Author Topic: You know you play too much Battletech when...  (Read 15953 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: You know you play too much Battletech when...
« Reply #60 on: 01 March 2012, 20:11:53 »
When you finish playing a game of BattleTech, which has to be continued another day because I only killed one opposing 'Mech, and then you immediately have to get onto ClassicBattleTech.com to talk about what happened in the game you just played.
I'm close.
"When you kill a mech w/ the 1st hit & continue to roll all the damage, (to see if you could salvage it)........ and its only a pickup game, not a campaign!"

As you begin laying out the minis for your combined arms battalion, and find that you've enough minis for a reinforced combined arms Regiment.
*true story: the minis, they just accumulate* 
Its because you stored the male P-Hawks and the female P-Hawks in the same container,  they breed baby Stingers if you don't keep them separated.  ^-^

When you design mechs in your head on car trips because you have all the weights, critical slots, and weapon stats memorized. 
YES,  and sitting at my desk at work.......and well,  pretty much ALL the time really.

When you re-tile the floor in your house with those little hex shaped tiles so that you can have a large enough map for all the the custom terrain you scratch-built.
Oh wow,  such a great idea !!!!
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #61 on: 02 March 2012, 02:49:38 »
You realize that when you put the minis you're taking to a game in the back of your car, the nose points up.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Khymerion

• Captain
    • The Iron Hack
« Reply #62 on: 02 March 2012, 13:00:46 »
When you haven't finished coloring elevations or labeling terrain on two of your custom maps, and you start having ideas for three more custom maps... 8)

When all your old paper maps have on their backs components to one large campaign sized map and then wish you could find more to keep drawing and coloring because the city might need suburbs or a place for the highway and train lines to go... cursing the new style for not having blank hexes to draw on.
"Any sufficiently rigorously defined magic is indistinguishable from technology."  - Larry Niven... far too appropriate at times here.

...but sometimes making sure you turn their ace into red paste is more important than friends.

Do not offend the chair leg of truth.  It is wise and terrible.

The GM is only right for as long as the facts back him up.

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Reply #63 on: 08 March 2012, 17:20:10 »
When your at Home Depot and notice that the 4-gang electrical cut-out boxes would make excellent mech hangars with a bit of paint.  In fact most gang boxes are perfectly scaled for a level 2 building....just fyi guys. And yes, I bought some 'extra' for that purpose. ;D

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #64 on: 11 March 2012, 13:41:23 »
When you notice that the Crystal Light (and Kroger's own equivalent product) come in containers that would make good buildings also... and that they would possibly fit on some of the flat hex bases sold by Iron Wind Metals... making them perfect for CityTech.
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #65 on: 11 March 2012, 23:54:50 »
When your 5-year-old gets into your paints and miniatures and repaints a few of them in some random color that you never would have used... and instead of getting really mad you think "hey that's a halfway decent paint job, considering...maybe I ought to paint up an entire squad like that and trial play them"

Also when you purposely let your kids paint them up to spend time with Dad.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #66 on: 12 March 2012, 14:14:42 »
You have another matchup planned after your current game -- but then you start planning for another matchup after that, with an entirely different configuration of maps, and the use of variant or custom 'Mechs that haven't been used yet in our campaign. [skull]
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #67 on: 18 March 2012, 23:47:22 »
only a tote? try a full bookcase
when you start to assign tonnage and criticals to such a mass of books.
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #68 on: 20 August 2012, 14:52:21 »
When I see this old rusted metal flag, I think....a lost artifact of the Star League?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #69 on: 20 August 2012, 15:19:22 »
Tripped over some broken blacktop in a parking lot recently and luckily caught myself. Looked at my girlfriend (who also plays) and said, 'Whoa, rough terrain! Good thing I made my piloting check.' She then tapped me on the head and said 'Head shot! Make your conciousness check!' LOL  ;D

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

Hersh67

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: 20 August 2012, 19:00:58 »
Tripped over some broken blacktop in a parking lot recently and luckily caught myself. Looked at my girlfriend (who also plays) and said, 'Whoa, rough terrain! Good thing I made my piloting check.' She then tapped me on the head and said 'Head shot! Make your conciousness check!' LOL  ;D

-Gunz

Cool!!!  Don't suppose you know another woman with that kind of sense of humor... 

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #71 on: 20 August 2012, 21:05:12 »

-Gunz

I challenge thee to a Trial of Possession for said girlfriend!

:D  oh, wait.  I did it again.  :D

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

Grim_Reaper

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: 20 August 2012, 22:32:23 »
when the mods make you leave in disgust and you go play heroclix

FedRatCowboy

• Master Sergeant
  • Loyal Knight of House Davion.
« Reply #73 on: 10 September 2012, 00:09:37 »
The first thing you do when you get to work is:

1. check Camospecs to see the newest mini that have been painted
2. check Solaris 7 to see if anything new tickles your fancy
3. check Sarna.net to see if anthing new has been changed/ updated
4. check if someone posted to your threads here
5. wish you were at home painting that new unseen Warhammer you spent you gas money on
"War is Hell. Combat is a mother ******."  --General Tommy Franks, US Army

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #74 on: 17 September 2012, 13:31:13 »
The first thing you do when you get to work is:

1. check Camospecs to see the newest mini that have been painted
2. check Solaris 7 to see if anything new tickles your fancy
3. check Sarna.net to see if anthing new has been changed/ updated
4. check if someone posted to your threads here
5. wish you were at home painting that new unseen Warhammer you spent you gas money on

1. Check Camospecs Forums
2. Check CBT Forums
3. Check IWM Online Store
4. THEN check work e-mail and prep for morning meeting.  ;D

Also, when you come back to your office to 'get something' and think 'I've got time to check the forums...real quick.' Then you end up reading an entire 3 page thread and forget what you came back for.  Just did this. Good thing i'm the boss and everyone just assumes im on a call or something. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!  :P

-Gunz

-Gunz

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #75 on: 17 September 2012, 20:56:44 »
When you get withdrawal syndromes after being forced to stop playing after 10 years on weekly basis.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

FedRatCowboy

• Master Sergeant
  • Loyal Knight of House Davion.
« Reply #76 on: 18 September 2012, 02:57:00 »
When right before you go to bed, you do an After-Action report to a imaginary debriefer about how your lance advanced and siezed control of the city center in the town of New Alberta (made up town used in your most recent campaing), state of your lance , and the amount of ammo used and need for resulppy.
"War is Hell. Combat is a mother ******."  --General Tommy Franks, US Army

twycross

• Sergeant
  • Death from above! DEATH FROM ABOVE!
« Reply #77 on: 07 October 2012, 22:43:03 »
When you get withdrawal syndromes after being forced to stop playing after 10 years on weekly basis.

When you've been playing regularly since the Third Succession War was all there was...in other words, 25+ years.
Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers! Now Wombat, on the other hand, would be just the ticket right about now...and guns lots and lots of guns...and nukes, lots of them, too.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #78 on: 15 October 2012, 22:49:05 »
When you tune in to the news and think 'more trouble in the Chaos March'

When your co-worker starts talking about conspiracy theories, your response is '...yet another Blakist plot!"

As you and your buds talk kick around the idea of starting a metal band for fun, you ask what Battlemech should the band be named after (apparently Warhammer is taken) 
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #79 on: 16 October 2012, 01:55:15 »
As you and your buds talk kick around the idea of starting a metal band for fun, you ask what Battlemech should the band be named after (apparently Warhammer is taken)

As is Man o War.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Register