Author Topic: Coming soon new IWM webstore  (Read 17420 times)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Coming soon new IWM webstore
« on: 04 November 2020, 08:56:51 »
This month IWM will be switching to the new online store that is part of the Frontend. I will be posting the date soon, we are finishing up training on the new backend for IWM personal who pull and ship orders.

As I mentioned you will need to register a new user account for the new store. Customers with Gift Voucher credit will have it added to there new accounts after you contact me when your account is registered. More details about this and for CDT Agents will be on the page after initial login on the new store.

sadlerbw

• Captain
Re: Coming soon new IWM webstore
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2020, 22:20:35 »
Ooooooooo! Aaaaaaaah! I know this has been in the works for a while. Glad to hear it is finally going live.

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2020, 00:06:22 »
I placed an order yesterday to use up all my credit  :thumbsup:

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #3 on: 06 November 2020, 17:09:12 »
So if we've been using the shopping cart as a wishlist we should screenshot now, I take it?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2020, 19:42:23 »
So if we've been using the shopping cart as a wishlist we should screenshot now, I take it?

Yes, the new store will have wish list option.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2020, 17:37:04 »
Yes, the new store will have wish list option.
Glad to hear it -- but I meant, "Are the contents of our old shopping carts going to carry over?" (Presuming not, I have taken a screenshot of the old one so I can turn it into a wish list later.)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2020, 03:54:31 »
Given that we'll have to make new accounts I'd say that it's unlikely that cart contents will carry over.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2020, 22:25:18 »
See the Announcement

New store will be opening up on Wednesday Evening. Fun times.....

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #8 on: 23 November 2020, 08:18:52 »
Cool.  Hope everything goes smoothly!  :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 25 November 2020, 16:00:22 »
The IWM webstore just sent me an invoice from 15 years ago.  Maybe it knows what is about to happen to it, and this is its last act of defiance. xp

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: 25 November 2020, 20:46:19 »
New online store is open, New Online Store and link to Login / Register page to create an account.

For the next week or two all of the previous Battletech Limited Edition Mechs will be available for sale.

Here is the Annoucement, on there is the coupon code for 15% off and $80+ order of product from now through Monday.
« Last Edit: 26 November 2020, 08:15:06 by speck »

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #11 on: 25 November 2020, 21:07:27 »
The IWM webstore just sent me an invoice from 15 years ago.  Maybe it knows what is about to happen to it, and this is its last act of defiance. xp
Well, at least you didn't get a visit from Comstar, right?   :thumbsup:

"Pay your Bills . . . !"
"Sir! I have children here!"
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #12 on: 25 November 2020, 21:19:19 »
I just tried to set up an account, but selecting "United States of America" as my country just gives me the option for US Minor Outlying Islands.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: 25 November 2020, 21:25:05 »
I just tried to set up an account, but selecting "United States of America" as my country just gives me the option for US Minor Outlying Islands.

By default the Country is set to United States of America, and then below that you select the state. If you select US Minor Outlying Islands there will be different options in the drop down below it.

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 25 November 2020, 21:44:17 »
When I went there, the Country field was defaulted to United States of America, but the State field only had the outlying islands. Manually changing country to something else, then back to USA populated the States field options correctly.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: 25 November 2020, 21:47:01 »
When I went there, the Country field was defaulted to United States of America, but the State field only had the outlying islands. Manually changing country to something else, then back to USA populated the States field options correctly.

Interesting, I have looked the registration page in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari and it is displaying correctly for me.

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 25 November 2020, 21:49:54 »
I used Firefox 83.0 64 bit

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 25 November 2020, 21:52:42 »
Everything populated correctly in Chrome

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #18 on: 25 November 2020, 22:30:14 »

That fixed it for me, too.

Nips

• Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 25 November 2020, 23:08:24 »
Alright, this new web store and I are not off to a great start.

Tried to create a new login.  State field goofed up, as described by other.  Failed to make a new password four times, because my typical rubrics apparently do not generate a password that the site thinks is appropriate.  Eventually had a strong password randomly generated for me, and stored it for safekeeping....because I'll sure as hell never be able to remember it.

The new interface is clunky, with a ton of wasted space due to its graphical presentation.  And...is there NO search function?  At all?  So if I'm looking for something particular, I need to know what category it's in, and then use my browser page search function?  Seems not great.

I'll keep trudging along, but not making a great first impression here.

I'm on mobile, Chrome on Android.
Proud Paper-Pusher of the Oosik Irregulars

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #20 on: 25 November 2020, 23:19:55 »
Alright, this new web store and I are not off to a great start.

Tried to create a new login.  State field goofed up, as described by other.  Failed to make a new password four times, because my typical rubrics apparently do not generate a password that the site thinks is appropriate.  Eventually had a strong password randomly generated for me, and stored it for safekeeping....because I'll sure as hell never be able to remember it.

The new interface is clunky, with a ton of wasted space due to its graphical presentation.  And...is there NO search function?  At all?  So if I'm looking for something particular, I need to know what category it's in, and then use my browser page search function?  Seems not great.

I'll keep trudging along, but not making a great first impression here.

I'm on mobile, Chrome on Android.

The search had a issue and it is working now, it is above the shopping cart on the side. It will display at the bottom in mobile browsers.

I also added a Search link to the main menu.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2020, 23:25:27 by speck »

Nips

• Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 25 November 2020, 23:53:59 »
Okay, I gave it a look over.  It wasn't immediately obvious, but I figured out to select "Product" from the "Search Only" options and a search for "Wolverine" brought up all the Wolverine models.  However a similar search for "Griffin" doesn't seem to find the new -1N model that's in the New Releases.
Proud Paper-Pusher of the Oosik Irregulars

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: 25 November 2020, 23:58:47 »
Okay, I gave it a look over.  It wasn't immediately obvious, but I figured out to select "Product" from the "Search Only" options and a search for "Wolverine" brought up all the Wolverine models.  However a similar search for "Griffin" doesn't seem to find the new -1N model that's in the New Releases.

Fixed, I forgot to fix the spelling. I uploaded it wrong to old store and new store when I added it.

I plan to do more with search, but had to get the store open finally.

I did create Filters for BT, when viewing a category with products in it, the filter shows up at the top.

Snake Eyes

• Lieutenant
  • I am here to keep the peace
« Reply #23 on: 26 November 2020, 07:13:19 »
So, because this is a new online store, does that mean my previous sign-in credentials is obsolete?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #24 on: 26 November 2020, 07:52:24 »
You have to make a new account

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: 26 November 2020, 08:18:20 »
So, because this is a new online store, does that mean my previous sign-in credentials is obsolete?

Yes, we moved to a new platform and software for the online store.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: 26 November 2020, 11:48:13 »
This is a minor issue, but just so you are aware of it Speck:

I registered a new account (and I saw the same country/state field issue as MoneyLovinOgre4Hire and CranstonSnord reported). When got the confirmation email and clicked the link to activate my account I was taken to a page that said my account was activated. (This is all good.)

The issue is that when I clicked the link to take me to the login page from the "account activated" page, I got an error saying that I lacked permission for some resource.

edit:
Actually, maybe it logged me in? I see a logout link at the top of the screen, but when I clock on "my account" it says that returning customers are required to register. When I clicked logout, I seem to be unable to log back in using my new credentials. I'll experiment more before I declare an actual problem)
« Last Edit: 26 November 2020, 11:49:45 by klarg1 »

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #27 on: 26 November 2020, 12:19:44 »
This is a minor issue, but just so you are aware of it Speck:

I registered a new account (and I saw the same country/state field issue as MoneyLovinOgre4Hire and CranstonSnord reported). When got the confirmation email and clicked the link to activate my account I was taken to a page that said my account was activated. (This is all good.)

The issue is that when I clicked the link to take me to the login page from the "account activated" page, I got an error saying that I lacked permission for some resource.

edit:
Actually, maybe it logged me in? I see a logout link at the top of the screen, but when I clock on "my account" it says that returning customers are required to register. When I clicked logout, I seem to be unable to log back in using my new credentials. I'll experiment more before I declare an actual problem)

I will double check things on the backend. When you are logged in you will see the logout link at the top.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 27 November 2020, 18:33:56 »
Speck,
Things seem to work for me after a little bit of fiddling. Thanks for responding so fast during a holiday week!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #29 on: 27 November 2020, 18:51:13 »
Had no problems on my end.   Be nice if we could submit our pledge payments through the site though!

Register