Author Topic: Getting replacement parts?  (Read 2193 times)

Bongfu

• Warrant Officer
  • Commander of the Crater Cats
    • North Texas Battletech
Getting replacement parts?
« on: 05 February 2016, 00:44:36 »
So I dug out some of my old minis recently to complete my 8th Sword of Light battalion. One of them, my Gunslinger, is missing some pieces. The gun pods have all but disappeared (probably hiding in the same place my missing Warhawk is). Does IWM have a system where I can get replacement parts like this? I don't mind even paying for them (not like it was there fault... I blame my cats).
North Texas Battletech

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Getting replacement parts?
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2016, 01:22:15 »
Best bet is probably to e-mail Melissa at Iron Wind directly (officewench@ironwindmetals.com). Melissa is NOT a Battletech player, so she doesn't know details about the Mechs the way we do, so what I always advise people is to give her the miniature's ID number (I looked up the Gunslinger-it's number AR2-620) and explain the parts you need. I also like to try to pull a picture of a completed mini off Camospecs, then use MS Paint to circle the parts I need in case she needs to be able to see the shape of what she's looking for. Offering her bribes of alcohol, first-born children, or world domination can help considerably. ;)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2016, 06:47:21 »
Please see the IWM General Info thread at the top of the forum. It has the link to submitting issues with order or missing parts. That is your best way to get it resolved. Melissa gets a lot of emails daily plus recently her PC has been having some problems.

Bongfu

• Warrant Officer
  • Commander of the Crater Cats
    • North Texas Battletech
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2016, 10:35:23 »
Danke
North Texas Battletech

Register