Author Topic: Heavy Duty v. Armored Gyro  (Read 104 times)

Hazard Pay

• Warrant Officer
Heavy Duty v. Armored Gyro
« on: 02 May 2024, 10:18:35 »
As the title says, which do you think is better? Armored Gyros add 2t for a standard gyro, 1t for Compact (on top of the +50% weight of the Compact Gyro) and 3t for XL Gyros, which counters the weight loss the XLG grants.

Conversely the HD Gyro doubles weight for about the same effect, with the real benefit coming from if you’re running something with a 1t Gyro like an Urbanmech become a 2t.

I read the rules and they seem to operate roughly identical to one another.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
Re: Heavy Duty v. Armored Gyro
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2024, 13:23:35 »
It is not something you need to think about much - armored gyro is always better for it grants the better effect for the lighter weight. The only time you ever consider a heavy gyro is when you make it armored as well for you are really fear for losing the gyro for a random reason.

Also heavy duty gyro does not have the same effect with the armored component; it's inferior to armored component due to it only makes the mech sustains 1 more gyro hit and it also cause the bad effect. While every single critical of armored part soaks a critical individually and leave the component all safe.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2024, 14:25:39 »
As I'm a huge fan of Compact Gyros, I have to go Armored by default.

Not to say HD doesn't have its uses.  Just that I prefer Compact for the crit space so I have to go Armored as well.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Lycanphoenix

• Sergeant
  • Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
    • Message me on Telegram
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2024, 20:57:58 »
Armored Compact Gyro wins out over Heavy-Duty Gyro any day.
Now an Armored Heavy-Duty Gyro on the other hand... That's a different story.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2024, 20:59:46 by Lycanphoenix »

Register