Author Topic: Think I found the ultimate large-scale map  (Read 3250 times)

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
Think I found the ultimate large-scale map
« on: 04 July 2019, 04:58:50 »
Was out for the day yesterday, and I noticed something about the wall decoration in the café we stopped off for lunch at:

Each hex was about 12"/30cm across, and the wall itself was about two stories high. So, if you could lay it on its side and used the old Matchbox RoboTech miniatures, it would probably make for a truly epic game.
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
Re: Think I found the ultimate large-scale map
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2019, 10:19:37 »
Getting it on/off the wall would be a pain.

Unless you magnetized it. (It works for 'Mech arms and tank turrets, why not maps too? ;) )
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2019, 14:44:33 »
Years ago someone had a picture of a town square which had been paved with hexagonal concrete slabs. By chance, the slabs were at about the right proportions to the people walking across it, to be at the same ratio to a 10m 'Mech walking in 30m hexes. My google-fu has failed to find it, alas ...

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2019, 14:54:44 »
Years ago someone had a picture of a town square which had been paved with hexagonal concrete slabs. By chance, the slabs were at about the right proportions to the people walking across it, to be at the same ratio to a 10m 'Mech walking in 30m hexes. My google-fu has failed to find it, alas ...

W.

Human BattleTech!
People either wear shirts with their 'Mech printed on it.

And no, melee combat does not involve actually kicking and punching other 'Mechs, err, i mean people.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2019, 17:55:52 »
I always liked this one better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCpMaoVx4uY

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2019, 18:07:58 »
Good thing it didn't come with a command console, I don't think the engine would have enough power to move ;D

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #7 on: 12 July 2019, 18:10:43 »
I'd have given him maybe half a dozen steps with the pilots he chose..  ;D

Register