Author Topic: Objective Raids update?  (Read 1206 times)

KaiserDunk

• Master Sergeant
Objective Raids update?
« on: 04 October 2018, 14:20:16 »
I couldn't find a place on this board to ask this, but since it factors into my own designs, I figured it might be best to start here.

Way back in 1992, FASA published a BattleTech sourcebook titled Objective Raids that included a wide amount of both the frontline forces of the various factions, as well as the manufacturers, weapons, and components named in the various TROs up to that time (2750, 3025, 3026, 3050, 3055, and 3057).   However, to the best of my knowledge there has been no updated version to include any of the in-universe story updates since just before the end of the Clan Invasion storyline.   Does anyone know if there has been an update to this incredibly helpful sourcebook published, whether by FASA, WizKids/Fanpro, or Catalyst Came Labs?

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Objective Raids update?
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2018, 14:25:40 »
No updates, and the book itself is something of secondary canon only due to its errors.
There is a fan-made book though: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Objective_Raids:_3067
Maybe that is of some help, despite not being canon.

There is also a series of Objectives: [Faction] PDFs by CGL that are apparently similar in style.

KaiserDunk

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2018, 16:38:25 »
Thank you.   That is very informative.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2018, 20:45:55 »
No updates, and the book itself is something of secondary canon only due to its errors.
There is a fan-made book though: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Objective_Raids:_3067
Maybe that is of some help, despite not being canon.

There is also a series of Objectives: [Faction] PDFs by CGL that are apparently similar in style.

I think most people who have DLed MadCap's work privately consider it cannon for house rules and such (it is a brilliant piece of work)...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2018, 01:15:44 »
To reiterate what's already written in the Sarna article, CGL was sufficiently impressed to imvite MadCap to their MUL team to keep tabs on production (to the limited extent this is possible, or even desirable, for BattleTech).

My personal impression is that even CGL basically built on his work, without officially endorsing it. There may be a handful of secret behind-the-scenes infos, but by and large OR:3067 seems to be the most comprehensive attempt to bring order to the chaos.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Register