Author Topic: Congratulations to Jason Hansa  (Read 4210 times)

Hotham

• Master Sergeant
Congratulations to Jason Hansa
« on: 17 April 2023, 03:28:21 »
If I'm correct, the upcoming Corrupted Honor will the first full-length novel from Mr. Hansa. There's been a bit of talk in the community about Bryan Young being the best Clan writer Catalyst currently has, but I feel many people have overlook Mr. Hansa's shorter work. After reading the quality of that work, his novel is the one I'm looking forward to the most. So good luck and happy writing.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2023, 09:16:37 by Hotham »
"My mother told me to never throw stones at Davions. But my father told me, aim for their heads." - Daoshen Liao

"Call me, when you need me." - Danai Centrella-Liao

"Bath him, then bring him to my chambers." - Romano Liao

The Warrior Houses are the closest thing BattleTech has to the Jedi Order. Change my mind.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Congratulations to Jason Hansa
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2023, 00:54:48 »
I recently read "A Trial Most Acceptable", and it was simply fantastic. As a Hell's Horses fan, a ProtoMech fan, and a Clan fan in general, I think he did an amazing job drawing on the source material and getting the all the little details just right.

Corrupted Honor? Where can I read more about this?
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2023, 03:16:58 »
It's one of the Wars of Reaving novels that was announced as part of the 8 million goal for the Kickstarter.  It's still happening but we're not getting free copies because the 8 million goal wasn't reached.  The other books are Poisoned Honour by Craig L Reed and Shattered Honour by Philip A Lee
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2023, 04:41:08 »
Are the novels only for backers? Will they ever be made available for purchase by the general public? Because I am very interested in WoR fiction!
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2023, 04:51:19 »
Are the novels only for backers? Will they ever be made available for purchase by the general public? Because I am very interested in WoR fiction!

They're explicitly not going to be for backers because that pledge level wasn't reached.  I'd assume they'll have a standard ebook and PoD release.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2023, 23:25:19 »
Congratulations to Mr. Hansa, I've quite liked his work over the years with Clanners. Years back I remember hoping that a BT writer would tackle the  famous football match on Sheliak, and then Hansa delivered with "Three Points of Pride."

They're explicitly not going to be for backers because that pledge level wasn't reached.  I'd assume they'll have a standard ebook and PoD release.

Hopefully. Very much looking forward to seeing the Wars of Reaving in fiction form at last. Based on the three authors' prior work I figure it's in good hands.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2023, 23:02:35 »
If I'm correct, the upcoming Corrupted Honor will the first full-length novel from Mr. Hansa. There's been a bit of talk in the community about Bryan Young being the best Clan writer Catalyst currently has, but I feel many people have overlook Mr. Hansa's shorter work. After reading the quality of that work, his novel is the one I'm looking forward to the most. So good luck and happy writing.

WHOA!  I totally missed this post and I apologize!

Thank you so much!  It means a lot that readers have been connecting with my work: I just try to write the best stories I can, you know, and hope they speak to some of the readers!

I'm super excited about this project, it's a crazy era to be writing in and I'm glad they asked me to be part of the project.

Thank you again for the post!

Register