Author Topic: (Answered) Internal Bomb Bay and Cargo critical hits  (Read 517 times)

Sleet01

• Recruit
(Answered) Internal Bomb Bay and Cargo critical hits
« on: 20 December 2023, 12:36:56 »
When an aerospace unit with one or more internal cargo bays, the Internal Bomb Bay quirk, and mounted internal bombs takes a Cargo critical hit (Total Warfare pp. 237, 239), what is the intended effect:

1. 1 bomb is destroyed, as per T.W. Bomb critical rule (controlling player decides which bomb is destroyed)
2. N % of bombs are destroyed, as per T.W. Cargo and Bomb critical rules (controlling player decides which are destroyed)
3. N % of bombs _explode_, as per T.W. Cargo critical rules and Strategic Operations Internal Bomb Bay rules (pg. 195)
4. All remaining bombs explode, as per StratOps Internal Bomb Bay rules (pg. 195)

#4 seems like the simplest to play and implement, as it behaves the same way as the IBB explosion rule.  #3 seems funnier, somehow.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2024, 15:40:20 by Hammer »
- I laughed, I cried, I fell down, it changed my life... it was good!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: (Research) Internal Bomb Bay and Cargo critical hits
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2024, 15:40:09 »
Cargo Bay crits and Internal Bomb Bay hits are two different things with two different rolls.

If you are dropping bombs and ground fire hits you and rolls Cargo Bay, the procedure is this:

1: Roll for critical hits. If any are scored, destroy the appropriate amount of bombs, but per the rules for Bomb crits, these do not explode, they're simply gone.
2: If any bombs remain after this, make the Internal Bomb Bay roll. On a 10+, all the bombs now remaining explode and bad things happen.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Sleet01

• Recruit
Re: (Answered) Internal Bomb Bay and Cargo critical hits
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2024, 15:47:17 »
Wilco, thanks!
- I laughed, I cried, I fell down, it changed my life... it was good!

Register