Author Topic: Another Battle Done in San Diego  (Read 3263 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Another Battle Done in San Diego
« on: 12 November 2018, 12:18:41 »
Good day fellow mechwarriors.  Our little group squeezed another round of Alpha Strike in yesterday.  This time we went back in time to the early days of the Reunification War; Star League vs Rim Worlds Republic.  Using a Rim Worlds raid into Lyran space as the backdrop, we came up with a little mini-campaign.  Yesterday's scenario was the Rim Worlds units raiding the spaceport on the planet of Alarion.  Rim Worlds units had to capture two warehouses and hold off the SLDF until turn 8 for the mission to be a success.  The outcome would affect what the scenario would be in the next game.

The RWR units were successful in holding their objective, but not before taking some losses.  They lost over a lance compared to the SLDF only losing two mechs.  And that will make the next mission tougher.  They will have to defend their landing zone from the approaching SLDF in the next game.  Pictures are attached. 8)  Proxies were in use if anyone is curious as to the mini selection.

It was a fun game as always.  My thanks to fellow forum members koalabirb and JamesPryde for coming out and playing.  Looking forward to the next battle! :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Another Battle Done in San Diego
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2018, 12:19:16 »
And a few more.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2019, 00:37:30 »
And we're back!  We managed to get in part 2 of our match this past weekend.  The Rim Worlds force had to hold the line against the approaching SLDF.  Sadly, with the losses taken in the first battle, the Rim forces were unable to complete their objective.  The SLDF units were able to move past and make it to the Rim Worlds landing zone.  Still a fun game though. :thumbsup:  Pictures are attached.

Getting this game in was a bit of a challenge.  We were unaware of the major Magic release that went down this weekend, so there were no tables available at any of the game shops.  Ended up back at my house for it, after much driving.  Ahh, what we do for Battletech. ;)

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2019, 09:39:14 »
  Ahh, what we do for Battletech. ;)
Is totally worth it.

Did those Heavies just "Turtle" their way to Victory?

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2019, 10:27:34 »
Yes they did.  I was on the Rim Worlds side and with the losses we took in the first match, we ended being severely outweighed by the SLDF for the second round.  But we gave it our best shot.  You never know what might happen with the dice. :D

Register