Author Topic: Hibernaculum: (Vacation) Home of Clan Star Adder  (Read 26121 times)

Wotan

• Lieutenant
Re: Hibernaculum: (Vacation) Home of Clan Star Adder
« Reply #240 on: 20 May 2024, 16:11:14 »
I prefer the 3rd. I have to see the new one in my hands to argue on this.
The 2nd was a bit fragil, the 1st ... i don't speak of the 1st...

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #241 on: 21 May 2024, 07:01:57 »
I prefer the 3rd. I have to see the new one in my hands to argue on this.
The 2nd was a bit fragil, the 1st ... i don't speak of the 1st...

This fragility of the 2nd is what I especially like. It gives the idea of agility to an Assault-class Mech. And due to this smaller silhouette it will be harder to get hit thant the more massive form.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #242 on: 24 May 2024, 12:15:48 »
During the Wars of Reaving there was an alliance between both Clans, including a future deal that both Clans might cooperate whne the invasion might continue.

Assumed, there will be a war between the Hell´s Horses and the ilClan Wolves (nuSLDF included), would the Hell`s Horses call for help from the Star Adders?
Could this be the opportunity to get the Home Clans back into the story?
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #243 on: 24 May 2024, 14:59:57 »
Ooh. Ooh! Interesting thought. What a tantalizing possibility!

IIRC, the agreement was that when the Homeworlds invaded, the Adders wouldn't go through the HHOZ, so that's not actually what I'd call an alliance, at least no more than the 'alliance' the Hellions and Horses had when they invaded the Falcons. Politically that could also be very dangerous for the Adders, champions of the Bastion movement, shown to have secret dealings with a Tainted, Abjured Clan, I'm sure they'd catch all kinds of heat at home for that revelation if it ever came out.

It also seems like we are a good, long while before the Wolves and the Horses get a chance to fight, so I'm also hoping there is some sort of further developments with this aspect of the story before then.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #244 on: 24 May 2024, 22:17:27 »
Although it could work that the Homeworld Clans are still in secret contact with the CHH I would personally want some sourcebooks or stories to hint towards that relationship.  We may see a conflict with the CHh and the CW both need to deal with internal and external threats to the respected territory before going to war.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #245 on: Today at 01:20:05 »
Isn't CHH gearing up for some Periphery action ?

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #246 on: Today at 05:48:51 »
The writers have basically already said that they don't want an Operation Revival 2.0 "aka the Homeworld Clans are invading the Inner Sphere". They'd rather come up with something new or different and they don't know what that will be. Until they come up with something they REALLY like, we probably won't hear from the Homeworld Clans.

I can't remember where this info popped up now but it wasn't that long ago. If anyone can recall the interview/conversation and its source?

I probably should keep a link to that handy...

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #247 on: Today at 06:51:16 »
It was from an interview on Sarna, which I first heard about in this very thread...

At sarna.net there is an interesting long interview with Ray Arrastia and Aaron Cahall (Line Developer and Assistant Line Developer).
https://www.sarna.net/news/battletech-in-2024-an-interview-with-line-developer-ray-arrastia-assistant-line-developer-aaron-cahall/

Among some other info, they were asked about the Home Clans and they answered
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #248 on: Today at 07:28:21 »
Isn't CHH gearing up for some Periphery action ?

From what I got from Tamar Rising there is movement from the Periphery but the CHH are more concerned about Alaric and his allies.  Thanks to the blackout and lack of a Watch outside their territory they don’t know of his rejection of the Ghost Bears and the Capellan build up.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #249 on: Today at 09:24:57 »
From what I got from Tamar Rising there is movement from the Periphery but the CHH are more concerned about Alaric and his allies.  Thanks to the blackout and lack of a Watch outside their territory they don’t know of his rejection of the Ghost Bears and the Capellan build up.

Do we know the Horses' Watch doesn't extend outside of their territory? That would seem to be kind of silly, especially given that the Blackout would give every faction even more of a reason to keep an eye on their neighbors. And even with the Blackout, I highly doubt that the Horses are completely unaware of the Bears' internal issues, given how widespread they were throughout the Dominion.

As far as Alaric goes, the end of the Horses novel indicates that while they're still not planning to bend the knee to Alaric, they're at least trying to be a little more diplomatic now that Gottfried Amirault is gone and have no intention to start a conflict there. On top of that, the Wolves clearly have bigger fish to fry than the Horses right now anyway, and the Horses have more immediate concerns closer to home (the factions in the Hinterlands, the goings on in the Barrens, etc).

The Horses calling in the Home Clans seems like a complete reach at this point. Whatever "alliance" they had with the Adders (and I wouldn't even have called it that, really), if it hadn't already been severed by the WoR and the Horses being Abjured by the Home Clans, is clearly decades and decades past its shelf life by now. And I would certainly hope that the Horses, given their experiences with Malvina and the fact that the Home Clans are just as happy now to employ orbital bombardment and the like, wouldn't be stupid enough to invite that kind of trouble to their doorstep again.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:26:32 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #250 on: Today at 13:55:05 »
If their conflict with Alaric is going to be bad for them (what I think is quite an educated guess) and if they stand with their back to the wall after losing much of their touman and worlds, they might be as desparate as trying to call for help. Even for help from the Clan Home Worlds.

The Horses are described as the most conservative Clan in the Inner Sphere (now where the Jade Falcons have changed so dramatically). This might get them support/sympathy for their cause from the Home Clans.

And do not forget, Abjured Clanners might get adopted again into. Why not whole Clans, their is not law/rule against.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #251 on: Today at 14:46:44 »
If their conflict with Alaric is going to be bad for them (what I think is quite an educated guess) and if they stand with their back to the wall after losing much of their touman and worlds, they might be as desparate as trying to call for help. Even for help from the Clan Home Worlds.

Again, there's absolutely no reason to think that any of this is true. The Horses aren't trying to pursue a conflict with the Wolves per the end of the Horses' novel, Alaric certainly has more immediate concerns right now (the Capellans), and there's just no logical reason why the Horses would reach out to the Home Clans. Wishful thinking at best.

The Horses are described as the most conservative Clan in the Inner Sphere (now where the Jade Falcons have changed so dramatically). This might get them support/sympathy for their cause from the Home Clans.

No they aren't. The Horses are actually described as quite liberal. If I had to guess the most conservative Spheroid Clan, I'd say the Bears or Wolves or even the Ravens before the Horses.
« Last Edit: Today at 14:53:33 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Register