Author Topic: New Stable Release 0.48.0 for MegaMek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 60038 times)

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
Re: New Stable Release 0.48.0 for MegaMek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #60 on: 03 February 2022, 15:44:54 »
Quick question for the group. . .

Am I the only one having trouble changing Force Icons in 0.48.0?  I right click on any of my forces in the Command Center tab, and select "Change Force Icon."  Nothing happens.

Just me?

Trip
DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and ideas put forth in this communication are sole property of the voices in my head. ©1998-2023 - 'The Voices' (TM). All rights reserved.

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #61 on: 05 February 2022, 11:15:23 »
Quick question for the group. . .

Am I the only one having trouble changing Force Icons in 0.48.0?  I right click on any of my forces in the Command Center tab, and select "Change Force Icon."  Nothing happens.

Just me?

Trip
That's new to me (the dev who has handled all related changes including a complete rewrite since stable), assuming you mean the TO&E tab and not the command center tab. My best guesses would be one of:

1) No data in the /data/images/force/ folder
2) You've removed a previous file that was in use from the above folder (I don't believe I found that until after stable)
3) A Windows zipper issue (never use the Windows zipper, as it is broken).
MegaMek Developer - MekHQ, Personnel, and Internal Focus
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
« Reply #62 on: 05 February 2022, 15:29:25 »
1) No data in the /data/images/force/ folder
2) You've removed a previous file that was in use from the above folder (I don't believe I found that until after stable)
3) A Windows zipper issue (never use the Windows zipper, as it is broken).

You're right--I should have said "TO&E Tab."  There's data in the images/force folder, since it's displaying proper icons for higher-headquarters' units (Companies still showing old, custom icons.  I can't change a couple of Lances, it just blanks out as I mentioned, and I'm too afraid/lazy/unconvinced to try the Company).

Lemme try to download again and re-install.  What can I use besides Windows zipper, though. . . any recommendations?

Trip
« Last Edit: 05 February 2022, 15:37:17 by TriplerSDMB »
DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and ideas put forth in this communication are sole property of the voices in my head. ©1998-2023 - 'The Voices' (TM). All rights reserved.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #63 on: 05 February 2022, 16:01:26 »
You're right--I should have said "TO&E Tab."  There's data in the images/force folder, since it's displaying proper icons for higher-headquarters' units (Companies still showing old, custom icons.  I can't change a couple of Lances, it just blanks out as I mentioned, and I'm too afraid/lazy/unconvinced to try the Company).

Lemme try to download again and re-install.  What can I use besides Windows zipper, though. . . any recommendations?

Trip

We recommend 7-zip.

https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/wiki/Slow-Unzipping-or-Errors-Unzipping
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
« Reply #64 on: 05 February 2022, 16:53:52 »
Got it--thanks!

I downloaded a new 0.48.0 Stable's zip file, and unzipped everything to the current directory.  I must've shot myself in the foot though, 'cause half of my personnel are missing from the roster, even though they're still in the CPNX save file. 

The change icon feature is working though. . . just missing about half of my personnel.

Edited to add:  It looks like the only folks on the roster were hired after a specific date.  Trying an older saved file now. . .

2nd Edit to add:  Nope, still not working. Not a complete roster in MekHQ despite them being in the CPNX file.

Trip
« Last Edit: 05 February 2022, 17:37:31 by TriplerSDMB »

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
« Reply #65 on: 06 February 2022, 13:51:20 »
Got things working again.  There's still trouble with custom awards files with personnel migrating from one installed version of 0.48.0 to another.

I went back to an old saved campaign file in 0.46.0, and used the personnel tab to remove their existing custom awards.  Then I exported the 0.46.0's roster to a PRSX file, and closed 0.46.0.  Then, in the 0.48.0 file directory structure, renamed a custom awards XML file to 'standard'.   I then opened 0.48.0 with a more-recent campaign file, and imported the PRSX-based roster, manually added awards back to individual members, assigned techs and MWs to mechs, cleaned up a few more bits, and now "Bob's your uncle."

Some manual rebuilding after re-installation, but I'm back on track, with the icon feature working.

Tripler
If the sequence of events doesn't make sense, I'll switch to decaf. :D

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #66 on: 06 February 2022, 23:20:06 »
Care to explain WHAT YOU DID WRONG so that we, the player base, don't do what you did, apparently? :D
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
« Reply #67 on: 08 February 2022, 10:14:22 »
Yeah, that would kind of help, wouldn't it. . .?

Mistake #1: Using Windows' (on-board) zipper program to unzip the original installation.

Back in March of 2021, I downloaded 0.48.0 Stable, and used Windows' unzipping feature in File Explorer to unpack everything into "C:\Tripler\Games\1\Stable 0.48.0".  As Windchild and Hammer indicated above, Windows does a crappy job--unbeknownst to me at the time--and you should use a different program to cleanly unzip the files. Bottom line: Don't use Windows to unzip stuff.

Mistake #2: Unzipping a new download into a existing directory overwrites critical links.

My original 'fix' was to unzip the new 0.48.0 Stable version into "C:\Tripler\Games\1\Stable 0.48.0".  What I should have done was unzip it into "C:\Tripler\Games\2\Stable 0.48.0" (a different directory) to troubleshoot everything.  My original "fix" overwrote all the original files, including all of the custom edits (rank, awards).  Personnel tables seem to depend on Awards loading cleanly (I had this similar issue before:  https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues/2489 ).  Custom awards don't seem to work well, unless they're saved as a file named "standard" in '\data\universe\awards.' Bottom Line:  Electrons are cheap (and recyclable) so don't overwrite your existing stuff before you know it works--use another location.

Advice:  Save yer custom files somewhere else!:  I've manually gone into the \data\universe\ ranks.xml  file to cut and paste my customized rank into a seperate file, and have saved a copy of my custom awards, both in a separate location.   I also exported personnel to a seperate PSRX file.  It's good to have routine backups. 

So, everything works fine now, including the icons, due to a 'clean' re-install of 0.48.0.

Trip
Lessons Learned.
« Last Edit: 08 February 2022, 18:13:27 by TriplerSDMB »

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #68 on: 08 February 2022, 11:47:26 »
Mistake #2: Unzipping a new download into a existing directory overwrites critical links.

It's the MegaMek version of this!

Every release needs to be in a seperate folder, then move the data over.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: 25 February 2022, 18:23:49 »
So I had  problem with HQ, where I created a scenario mission (1A) played a few turns.. paused the game.., then played a few other missions (2A, 3A, 4A), and resolved them. After finishing these other missions (2A, 3A, 4A), I had lost a few mechs, which then changed the game ID of the mechs used in scenario 1A. So it seems like when I went back to the save of scenario 1A to finish that mission , it seems it no longer resolves, and I think it is due to the change of the game ID of the mechs used, because this is the only thing that is different in the mul files of the units used in Scenario 1A. How can I fix this, so that I can resolve the scenario 1A?

You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #70 on: 25 February 2022, 23:35:41 »
So I had  problem with HQ, where I created a scenario mission (1A) played a few turns.. paused the game.., then played a few other missions (2A, 3A, 4A), and resolved them. After finishing these other missions (2A, 3A, 4A), I had lost a few mechs, which then changed the game ID of the mechs used in scenario 1A. So it seems like when I went back to the save of scenario 1A to finish that mission , it seems it no longer resolves, and I think it is due to the change of the game ID of the mechs used, because this is the only thing that is different in the mul files of the units used in Scenario 1A. How can I fix this, so that I can resolve the scenario 1A?

You've in essence overwritten the save game and to the best of our knowledge there isn't a fix. You could try hand editing the ID's and manual resolve.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: 22 April 2022, 08:25:46 »
an odd error happened. day is 24Jul68. Lot of stuff happening in the sidebar. Hit the button to advance the day and the list STAYS with 25Jul68 appearing abridged into the log (adds a toon to the list of employees, whom you cannot edit) and does not process any repairs that requires an extra day to finish, nor works on the procurement list.

any thoughts?

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #72 on: 22 April 2022, 16:35:00 »
an odd error happened. day is 24Jul68. Lot of stuff happening in the sidebar. Hit the button to advance the day and the list STAYS with 25Jul68 appearing abridged into the log (adds a toon to the list of employees, whom you cannot edit) and does not process any repairs that requires an extra day to finish, nor works on the procurement list.

any thoughts?

There's an exception occurring during new day processing. Please open an issue on the MekHQ tracker with save, logs, and customs.
MegaMek Developer - MekHQ, Personnel, and Internal Focus
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #73 on: 29 May 2022, 16:19:27 »
Yeah, Yeah, but my group still wants to keep using the stable version...

Anyhow, For Every Warship and Dropship, it seems I only get the commanding officer in the list of repair techs for repairing the ship.

Has this, or will this, be corrected?

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Reglor

• Private
« Reply #74 on: 07 June 2022, 17:21:47 »
I just built a new force to play using Campaign Operations and got lucky rolls and managed to get an Invader jumpship.  When I finally entered my force in MekHQ and looked at the contracts I saw they would all be money losers.  After trying to see why, I noticed that even with 100% transport terms, the contract had 0 C-Bills for transport.  I had thought, based on FM:Mercs that if you had your own Jump/Dropships that you just got to pocket the transport payment, not that there would not be any.

Is this the intended play method, that you are penalized for having a jumpship, or is this an oversight that should be fixed?

Edit: just noticed I posted in the wrong thread.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: 19 October 2022, 23:54:37 »
does 0.48.0 (or any version) have the ability to create or deploy the Jormungand-class Blue water cruiser in MMHQ?

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Jormungand

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #76 on: 20 October 2022, 06:47:04 »
does 0.48.0 (or any version) have the ability to create or deploy the Jormungand-class Blue water cruiser in MMHQ?

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Jormungand
Large Naval Support Vehicles have yet to be implemented. I remember hearing some talk of people wanting to add them, but actually implementing them is a PITA, so...
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #77 on: 27 October 2022, 15:34:43 »
Perhaps a stupid question. I haven't touched anything since last year (as apparently I hadn't installed Java since the catastrophic HDD failure last year). I have 0.48, but is there an updated version with more of the later rec guide mechs (I was looking for the 9M Spider particularly) since then? The stable download file date suggested not, but I figured I would ask.

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #78 on: 27 October 2022, 15:51:18 »
The latest version (0.49.10 at time of writing) I believe has all the RecGuide 'Mechs.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #79 on: 27 October 2022, 17:24:25 »
Whelp, since the 49.0 download links have been removed at the moment (according to the 49.0 thread), I guess I'll have to stick with the 5V Spider. Thanks anyway.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #80 on: 28 October 2022, 10:24:46 »
Whelp, since the 49.0 download links have been removed at the moment (according to the 49.0 thread), I guess I'll have to stick with the 5V Spider. Thanks anyway.

This is the most current 49 release here - https://bg.battletech.com/forums/megamek-games/new-development-snapshot-0-49-10-for-megamek-megameklab-and-mekhq/
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

rjhancock

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek Server Guy and Mac Enthusist
« Reply #81 on: 28 October 2022, 10:28:45 »

You can also always look at the https://megamek.org for the latest dev version or the GitHub Release pages.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: 02 November 2022, 18:03:43 »
Curious circumstance.

0.48.0 (FTR)

Limit Units and Parts by Year (Check)
Disallow Extinct Units and Parts (check)
Only Allow Cannon Units for purchase (Check)

Max tech level is Unofficial (atm)

Variable Tech level (Check)
Use faction Intro dates (check)
Use Ammo by Type (Check)

Current Year is 3070 (started 3067)

* Check = Normally the setting i use for this campaign.

Ok i bought a Lineholder LH8 'Linebreaker' from the AH (as a Black Market item). I am about to modded it for reasons and when i look at the setup in the MekLab tab, the RAC/2s (and ammo) have already been removed from the design (the current weight is 38 out of 55) and it was flagged as a Advanced design. Now the mech HAS the RACs when looked at any other tab, otherwise. What's going on?

OK, i saved the game, exited and restarted the last save and it appears to be a normal now in Mek Lab (it's still flagged as Advanced design) but the RAC/2's and ammo reappeared on the criticals) I'm just gonna leave it at that (but you may speculate on what apparently happened (and didn't after the fact)
« Last Edit: 02 November 2022, 18:11:11 by ThePW »

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #83 on: 03 November 2022, 14:15:00 »
Maybe the RACs are flagged as not being available to your faction at this time?
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #84 on: 03 November 2022, 17:28:57 »
Maybe the RACs are flagged as not being available to your faction at this time?

Shooo! Go back to making REALLY COOL maps that you normally do :D 60 x 60 would be nice, please. Maybe from Total Chaos? In fact, that should be your muse: Maps for Total Chaos!!!

I honestly didn't know what occurred because that was the first time I've ever seen that hiccup in 0.48.0 since release. If i see another LH8 in the AH ill test it out again...
« Last Edit: 03 November 2022, 17:30:37 by ThePW »

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #85 on: 11 December 2022, 08:58:06 »
Seems I found an odd bug, Pilots with the Melee Master ability have to repair destroyed limbs in HQ twice...

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #86 on: 13 December 2022, 13:19:27 »
0.48.0 Weirdness...

Previously on Recon (Solaris Troubles).

Our intrepid Mechwarrior, Beeker! and her custom TBT-5S (DHS, 2 SSRM4, 3ML, ECM & BAP with CASE) got tapped from a enemy Tessen with a ECM Pod iNarc Pod... that was annoying.

what was really annoying was later in the match, minus a RA, i found that i could not remove that Pod.

post mission, made all repairs and i sent Beeker out as part of a Strike mission...

I enter battle, still under enemy ECM (and no enemy ECM sources in range). The iNarc Pod is still on me... and worse? I'm not around any structures or trees or limbs on deck, but I still have physicals to cycle through (but brushing off the pod still isn't an available option) so what do i do, besides GM-Mode removal and replacement of the effected mech?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #87 on: 19 December 2022, 12:43:22 »
Post a bug report with the HQ campaign file and the second MM save. Maybe the first as well if you still have it. There was a bug like this I fixed years ago with another item (I think from the coolant failure option). Just make sure to include the name for the MM saves and any customs for HQ.

https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #88 on: 19 December 2022, 12:46:55 »
Post a bug report with the HQ campaign file and the second MM save. Maybe the first as well if you still have it. There was a bug like this I fixed years ago with another item (I think from the coolant failure option). Just make sure to include the name for the MM saves and any customs for HQ.

https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues

The bug was only for the instance. When i saved and played later in the day, the iNarc was gone. I suppose the fact that it wasn't removable, by itself is a bug...?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #89 on: 19 December 2022, 14:16:49 »
So one of those odd save and reload bugs? Strange, but there are several pita bugs like that.

Register