 21:18:54 »

oh this is huge.... thanks for the effort going into all of these features. It is greatly appreciated

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #36 on: 25 July 2017, 09:18:48 »
Make mechs be able to glow!!! ....
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 26 July 2017, 10:21:43 »
Make mechs be able to glow!!! ....

They do!
Hit Reactor for firework effect ;)
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

firedude1218

• Recruit
« Reply #38 on: 26 July 2017, 15:42:38 »
Exploding mechs always makes me smile. Don't care if the explosion is from a (scientifically inaccurate) nuclear meltdown, or large amounts of ammo. I just love exploding things.  :)

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 26 July 2017, 16:26:36 »
Shame the videos games don't agree :( Well... Maybe MW 5 will if it still gets released.

firedude1218

• Recruit
« Reply #40 on: 30 July 2017, 16:48:03 »
Here's hoping for a MW5 with explosions that actually explode.  [drool]

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #41 on: 31 July 2017, 17:21:33 »
LAMs in AirMech mode use the VTOL bomb rules from TacOps. So here's a little bonus feature as a side-effect of the LAM implementation.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 31 July 2017, 22:09:28 »
Extra bombs are always lovely >:D

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 01 August 2017, 09:12:49 »
dont tease the animals it never ends well for ether party...

now i want that build more than ever... >:D
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
« Reply #44 on: 06 August 2017, 07:05:55 »
So how soon do we see this?

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 06 August 2017, 08:41:19 »
How do you switch to WiGE mode for the LAMs?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #46 on: 06 August 2017, 09:00:11 »
So how soon do we see this?

Neoancient will have to confirm but I believe he's fairly close to finishing LAMs. Quadvees where in the last release.  Assuming no issues I'd like to do up another release for the end of August.

How do you switch to WiGE mode for the LAMs?

In the current release their is a convert button for Quadvees, which will be the same for the LAMs once they are released.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 06 August 2017, 09:09:11 »
Got it. Tried the Quadvees and it worked great.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #48 on: 06 August 2017, 14:00:45 »
You can also right-click on the unit to select the mode to convert to, which will often be easier than paging through the movement mode buttons.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #49 on: 13 August 2017, 07:24:26 »
I just saw that LAMs and glider protos have been added to the next development release.  I've been waiting a very long time for this  :)
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #50 on: 28 August 2017, 17:15:38 »

With apologies to Tom Petty....or Pink Floyd...but Princess has gone back to flight school and is "Learning to Fly"

This is a work in progress and is sometime away from completion.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #51 on: 28 August 2017, 17:29:14 »
This is strictly for the super detail orientated....

"Cockpit choices for Lyran Commonwealth in 3090 include the Torso-mounted, which has a production date of 3080"

"Kurita won't get it until the common date of 3100"

Not available to FedSuns in 3090, even though they are one of the prototype factions..

...unless you go to experimental.

With the implementation of Tech Progression of Int. Ops their will be lots of interesting changes to MegaMek and its accompanying programs
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #52 on: 28 August 2017, 21:30:16 »
But will you be able to produce factionless designs, for those who want to go beyond the canon?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #53 on: 28 August 2017, 22:07:04 »
But will you be able to produce factionless designs, for those who want to go beyond the canon?

Yes, those advanced options are going for players looking for the most detailed experience. You'll still be able to build units without faction flavor. 
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #54 on: 29 August 2017, 12:46:36 »

These are the new options (File>Configuration).
Variable Tech Year uses the rules for era-based play introduced in some of the later TROs and fleshed out in Interstellar Operations. Rather than having a fixed rules level, equipment moves from experimental in the prototype stage, to advanced when it enters full production but is not yet generally available everywhere, to standard when it is commonly available.

Use Game Year lets you select a year other than the unit's introduction year to calculate tech level. The introduction year (set on the structure tab) is used to determine whether the tech exists, and the game year is used to determine its rules level. This option is only available when the variable tech level option is in use.

Show Faction is what is demonstrated above: some factions have access to certain pieces of tech before others, or may have it at a different rules level if variable tech levels are in use.

Show Extinct Tech will show tech that is no longer in production (which is what extinct means in the tech progression rules, rather than non-existent). This can be used in situations like a campaign that finds a cache of SL equipment during the succession wars and refits some units, or building a Jihad-era retrotech unit after primitive tech has gone out of production.

Unofficial Ignores Year just presents all available equipment regardless of when it was introduced in the game's time frame, if the tech level is set to unofficial. It will still filter according to Clan/IS tech base unless mixed tech is chosen.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
« Reply #55 on: 29 August 2017, 23:59:24 »
Now we need a faction wizard to suggest a faction for a mech you just designed but are unsure which faction it should belong to.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #56 on: 30 August 2017, 22:06:01 »
Now we need a faction wizard to suggest a faction for a mech you just designed but are unsure which faction it should belong to.
Personally, I think it's a great idea, but Neoancient would have to address if it fits into this scope of work, or an RFE be opening for a later project.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #57 on: 01 September 2017, 22:31:26 »

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 01 September 2017, 22:48:03 »
cant wait for the next dev release!!! any ideas as to when?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #59 on: 01 September 2017, 23:15:02 »
cant wait for the next dev release!!! any ideas as to when?
Going to be a couple of more weeks at least. Including Int Ops Tech Progression is taking longer than planned.  This next Dev release is going to be insane!
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker