Author Topic: Hello from a Gamer in Connecticut  (Read 1651 times)

Greyson13

• Recruit
Hello from a Gamer in Connecticut
« on: 14 April 2021, 14:59:21 »
With the troubled times we are in, I strive for the day we can  meet up in person to play again.

Until then, I am new to the online thing and as a RPG gamer and Wargamer for 2 decades, I have been wanting to get back into either playing or GMing the game again.  I always loved the pre-clan era of gaming with the Succession Wars. My first Battletech game I played and owned was the original 1E CityTech boxed set.

While I have played Mechwarrior 2E RPG in the past, I do like the more streamlined rule system of the Mechwarrior: Destiny game and would like to run it as a GM, though in a much more traditional way. I would like to participate in any of the Mechwarrior RPG editions or the actual Battletech game first to get a grasp on how online play is done that are looking for new players.  I unfortunately am not a fan of the A Time of War rule system. Though I do have a copy of it and its companion book, the point buy system, math conversion, etc in character creation turned me off right away. Most of my past Battletech gaming has been tabletop with the 200+ Battlemechs I have in boxes.

Let me know, PM me directly.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Hello from a Gamer in Connecticut
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2021, 18:15:22 »
I did make a spreadsheet to simplify some of the AToW math... it's linked via my sig block.  Please share any questions you have!

Register