Author Topic: (Answered) Internal Bomb Bay ground fire damage rolls  (Read 419 times)

Sleet01

• Recruit
(Answered) Internal Bomb Bay ground fire damage rolls
« on: 04 December 2023, 16:29:49 »
Strategic Operations says,

However, in the turn that ordnance is being dropped, there is a danger that ground fire will hit the exposed bay. 
On a roll of 10+, damage received from ground fire will strike the open bay and detonate all bombs remaining.
The resulting damage is applied directly to the unit’s SI.

Does this mean there is a single 10+ roll at the end of each turn where the unit drops bombs and takes ground fire damage, or
does it mean that there is one 10+ roll per instance of damage received from ground fire during a turn when the bay is opened?

Thanks!

Edit 2023/12/20: after some testing, I'm going ahead with "one roll per turn when ground-to-air damage was received", as the alternative is almost universally fatal for bombers.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2024, 15:46:56 by Hammer »
- I laughed, I cried, I fell down, it changed my life... it was good!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: (Research) Internal Bomb Bay ground fire damage rolls
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2024, 15:46:45 »
Hi,

Errata is going to be issued to clarify this.

"However, in the turn that ordnance is being dropped, there is a danger that ground fire will hit the exposed bay. On a roll of 10+, damage received from ground fire will strike the open bay and detonate all bombs remaining. The resulting damage is applied directly to the unit’s SI."

CHANGE TO

"If damage was received from ground fire in the turn that ordnance is being dropped, roll 2d6 at the end of the Weapons Phase. On a result of 10+, the open bay was struck and all remaining bombs detonate. The resulting damage is applied directly to the unit’s SI."

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Register