Author Topic: What did you just eat?  (Read 102 times)

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
What did you just eat?
« on: 17 May 2024, 14:28:51 »
Is a food thread, OK? Here goes...  :grin:

Friday, and I bought a box of KFC chicken for us. I cook my own gravy and mash taters, plus make my own slaw too. The third world country I'm in doesn't have the damn biscuits, so I'll just stick with the mash for carbs.

elf25s

• Major
Re: What did you just eat?
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2024, 14:41:19 »
the barbarians!
no biscuts?

you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2024, 15:36:04 »
beer

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2024, 15:52:24 »
Korean BBQ flavored smashed ramen noodle snack with sweetened barley tea and a boiled sweet potato.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2024, 17:36:36 »
Everclear and cream soda... ;)

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2024, 18:35:07 »
potatos sprinkled with fresh dill weed with side
hot itallan(cooked) sausages cut and chopped breaded in rye bread crumbs while it soaked in with mashed garlic fried in sun flower oil(temp is different with different oils and taste too) stir fried with raw sliced turnip....and on the side chopped chives then lightly seared red and yellow peppers with black ground pepper and raw onion
saurkraut mixed with grated carrot(raw) diced granny smith apple all mixed with 4 table spoons of white sugar let to sit for 2 hours before serving in fridge...mix again before serving to get the juices even out
and summer drink kompot chilled from strawberries and leftover granny smith apple...added to much clove tho smell is bit strong oth i will be drinking that for few days since i made 3 gallons. my neighbors already smelled it and are knocking to get  cup or two...and like hell i am sharing
(kompot is a polish drink its made usually out of dried fruit cooked and boiled either one or more fruits...depending on family some use honey or sugar adding cloves and if you have lime or orange rimes/just small bit to add flavor/...recepies vary spring through summer drink is served room temp or chilled fall winter piping hot...each family recepie is individual but main thing remains ingredients are dried fruit and cloves)

i was undecided if i should make a pork or beef cutlet....but did not feel like tenderizing either one with a mallet

made soup mushroom earlier with beef sausage base mostly vegitables

so start with soup finish with potatoes meat dish veggies and salad drink it with compot
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2024, 19:05:46 »
I had Long John Silvers a fish fast food restaurant and I got chicken!
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2024, 19:45:16 »
I had Long John Silvers a fish fast food restaurant and I got chicken!
front or rear chicken legs?

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2024, 21:08:49 »
Everclear and cream soda... ;)
You sir, are my hero.  :smilie_happy_clapping:
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2024, 21:10:54 »
Is a food thread, OK? Here goes...  :grin:

Left over Dominos in the toaster oven.
Yesterday was an exhausting day & I didn't have it in me to cook that night.
So now I have left overs all weekend.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Garrand

• Warrant Officer
  • "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2024, 22:30:31 »
Friday, and I bought a box of KFC chicken for us. I cook my own gravy and mash taters, plus make my own slaw too. The third world country I'm in doesn't have the damn biscuits, so I'll just stick with the mash for carbs.

In Ecuador, you can get KFC with rice!

I don't remember biscuits there either...

Damon.
Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com
Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2024, 22:58:54 »
A crunch drumstick for dessert (vanilla)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2024, 23:23:41 »
I went out to Mexican for dinner and had a seafood chimichanga.  Haven't had one in years, don't plan to have one again for years.  I like them, but they sure don't do my health any favors.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman