Author Topic: templar finished.  (Read 1985 times)

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
templar finished.
« on: 30 March 2019, 09:36:07 »
« Last Edit: 14 April 2019, 10:30:49 by agen2 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: templar wip
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2019, 10:19:15 »
In progress?  I think it looks "almost complete"!  Gorgeous weathering!  :thumbsup:

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2019, 15:37:49 »
Your painting is excellent as always. I just feel no Templar is complete without after-market legs. The legs & hip from a DA Raider work suprisingly well as a base to work from; those clown feet & legs make the mini so static (given there's not a lot of mobility in the arms either).
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2019, 05:06:24 »
Your painting is excellent as always. I just feel no Templar is complete without after-market legs. The legs & hip from a DA Raider work suprisingly well as a base to work from; those clown feet & legs make the mini so static (given there's not a lot of mobility in the arms either).

That's why the base at the feet it has been removed hoping on a better pose.I want to save an original sculpt by the way-even if far from my interest btw,a lance of this omnii with some kitbashed  version modifified and maybe different kind of legs.I don't find the legs itself unpleasant,but the posture.

Pooman

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2019, 21:30:31 »
I just finished a Templar yesterday which I might post on here at some stage. I see you went with the "England Flag" look as well.

What do you think of the model? Personally, I was less than impressed. Too top heavy and a little bit gaudy. Still, beast of a mech and yours is looking ace as well.
PM me if you live in Perth Western Australia and are after a game. Please!

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2019, 02:17:14 »
I just finished a Templar yesterday which I might post on here at some stage. I see you went with the "England Flag" look as well.

What do you think of the model? Personally, I was less than impressed. Too top heavy and a little bit gaudy. Still, beast of a mech and yours is looking ace as well.

all in all it is a nica miniature, and as you said, probably very flamboyant and extreme as a sculpture, but for this very reason I saw it come with a challenge opportunity.In my personal opinion it is a must to have to paint it with separate arms to be able to exalt the characteristics in the best way.

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
Re: templar finished.
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2019, 10:33:28 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2019, 10:40:04 »
Very nice!  And I have to say... that light pole is doomed...  ;D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 14 April 2019, 11:58:29 »
 :o :thumbsup:

thecybersmily

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 14 April 2019, 21:41:00 »
Really amazing stuff.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #10 on: 14 April 2019, 22:32:24 »
That is just a brilliant job.  Truly excellent work! 8) :thumbsup: :clap:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Pooman

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 16 April 2019, 07:28:50 »
Faultless stuff. Well worth the time and effort.
PM me if you live in Perth Western Australia and are after a game. Please!

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 16 April 2019, 20:09:36 »
WOW! really WOW! very sweet! :thumbsup: