Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2  (Read 246201 times)

snakespinner

• Captain
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2
« Reply #360 on: 01 October 2016, 19:22:54 »
2 CC battleships in Fletcher.
Terrible shame if they lose 1. :D
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #361 on: 01 October 2016, 19:24:54 »
Very nice update, interesting happenings in the Sphere.

... Clan Snow Raven losing a trial and a khan too!  Hmm... The political impact?

Meh, he was just a Siegel.  >:D

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #362 on: 01 October 2016, 19:51:19 »
Another great entry.  Nova Cat vs Snow Raven trial pretty brutal. Maybe a possible Clan war?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #363 on: 01 October 2016, 22:54:14 »
Wait. Did we get a resolution with our refugees from another timeline?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #364 on: 02 October 2016, 01:33:51 »
Great update!  Saffel looks like it will come under SLDF protection soon and another world is added to the Hegemony in being.  The Cappellan offensive is a good debut for their new BB's and I have a feeling that Dao Shen might order their mass drivers turned on the planet with all the negative repercussions that entails.

The Raven/Nova Cat issue could be interesting, the Raven's Khan was IIRC not that popular and rather thuggish and his removal could probably be a good thing, but i'm still curious about the winged cat of the SaKhan's vision. I honestly thought that it was her, that she'd be made a bondsman of the Ravens if they lost.  Colour me intrigued :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #365 on: 02 October 2016, 04:22:03 »
Wait. Did we get a resolution with our refugees from another timeline?

Sort of they are currently "guests" of the Sortek Estate on New Avalon.  The nearby RCT deployment is purely a coincidence

I'm not finished with them.

Im glad you all enjoyed the update the wheels are slowly turning to the right point for something to happen
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #366 on: 02 October 2016, 16:56:27 »
DC you always have wheels turning towards some plot point!!!
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #367 on: 09 October 2016, 12:10:12 »
Next step - thank's to marauder648 for the first section and the little discovery

Command Bridge, Scipio (Merchant-class JumpShip)
Periphery, Unclaimed sytem
3rd April 3106

The Scipio was an old ship, in service for centuries to the Marian Hegemony as a troop carrier before being displaced by newer and more capable ships.  The Merchant class JumpShip was instead consigned to ‘resource discovery’ patrols.  Long and boring loops to the ‘south’ and ‘west’ of the Hegemony’s holdings, scouting systems, asteroid belts and comets for resources.  Her two attached DropShips the Marcus and Aggripa were also very long in the tooth, both Buccaneer class, converted to act as mobile mining and surveying ships and bases had already undocked and they and a small swarm of shuttles were off inspecting the wonderfully exciting system of NA/42/D.

The system was in a word dull, dim brown dwarf and shoals of asteroids that would probably take weeks of scanning and checking. If something was found then it would be logged and reported back when the ship returned after her four-month journey finished.

“Sir, shuttle 41 is reporting a faint echo on their LIDAR, from their bearing at green 232 distances… roughly two million miles.”

Captain Marc Behar snorted, putting his bulb of coffee down.  “41? That’s Diego’s team right?  If they have got more glitches with their sensors...”

“Negative Sir, they are routing the data to us and it’s definitely something.”

“An Asteroid?”

“No sir, too much metal unless it’s a lump of solid metal drifting out there.”

“Fine, have them go investigate and report back.” Marc leaned in, looking at the sensor reports “Could it be someone trying to sneak around unnoticed?”

“Possibly Sir…I mean it’s over three million clicks from our location, and there are no jump points out there so it’s a bloody odd place to hide.”

“Have 41 check it out, and spin up the jump drive just in case.”

“And the DropShips?”

“Lets hope their engines are running properly, they are less valuable than this ship.”

“Aye, aye Sir.”

Aboard the Oxen class shuttle there were a few groans from the four man crew.  “That’s a three hour trip there and back for fraks sake!”

“Fuel will be cutting it fine too.”

“Quit your bloody grumbling, it’s an order so we obey, sure its bloody miserable but would you rather be outside in your vac-suits?”  Pilot First Class Diego Pegg had once been a fighter pilot, but shrapnel from an air raid on his base had ended his fighter jock days, down-rated to fly shuttles he’d been with the Scipio for two years now.

“No boss.”

“Exactly, now lay in a course and someone get me a tea.”

Two hours later.

Half the crew of the shuttle were dozing when the LIDAR return receiver started its insistent chirping.  “Report.”

“Big return, solid metal mass, nothing on thermals or radar.”

“Anything on visual?”

“Zilch, too far away.”

“Alright..lets do what we’re paid to do. Co-pilot keep your hand on the throttle, if we get a sensor lock I want you to open the taps and help me turn this big beast.”

“You got it boss.”  The Oxen was a big shuttle, 200 tonnes to be precise, and was in service pretty much everywhere often under different names.  In Marian service they kept the original name, stripping out their machine guns in favour of a little bit more stowage space for the four crew and any passengers.  But even under the best circumstances they turned like a horse before the plough and accelerated about as fast as one too.

“Frak me…”

“What you got Kathrin?”

“Visual… on… a ship… dunno what she is, never seen that design in my life.”

The young radar operator was fresh out of the academy, and this was in essence training for her, she was known to be a ‘spotter’ damn good at IDing military kit visually, and to hear her flummoxed was something new.

On the small screen the image was grainy; the long range cameras were using star light and thermal optics to resolve the image in a whitish green.  The ship was a curious design.  Over four hundred meters long, its bow dominated by a large bridge section that looked like a sledgehammer head.  A narrow ‘neck’ went back to a simply massive rotating section that was easily two hundred meters in diameter, sticking out of the fairly narrow hull of the ship and running back for over a hundred meters before the thin hull emerged once more towards the blocky engine section. 

“Any IFF?”

“Nothing sir, no thermals, not even an erg of power is leaking off her, hull temperature is way down too. She’s dead, no power at all.”

“Moving in closer, are we feeding this back to the Scipio?”

“Yes boss, data links open, just a few seconds lag due to the distance.”

“Great… make sure the audio’s off eh?”

They all chuckled at that as the shuttle’s engines rumbled, driving them closer to the strange looking ship.

“Ho-lee-hell! Look at that!”

Now only a few hundred kilometres away they could see what had seemingly killed the ship.  Her port side, from bow to stern was blackened as if the metal had been heated and scored.  A few radar masts and sensor dishes were warped and looked melted and an amber light lit up  as the shuttle moved in.

“Jesus, look at those rads on the outer hull.  It’s not lethal but I’m not going on that things surface for anything more than a few hours.”

“Life pods are still in place, I can see the ports for them and the lifeboats too.”

“Well at least she’s bloody human…”

“Yeah but with radiation scarring like that on her hull?”

“You read too much sci-fi; little green men or giant birds are not out there waiting to zap us.”

“Sir! I can see her name! The… SLS… C. Sagan.”

MHS Scipio (Merchant-class JumpShip)

“Found her! She is an Endeavour class science vessel.  They only built four of them the Hawkins, Einstein, Averroes and the Sagan.  They launched from the Titan shipyards twenty years before the Amaris Civil War on an exploration mission to the Deep Periphery.”
“So what the hell is she doing out here? And what the hell happened to her?  Get Shuttle 41 to dock if they can and investigate.”

Shuttle 41

“Oh frak that…”

“Shut up! She’s a League ship so she’ll have a universal docking port. We can run a power cable into the airlock and jump start it, running it off our own reactor and get in that way.  How high are the rads?”

“High enough, I’d say we could take four hours on-board, I’m not sure about her hull plating and what it absorbed but I suggest we all have rad counters on-board and try staying away from the port side.”

“Roger that… and speaking of which… Roger… get suited up and get ready to go outside. She’s got a big ass docking collar on her neck so we’ll lock on there. Get that air lock open and then get your grumbling butt inside.”

“Aye boss.”

With the airlock active after a somewhat worrying twenty minutes of attempted docking the shuttles crew, bar one went into the dark hull of the C. Sagan

“If you say ‘lets split up…’ boss I’ll kill you.”

“Yeah… Let’s stay together, don’t touch anything.”

“Temperature is 104 below.  No oxygen, she’s a void, someone purged the atmosphere.”

“Where’s the crew?”

The walkway from the docking collar was full of free floating objects, paper, books, a few data pads and somewhat alarmingly a boot.

“Liberate tu te me…”

“Enough of that Kathrin. Just keep calm people, she’s a derelict, lets find her crew and see if we can get the logs and get the hell out of here.”

“Hey boss…I just had a thought.”

“Oh this ought to be good…”

“Oh it is… two words. Salvage rights.”

With the prospect of money and reward in mind the three Marians continued into the cold and silent hulk, fortunately everything was marked in English and they found their way to the medical bay in part of the huge grav deck.  “Sir… I’ve found the crew.”

Behind a sealed door was a room that was full of body bags, free floating in zero-g, over two hundred white bags in the sealed chamber.

“Check your rad dosage people…lets find the crew quarters and look for the Captain’s cabin.

“You got it boss…”

MHS Scipio
Periphery
4th April 3106

“I want to commend you on a job well done Pilot, we’ll have to see about salvage rights but I’m sure that the Caesar will be happy with this find.” Captain Behar said as he looked at the reports.  The survey mission was now quite forgotten and both DropShips were now slowly towing the C. Sagan towards the Scipio and the jump point. Partial power had been restored with portable generators, enough to kick-start the computers or at least those that still worked.  It was enough to download the ships logs and those of the Captain and it was the log that now came onto the screen in Captain Behar’s quarters.

They’d found the Captain’s body in his quarters, a dissociated and frozen corpse that looked more like a mummy than something that had decomposed. Quite fortunate really.

“Captains Log May 29th 2758.  The science boys love all of this, the GY/42 system is a young and active one, the accretion disk is slowly forming planets before our eyes and we’re able to watch a young star and its attendant planets form.  Dr Killinger and her team are more than happy with the data we’re getting and the crew are performing well.

“Captains Log April 9th 2758.  We’ve moved into the nadir jump point of the system and are able to look ‘down’ at the accretion disk.  Probes sent in are recording hugely high temperatures, it’s really dangerous but at the same time beautiful.  We’ll be jumping tomorrow with AR/3/B as our next system for exploration; a blue giant should give us a lot of data.”
The next image showed the Captain, clearly under stress, the rooms emergency lighting was on casting a lurid red glow across his face.

“Captains log… frak it… we was hit this morning by what Mr Killinger called a ‘bow wave’ from the star as it formed.  A mix of radiation and gaseous particles hitting us bloody fast.  Damage was minimal but the radiation surge… over half the crew received a lethal dose in the few seconds we were hit, the rest of us… I’ve ordered the sick to be taken to the least contaminated parts of the ship, and we’re setting a course for Marik space.  If we can get there we can get help.”

There was one more log on the file, dated a week later.  The man, Captain Tobias Garrant was gaunt, his hair missing in places; he was pale and looked exhausted.

“Well…this is it… we’ve come as far as we can… but with the crew dead or dying and with only eight of us able to still function… I know we can’t go on.  I’ve ordered the computer to slowly bleed the air out.  Not an instant decompression, we’ll just go to sleep.  There’s not enough crew to run the reactor or any of the systems… so it’s time to end it.  If anyone finds this log, know that we stayed true to our oaths, and discipline aboard ship never wavered. “

Caesar’s Quarters
Alphard, Marian Hegemony
Periphery
6th April 3106

“Caesar this vessel is of great value to the Hegemony!  We can refit her and reactivate her as a warship.” The Minister of Defence said, looking at the reports from the Scipio.  It had taken a month to get the ship back to Marian space and she was now held under the strictest of security in the outer reaches of the system. 

“With what are we going to refit her?  My noble friend forgets that such a refit would cost a great deal of money and consume resources we just don’t have!  We have no active shipyard and our one yard has been in mothballs for years, we’ve also lost a lot of technical expertise with many of the people who knew how to run the yard being either too old to work or drafted aboard our JumpShips and DropShips.”

“We have been able to keep the Hanse operational with minimal support.” The Minister of Foreign Affairs piped up.

“Which has resulted in a barely operational WarShip that can move between Alphard and the jump point and little else” countered the Minister of Industry.  “Not that the public or our neighbours know this but my Honourable friend in Defence will support me here, the Hanse needs an major overhaul, and it is not one we are capable of doing with the resources we have.”  She said “and now with this vessel, the initial study shows we’d need to remove most of the hull plating on the port side as well as carry out extensive decontamination protocols on the interior, this would take at least a year, the computers would then need to be replaced as most of them were fried by the radiation surge in truth it’s a miracle they were able to jump her as far as they could towards our space.  And then it’s a case of fitting weapons.  Weapons we do not have and would have to import at great cost or attempt to steal which against an organised defence we do not have the resources.”  She said feeling deflated by the issues ahead of the Marians.  “This is initially estimated to take at least three years if not more and my Honourable friends, my Caesar, we simply do not have the resources or money for such a grand endeavour without utterly bankrupting our nation.”

“So what do you suggest?”

“Simple, sell her or scrap her, she’s a millstone round our necks and I think…”

The discussion fell silent as Caesar Aleksandr Ward raised his hand and sat forwards the twenty-six year old was one of the youngest people in the room but the only one that had the authority to make a real decision. “I believe that the sale of this vessel would be of more value than retaining her, but who to?  The Marik’s and those of that region?  To the Lyrans?  Or the Wolves?”

“My Caesar, if I may, there is a group who might be willing to aid us and remove the vessel and in return assist us.”  Sister Cassandra, the Caesar’s personal assistant and advisor, said quietly stepping forward she was always with the Caesar.  She was older than the Caesar but her true age was hidden by the cloak around her shoulders and her carefully arranged hair.

“Speak.”  Caesar Aleksandr commanded

“I have an… associate in Interstellar Explorations, whilst they are what they say they are, they have a broad reach and deep pockets as well as the resources and knowledge to reactivate the C. Sagan.  She is an exploration vessel after all and they could use her for her intended role.”

“And what would you ask of them in return?”

“Assistance with our shipyards bringing them operational and up to a spec where we could use them in construction and maintenance of JumpShips and possibly future examples of the Galley-class.  And assistance in acquiring the parts and resources we would require to repair the Hanse.”

“And they would do this?”  Caesar Aleksandr asked looking at the woman who smiled briefly when meeting his gaze.

“I would have to speak with them my Caesar, but I feel that our prize would be incentive enough and our asking price agreeable.”  She said bowing for a moment stepping backwards out of the gaze of the others.

Caesar Aleksandr looked at his others advisers, he wasn’t as brutal as some of the leaders of the past but more even handed as his mother had been nevertheless those who failed or displeased him often didn’t live long.  Even then there were few who would believe that Aleksandr would take his range out on Sister Cassandra she had a pull over him that few others did although few believed that there was anything physical between them.  “Very well, speak with your associate but do not agree to anything unless you speak to me first.”  The unsaid ‘or else…’ hung in the air before Aleksandr stood and his guards moved around him as he left the audience room.

Border skirmish
District of Gibraltar, Free Worlds League
11th April 3106

The Seventh, Eleventh and recently raised Twelfth Commonwealth Guards Regiment’s of the Lyran Commonwealth cross the Free Worlds League border onto the planets of Nockalunga and Bella I.  Each of the commands had been reinforced with an entire battalion of recently constructed Thantos BattleMechs.  This new variant of the heavy BattleMech was known as the TNS-4E and had been updated with two Clan tech nine-tube Advanced Tactical Missile Launchers which replaced the standard Thantos’ Medium Range Missile Launchers.  Although these new BattleMechs appear to move slower than previous models the increased firepower and their massed numbers are enough to turn the tide against the defending District of Gibraltar forces.  After eight days of heavy fighting on Nockalunga, Bella II, Trellisane and Alula Borealis the Free Worlds League units agree to surrender the systems to the Lyran Commonwealth.  For a ransom of the best units in each command the Lyrans allow the Gibraltain forces to withdraw instead of putting them in prison camps.

Company Merger
Talitha, Star League Protectorate
21st April 3106

In a merger that surprises no-one Gilmour MilTech in the Star League Protectorate and LexaTech Industries in the Draconis Combine announce that they have formally merged their resources and finances to form a single company to serve both of their nations.  While both nations approve of the merger they both demand that the companies continue to serve the contracts they have already agreed to.  Gilmour/Lexa Tech announces that change will come in time and that they will continue with business as normal following the merger with one exception – the introduction of a new product being sold by both halves of the company the fifty-five ton Waneta Land-Air Mech.  This new design is one of the largest LAM designs ever produced and makes extensive use of clan technology to provide it with impressive firepower this coupled with the mobility of a LAM promises to make it a welcome addition to its customer’s armies.  Surprisingly the Waneta features none of the newly developed technology for Land-Air Mechs instead relying on the same components used since LAMs were first used.  Analysis predict that this Waneta is a proof of concept design with Gilmour/Lexa Tech planning on producing a second variant that takes advantage of the unique technology available to the company.

Reinforcement
District of Oriente, Free Worlds League
30th April 3106

As the fighting continues on along the Free Worlds League and Capellan Confederation border combat elements from other Free Worlds League states enter the fray finally supporting the District of Oriente.  The primary contributor to Oriente’s reinforcement is the District of Regulus but their assistance comes at a price.  While pushing to assist Oriente in throwing off the Capellan Confederation attackers the District of Regulus moves to secure administrative control over nine systems previously controlled by Oriente.  The military units assigned to the defence of these worlds do not resist the civilian change instead the local commanders see it as an opportunity spreading out to Oriente’s borders to engage Capellan and Magistracy forces fighting on the borders.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #368 on: 09 October 2016, 12:32:46 »
Good update.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #369 on: 09 October 2016, 15:02:39 »
Thank you for including my rambling story in this Dragon Cat and a great update as well, new Thanatos and more Orente worlds change hands, all be it peacefully.

The C. Sagan I was trying to describe was basically modelled on the Cosmonaut Alexi Leonov of 2010 fame

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/03/6f/bd/036fbd8d293f43844e7484601ba07839.png

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #370 on: 09 October 2016, 18:11:08 »
great update, a few hundred million Cbills could do a lot of repairing   A merchant class is almost 400 million.  looking forward to seeing were your going to take this part of you story line.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #371 on: 10 October 2016, 01:04:52 »
The C.Sagan an interesting find for the MH.
Hopefully they will get what they need.
The Regulans taking over Oriente worlds.
Now will they actually stop ay 9. O0
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #372 on: 13 October 2016, 21:16:30 »
You'll be glad to hear that marauder648 has agreed to write a bit more about the C. Sagan's story - I for one look forward to it.

Now for a small update but perhaps one of the most important ones for a while... all good things must come to an end...

Border Conflict
Fanet, Contested Space
Periphery
7th May 3106

After being missing from the Inner Sphere for seven years the Undead Lance reappears fighting on the contested world of Fanet in the middle of the contested space between the Marian Hegemony, Magistracy of Canopus and Free Worlds League.  The Undead Lance’s elite skills and advanced BattleMechs turns the tide for the Magistracy forces on the planet in a series of conflicts that sees their opposing forces fall back out of the system.  The fall of Fanet puts a distinct Magistracy mark on the contested space between the three nations and is quickly followed by Tarol IV and Draco III which fall into the Magistracy’s open arms.

Black Dragon Stronghold
Saffel, Military District of Dieron
Draconis Combine
19th May 3106

Chu-i Dante Cage breathed heavily as his squad of Kishi Battle Armour troopers moved forward through the darkness another four squads of Kishi armoured troopers moved alongside Cage’s troopers as bullets filled the air around them as they charged towards the Black Dragon stronghold.

“Leave none of these terrorists alive” he ordered triggering his suit’s mechanical jump booster sending his suit over the perimeter wall.  This operation was taking place despite the recent riots and the arrival of Star League Defence Force troops on the planet.  Even from the top of his jump Dante was firing on the enemy below with his suit’s heavy machine gun.  The suit’s came down to land in the darkened stronghold their machine guns continuing to blaze.

Neither the machine gun nor the jumping capabilities were the Kishi’s main strength however landing on the other side of the wall Dante’s squad began to run.  Each suit charging at their enemy the Kishi design was capable of more than sixty-four kilometres per hour in open terrain but for now in close quarters they made the Kishi’s nearly impossible to hit by regular infantry troopers.  Charging at enemies Dante’s people fired their machine guns and struck our with their heavy vibro battle claws tearing the defenders to pieces one person at a time.

In the space of forty minutes the twenty Kishi troopers killed all one hundred-and-twenty men and women inside the facility with not a single loss among their own numbers.  Withdrawing quickly from the burning facility there was no evidence they had ever been there when the SLDF investigators arrived the next morning.

Following a brief investigation the Star League Defence Force’s High Command condems the Draconis Combine for their military operation during a time of planetary crisis on Saffel claiming that the Draconis Combine no longer served the best needs of the people of Saffel and instead the world’s future depended on support and defence from the Star League Defence Force bringing the world into the Star League Protectorate.  Commanding-General Victor Focht orders all DCMS forces to withdraw from the planet landing an entire battalion of elite battle armour equipped SAS troops on planet as insurance against Draconis Combine Special Forces.  The “fall” of Saffel further isolate’s Dieron and further strains the “Small World sailent” one of the Draconis Combine’s few inroads into Davion held terrioty.

Throne Room, Davion Palace
Avalon City, Albion
Crucis March, Federated Suns
24th May 3106

The trip back from the Capellan front had been an uneventful one Prince Burton Davion had expected to return to his unit but instead he had been called to the Throne Room of the Avalon Palace along with a request to attend in full dress uniform.  Of all the things Burton hated being called up in full dress uniform by his father but he did what he was asked.  Entering the throne room Burton realized that this was not a normal call to the throne room inside there was a full crowd of people from nobles to citizens from the street nearly one thousand people were arrayed in the room.  Around the vast room each wall was lined by troopers dressed in Infiltrator III Battle Armour painted in the dress colours of the First Davion Guards RCT.  On the throne were his father First Prince Victor Steiner-Davion sat waiting while beside him Burton’s mother Duchess Danai Centrella-Davion sat one an identical throne and then off further to the right stood Burton’s wife Duchess Sterling McKenna-Davion, with baby Christopher in her arms, and their children Luther and Leah stood waiting.  Walking through the ranks of people Burton noted that the heads of the Draconis, Crucis and Capellan March were all present as were the heads of the DMI, MIIO, Quartermasters and Navy.  As he stepped past them Burton received several nods and saw many come to attention showing their respect to him.

“Prince Burton Davion stand to attention!”  Victor Steiner-Davion called out standing up from his throne “for the last fifty-four years it has been my great honour to lead the Federated Suns as First among its Princes of our great nation.”  He said loud enough so his voice carried throughout the chamber.  “I have lived and led this nation, I have known its sorrow and its pain, I have found love and experienced the greatest joy” he said as Duchess Danai Centrella-Davion rose to stand beside him showing the union the could held was still as strong as ever.  “I have seen my family grow I have celebrated their triumphs and I have berated them them for the failings.”  He said Burton felt warmth under his cheeks knowing fine that he had been the source of at least some of those failings his artificial left arm a testimony to that. “However today” Victor said his voice as level as always “today is a special day today it is the scene of my greatest accomplishment” he said looking down at his eldest son. “Unlike many of my predecessors today I Victor Ian Steiner-Davion have the greatest honour to pass leadership to Prince Burton Jackson Davion.”  He announced shocking the assembled guests and his son “I have no desire to abandon my service to this nation but it is the right time for a change.”  He explained Burton raising his eyes to look at his father’s approving eye.  “Prince Luther Davion step forward” Victor called out the eleven year old prince stepped forward his brown hair was swept to the side he wore a black suite jacket, a white shirt, a green tie with red clip and white chinos in his hands he held the most recent addition of the Unfinished Book: The Remembrance.  Seeing the book the Prince flashed his father a rye smile as he realized that his father knew that Burton followed the same beliefs and teachings as Victor’s own father Hanse Davion.  “Place your right hand on the Unfinished Book, raise your left hand and repeat after me.”  Victor said issuing his last command as First Prince of the Federated Suns.

Nearly ten minutes later they finished swearing in Burton Davion as the new First Prince of the Federated Suns “you’ve got the keys son treat her well” Victor said stepping to the side Danai Centrella-Davion also stepped to the side allowing Burton, Sterling and their three children access to the thrones.

“All hail First Prince Burton Davion!”  A non-commissioned officer off to the side of the thrones shouted out and the room responded with a “HAIL!”

“All hail Duchess Sterling McKenna-Davion!” he then shouted and another “HAIL!” came in response followed by separate “HAIL!” calls for Luther, Leah and Christopher.  Surprisingly three month old Christopher remained calm and didn’t cry out at the cheering crowds.

Finally the non-commissioned officer shouted out one more time “Long Live First Prince Victor Steiner-Davion and Duchess Danai Centrella-Davion!”  He called out and to both Victor and Danai’s surprise the crowd erupted louder than they had so far despite his stepping aside from the position Victor would still be referred to as the First Prince he had served the Federated Suns too long to be forgotten so quickly.  Victor knew it would add extra pressure on Burton if he was in the limelight too much, and already he had made plans to enjoy his retirement, he’d help his son if he needed it but the plan was for him and Danai to slip into the background quietly and perhaps make up for some of the years they had lost due to the various wars and travel they had to attend to.
« Last Edit: 14 October 2016, 11:38:41 by Dragon Cat »

Ajax_Wolf

• Lieutenant
  • Krampus is the reason for the Christmas season.
« Reply #373 on: 13 October 2016, 22:43:19 »
... “I have seen my family grow I have celebrated their triumphs and I have scaulded them for the failings.” ...

that's one way to imprint a lesson, to dip them in boiling water.
Why does everyone "Fire at Will"? Is he really that bad of a person? And what did he do to make everyone want to shoot him?

If a group of necrophiliacs met a group of zombies, who would do the chasing?

Bacon is Life! Even vegaterians eat bacon.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #374 on: 13 October 2016, 23:59:14 »
Great update and a new future for the Federated Suns.  Victor's got to be getting on a bit now and it makes sense that he steps aside as the First Prince's job is a very active one, and its more a younger man's game.  Lets hope that Burton don't feel like he's got to do anything rash to try and step out of Dad's very long and broad shadow.
« Last Edit: 14 October 2016, 02:54:39 by marauder648 »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #375 on: 14 October 2016, 11:39:22 »
that's one way to imprint a lesson, to dip them in boiling water.

Break them down to build them up... I was thinking of another word oops  :-[

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
  • Mr. Flibble is Very Cross
« Reply #376 on: 14 October 2016, 18:41:25 »
So is the Endevour class similar to the Endurance I stated up a while back for Marauder?  ;D  Mine was named after the ship that broke up in the grip of the antarctic ice, while you went for the ship of Captain Cook I see.
*Insert support for fashionable faction of the week here*

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #377 on: 14 October 2016, 22:15:20 »
Yep its basically the same thing, the ship from 2010 but battletechised :p

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #378 on: 16 October 2016, 21:01:23 »
Meeting of Khans
Nova Cat Compound, Farstar
Periphery
9th June 3106

The Clan Snow Raven WarShip Snow Raven had arrived in the Farstar system four standard days before and the new Khan of Clan Snow Raven Vir Sukhanov had requested safcon to the planet’s surface.  Now the saKhan of Clan Nova Cat Katrine Devalis stood waiting for the Snow Raven leader in the compound that her clan had constructed since taking ownership of Farstar.

The doors to the conference room opened and in entered Khan Vir Sukhanov of Clan Snow Raven he was tall for someone born from the aerospace bloodline looking at him Katrine Devalis believed he could match a MechWarrior for physical strength, meaning he was a threat to her.  “Welcome to Farstar and the territory of Clan Nova Cat.”  She said welcoming him ignoring her fears for a moment.

“Thank you saKhan Katrine Devalis?”  He asked hesitantly for a moment.

“Aff, how can I be of service to Clan Snow Raven?”  She asked

“Perhaps you could explain the Nova Cats motive in the periphery?”  He asked looking at the saKhan “you attacked and killed a Snow Raven Khan and then have claimed a further four systems in the Periphery near this system.”

“Your Khan was a dishonourable one, the space around us is a chaotic place we have brought peace to it.”  Katrine Devalis said simply looking back at the Snow Raven leader.

“Our Khan made a mistake he was not capable of navigating the political unrest in our Clan and” Sukhanov admitted “tried to appease the civilians of the Raven Alliance by keeping our military under control but he also had to appease our warrior castes leading to the agreement with the Draconis…”

“Do I look like I care?”  Katrine Devalis demanded “a Raven’s dishonour is the last thing I care for.”

“Of course” Khan Vir Sukhanov said “I wish to ensure Clan Snow Raven’s return to honour and to do this I need to make sure there is nothing further between our Clans.”

“There is only the trouble that continues between all of the Clans do not screw with my Clan and I will not see the destruction of yours.”  Katrine Devalis said stepping away walking around the room now trusting that Khan Vir Sukhanov would not strike her turned back.

“I understand” Vir Sukhanov said bowing respectfully for a moment remaining standing where he was Katrine Devalis saw the opportunity and made her move.

“However the other Clans may not see it the same way.”  She said turning back towards the Snow Raven Khan “your Clan has colluded with an Inner Sphere state.  Helped train them and worked with the worlds you occupy.”

“Pah!  The Rasalhague Dominion is a combination of a Clan and Inner Sphere population.  The Sea Foxes trade openly with the Inner Sphere states and your own Nova Cats have traded and worked with the Federated Suns.  The current Clans do not care who works with who as long as victory is achieved you are living in the past Khan Devalis.”  The Nova Cat in front of her actually smiled “you find this amusing Quineg?”

“Neg, however, I believe the other Clans would find it amusing” she said the Snow Raven Khan was about to speak but Katrine Devalis raised her hand to stop him “think about it Khan Sukhanov.  You Clan lost Sterling McKenna to a betrayal, you lost Jacob Seigel to my guns and you have failed to win a victory on the battlefield.”  She said taunting the Snow Raven leader knowing she was gaining ground with him.  “But there is a way… a way you could prove to your Clan and to the others that the Ravens have the strength and honour that matches any of them.”  She said continuing to entice him with her words “the Nova Cats believe in visions.  Before I came to this part of space I experienced a vision of a cat and a bird… working in unison against their enemies.”  She said knowing it wasn’t completely the truth but it was enough for the Raven leader she could see she was getting to him.  “Together we will strike down the Draconis Combine and show everyone that our Clans can maintain their position with all of the other Clans.”  She said receiving a nod of agreement from the Raven Khan she hoped that with the Nova Cats and Snow Ravens together she could fulfill the last part of her vision or die trying.

Border Conflict
Son Hou Theatre, Alarion Province
Lyran Commonwealth
19th June 3106

Across the Inner Sphere units from various realms and factions fought in the Star League Games on Defiance for competition and glory however elsewhere the fighting continued for the petty conflicts of war.  Units from the Free Worlds League’s District of Trafalgar raided the worlds of Sierra, Cerillos and Galisteo attempting to bring these worlds under the control of the united Free Worlds League.  Each of these raids are unsuccessful in winning the Free Worlds League territory but they gain each of the units experience and salvage from the Lyran Commonwealth and mercenary defenders.

Elsewhere in the Free Worlds League the District of Regulus threatens the foundation of the united Free Worlds League by forcefully landing troops on the District of Oriente worlds of Lungdo, Abadan, Avellaneda, Hamilton, Holt and Sorunda.  On the world of Hamilton fighting erupts between the Seventh Oriente Fusiliers and the Third Cameron-Jones House Guard Regiments as the Regulus unit attempts to land on Hamilton.  After nearly two weeks of fighting on Hamilton the Third Marik Guards Regiment of the District of Marik arrives commanded by Captain-General Joseph Marik himself intent on ending the fighting on Hamilton.  The Captain-General calls for both sides to end the conflict before it tears the Free Worlds League to pieces.
By the end of 3106 Joseph Marik negotiates Hamilton’s position into the District of Regulus in exchange for free passage of combat units out of the worlds taken by the Regulus troops and the transfer of weapons and equipment from Regulus factories to District of Oriente combat units fighting the Capellan Confederation.  Neither Oriente or Regulus are happy with the compromise negotiated by the Captain-General but they both agree that there will be no further territory traded between the two nations.  The territory exchanged between the two nations turns the District of Regulus into one of the largest in the Free Worlds League with internal borders stretching from the border with the Star League Protectorate to the border of the Magistracy of Canopus and Capellan Confederation with Regulus secure behind layers of defences and an expanding Regulan military many citizens of the Free Worlds League begin to question if it is time for Regulus to lead their nation.

With the troops freed up from the worlds garrisoned by those worlds now controlled by Regulus the District of Oriente send additional troops to the world of Sarna pushing the last of the Capellan Confederation forces off of the Commonality capital.  With Sarna falling to Oriente troops the worlds of Zaurak, Menkib and Matsu, lacking support or command from Sarna, fall to the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns following a series of opportunistic strikes by units of the AFFS and mercenary forces.

Twelfth Martial Olympiad, Star League Grounds
Defiance, Crucis March
Federated Suns
24th June 3106

Unlike the Star League Games on Solaris the Martial Olympiad competition was not dominated by one faction throughout the latter half of June units from across the Inner Sphere and periphery fight in a series of wargames that test their individual and unit skills.  As the month slowly moves towards a close the Free Worlds League’s First Free Worlds Guards pulls ahead of the other units on the ground while the Nova Cat’s Silent Verdict, a Liger-class Strike Cruiser, excels in space.  Both sides continue to maintain their advantage over the other commands on Defiance until the end of the competition with Colonel Michael Franklin accepting the ground trophy while Star Commodore Zach Leroux accepts the reward for the naval victory.

Criminal Investigation
Devil’s Rock, Star League Protectorate
27th June 3106

Several members of the Star League Defence Force Intelligence Department stood around a table watching the tri-vid footage.  “That’s the son-of-a-bitch” Carlton Stuart said looking at the tri-vid “Bobby Winchester how the hell did he get here?”

“He’s slipped through the back channels paying for transport on various civilian and mercenary transports” Stephen Grant said looking back at his colleague.  “We haven’t seen the Huron Warrior yet but if he’s here then I bet the Mech is here too.”

“And they are both protected by the gangs” Stuart said his native Northwind accent showing through in his anger.  “Even with the considerable SLDF assets on this planet we will struggle to extract him.”

“All we can do is issue the warrants” Grant said “as you say we have significant military and police units on this world if the opportunity strikes we should capture or strike him down.”  He proposed “if we can bring Winchester to justice the Combine might feel better towards the Star League’s position on Saffel.”

“Our people know what they need to do either we will capture or destroy him.”  Carlton Stewart said replaying the image of the murderer walking casually through the crowd of gang members in the settlement of Devil’s Chance an image they had captured by chance.  In the years since the SLDF had gained possession of Devil’s Rock they had monitored the various criminal houses that controlled the majority of the planet’s business and work stopping the worse of their activities and they had tried to bring a better standard of living to all of the population of Devil’s Rock.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #379 on: 16 October 2016, 21:57:04 »
 O0 yay an update!  Hmm... I wonder if Khan of Clan Snow Raven will listen to the SaKhan of Clan Nova Cat???   Political wheels within wheels!  Star League Martial Olympiad winners is a big surprise!

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #380 on: 17 October 2016, 01:34:15 »
The SaKhan is playing an interesting political game with the Snow Ravens.
And they are falling for it.
I knew Regulus could not stop itself from taking extra Oriente worlds.
Now how will the power they have accumulated affect the FWL. O0
Growing up is optional.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #381 on: 17 October 2016, 16:50:31 »
Bobby Winchester???

help do we know who he is???
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #382 on: 17 October 2016, 17:17:24 »
Bobby Winchester???

help do we know who he is???

I'll answer - he is from XTRO: Most Wanted he stole the Huron Warrior piloted by the Prefect of Saffel.  In this AU he stole the Duke of Saffel's Huron Warrior.  He escaped across the Star League Protectorate.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #383 on: 17 October 2016, 18:35:41 »
The SaKhan is playing an interesting political game with the Snow Ravens.
And they are falling for it.

Do not underestimate Vir, he plays a very unassuming role but is much more politically inclined and effective than he lets on.  If he's anything like his namesake, he'll make a very good Raven Khan.

Edit: Also great update. O0

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #384 on: 18 October 2016, 20:53:39 »
Great update, and trying to out politik a Raven could be iffy...

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #385 on: 21 October 2016, 23:28:20 »
I'll answer - he is from XTRO: Most Wanted he stole the Huron Warrior piloted by the Prefect of Saffel.  In this AU he stole the Duke of Saffel's Huron Warrior.  He escaped across the Star League Protectorate.
Thank you

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #386 on: 24 October 2016, 14:55:55 »
Throne Room
Robinson, Draconis March
Federated Suns
8th July 3106

“Cousin, I did not expect for you to visit Robinson” Jerome Sandoval, the Duke of the Draconis March, said stepping down from the throne towards his older cousin.  Mordecai Sandova was a man from another generation who believed that the Draconis March should be leading the Federated Suns in a continuous war of aggression against the ‘hated snake enemy’ in the Draconis Combine.  “Nor did I expect you to arrive with a regiment armed for battle?”

“Patriots wishing to serve the Draconis March and Robinson” Mordecai said “the Robinson Militia has been disbanded for many years it is time that it was reborn.”

“The Militia does not have the best history” Jerome began...

“You have failed this March” Mordecai said interrupting him “the Militia has stood in Robinson’s defence since the foundation of this March.  They deserve their place in the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns.”

“I would be failing this March more to accept your fanatics as trained soldiers.”

“Every one of them has served our nation.”

“And they are currently?”

“Free agents willing to serve their nation once more…”

“Free agents willing to serve you” Jerome said finally “what are you really looking for cousin?”

“To serve my March and my nation in the best capacity I can.”  Mordecai said bowing slightly before turning slowly moving towards the exit of the throne room leaving Jerome to think about what his cousin had said and the potential threat from his forces.  He knew Mordecai had never been happy that Elaine Sandoval had chosen Jerome over his cousin to take over leadership of the March he just hoped that Mordecai did nothing rash about his displeasure.

Council of the Clans, Council Chambers
Andrey, Tukayyid
Independent Clan Terrirory
15th July 3106

The assembled Khans of the Clans sat at the tables in a circle each table separated by a short gap to show the individuality of each of the Clans included in the circle was a table for the Loremaster of the Clans showing Tukayyid’s individual status in the Clans.  Not included in the circle was a representative of Solaris VII despite the Gaming World’s new status in Clan society.  Behind the Khans stood an entire star of armoured Elementals of the Ebon Guard, silent guardians of the proceedings, while Loremaster of the Clans Thomas Ward stood at his own table.  “Khans of the Clans welcome to Tukayyid” he began depite being originally born to Clan Wolf Thomas Ward was now purely loyal and proud to Tukayyid.  “You have assembled today to decide how Tukayyid will serve Clan society.  It is my belief that Tukayyid has outgrown its position as a neutral meeting and trading point.”  He said seeing the Khans did not look completely impressed with his words “we have construction, trade, science and meeting places here Tukayyid has more influence on our society than many of you give it credit.”

“It is not time for another Clan to be born around Tukayyid” Jana Pryde of the Jade Falcons said “Tukayyid’s influence has grown to support our Clans nothing more if the Loremaster cannot see that then he needs to be replaced” she threatened Jana Pryde making it clear of the Jade Falcon position they needed Tukayyid to remain where it was supporting her depleted military.

“Aff I agree Tukayyid knows its place” Hell’s Horses leader Teresia Cooper bellowed the large Elemental warrior who glanced at Jana Pryde and nodded the Hoses and Falcons clearly continuing to be on the same page.

“I do not suggest Tukayyid becomes its own power.”  Loremaster Thomas Ward said glancing at the other members “instead I wish to suggest we return to a concept suggested when the Clans were founded.”  He said inwardly very pleased that the assembled Khans looked surprised and perhaps a little confused at his suggestion.  “When the Clans were founded by Nicholas Kerensky the first few months of the new Clans were supported by the Free Guilds based on Strana Mechty.  These Guilds were comprised of members from every one of the Clans and were under the direction of the ilKhan to support each of the Clans without bias or conflict.”  Thomas Ward said he neglected to say that Nicholas Kerensky squashed the Free Guilds just weeks after the Pentagon Worlds campaign when it became clear that the Clans were not interested in having independents operating in the Homeworlds.  “These modern Free Guilds would control Tukayyid’s trade with the Clans and with the Inner Sphere.  They would make weapons, BattleMechs, Ships and Battle Armour available to the other Clans and arrange the trials for your forces, they will coordinate efforts of the scientific and design departments on Tukayyid and better our Clan’s position throughout the Inner Sphere.  And will also be up to the Free Guilds to develop our infrastructure on Solaris VII.”

“I believe it is the Loremaster’s decision to what happens on Tukayyid, as long as it does not interfere with the Clans and does not attempt to gain a position about its current station Clan Nova Cat will not oppose it.”  Khan Canin Rosse of the Nova Cats said.

“These Free Guilds will be restricted to Tukayyid and trade with the Inner Sphere will be controlled quiaff?”  Khan Evangeline Clarke of the Sea Fox Clan asked

“The only Free Guilds personnel who leave Tukayyid will be those who are travelling to collect resources required for production or experiments on Tukayyid or those going to Solaris VII to provide assistance with that world’s development.  The only trade they will do is with the traders that we allow access to our Hall on Solaris VII and the traders that are allowed into the Tukayyid system.”

“That is agreeable” Clarke replied realizing that her own Clan’s trade links would be protected from competition.

“Because Clan Sea Fox does such a good job at trading Clan technology to everyone…” Ghost Bear Khan Ragnar Magnesson said seeing Evangeline Clarke ready to hit him with a rebuttle he quickly raised his hand “not just your efforts have been noticed.”  He said steeling a glance first at the Nova Cat Khan and then at the Fire Mandrill Khan both Clans had traded technology to the Inner Sphere in the past.  While Natasha Faraday of the Fire Mandrills looked uncomfortable at being singled out her Clan had traded technology to survive not because they wanted to by comparison Khan Canin Rosse met Ragnar Magnesson’s steely gaze and smirked as if challenging the freeborn to say more.

“And if there is a future ilKhan what will the Free Guilds do?”  Khan of Clan Wolf Amina Kerensky said more curious about the Free Guilds than against them.

“They will like the Loremaster of the Clans and Tukayyid submit to the ilKhan.”  Thomas Ward said “as should all of the Clans.”
   “Then I am not against this concept.”  She said around the room the Khans voted with none of them voting against Ward’s proposal which was just as well since many of his plans behind the Free Guilds were already in place.

“Excellent news the Free Guilds will not disappoint you” he said proudly pressing a button on the console in front of him activating the screens built into their tables. “If you could turn your attention to the screens as part of our initiative to improve all of the Clans and ensure secure travel between Tukayyid and Solaris VII I would like to present to you with the Arbitration-class Battleship.” He said on the screens in front of them a massive WarShip slipped from the shipyard above Tukayyid it had a split forward section with what appeared to be a large weapons array at the front of the vessel the hull then opened out to a large slopped hull with four heat radiating fins on the forward hull.  A central communication and sensor tower dominated the middle of the hull before the rear was comprised of a large box-like engine section with four vertical fins leaving the hull two from the top and two from the rear.  The ship looked unlike most other WarShips ever fielded but the surprise was not the biggest surprise other than Loremaster Thomas Ward no-one else had been made aware of the Arbitration’s construction.  Anger flew around the room as the Loremaster was accused of trying to build himself an armed force that could forge the newly agreed upon Free Guilds into their own Clan but Thomas Ward was clear the Arbitration would be the first and only vessel to serve Tukayyid and the Free Guilds escorting the trade ships between Tukayyid and Solaris all other vessels would be open to be trialled for by the Clans.

Trial of Mysticism
New Barcella, Nova Cat’s Den
Periphery
21st July 3106

Despite both the Khan and saKhan being out of the Nova Cat’s Den Oathmaster Klick Lenardon had ordered the first Trial of Mysticism to begin.   In front of him the twenty sixteen year old warriors who had been trained since they were born to serve as Mystics in Clan Nova Cat stood in front of him ready for the Trial to begin.  “You have been prepared for this since your birth you have been tested as far as we can psychologically now you must past a physical test.  Your duty is clear you each must follow your beliefs search your souls and your body’s limits you will return to us in no less than thirty days after that time you will know who you are.”  He said briefing them they would have to survive for thirty days without supplies and without outside assistance and without any weapons this test was designed to test their ability to adapt to the wilderness like a young nova cat each hoping to experience a vision.

Thirty days later only five of the students returned none of them had experienced a vision but they had survived and would become Mystics of the Nova Cat Clan with each beginning training to become MechWarriors and members of the Clan’s military wing.  Fourteen of the other mystic candidates were never heard from again however the fifteenth finally did return ninety-six days after the beginning of his Trial of Mysticism.  Dehydrated and malnourished Seth was babbling about a vision he had experienced while being injured during his Trial he talked about being cared for by a nova cat which had one of its front paws maimed he said the vision told him that an important part of the Nova Cat Clan would be lost and that it would never be recovered but that the Nova Cats would grow from the loss.

Lyran Commonwealth Guard Base
Gallery, Halfway Province
Lyran Commonwealth
28th July 3106

Lieutenant Aksel Youngblood stood on the tarmac looking at the Leopard-class DropShip which wore the Kell Hound and Crescent Hawk insignias.  Yesterday Colonel Jeremy Kell had announced that the remaining Kell Hound Battalion would no longer be treated like a house unit of the Lyran Commonwealth and would seek employment beyond House Steiner.  Jeremy Kell had then stated that the Crescent Hawks would be reformed and sent out on its own contracts in an effort to bring further like-minded warriors into the Kell Hound fold.  Now four BattleMechs including Aksel’s Shadow Hawk X4M Land Air-Mech together with a second LAM and four ground bound BattleMechs they would reform the Crescent Hawks.

“Is this really a good idea?”  Aksel asked glancing at his father Jeremiah Youngblood II.  Jeremiah like thousands others had evacuated Arc Royal and joined the Mountain Wolf Clan on Gallery.  He’d been the one who had suggested Aksel take the position as leader of the new Crescent Hawks.

“Nervous?”

“No” Aksel said looking back at the DropShip “yes” he admitted “why is the Colonel sending us away now?”

“Because the Crescent Hawks have always been good at finding out information and working behind the scenes” Jeremiah explained.  “The Kell Hounds are heading into unknown territory it makes sense that the Crescent Hawks should see what is available out there and perhaps work out what opportunities they should avoid.”

“Lucky us” he said “well at least the Hawks rise once more.”

“Yes they do and this is for you” Jeremiah reached into his pocket and handed it to Aksel who turned it over in his hands.  “Congratulations Captain Youngblood” he said smiling proudly the Crescent Hawks were now ready to go to work.

Three things about this update

1) Arbitration is a WarShip designed by marauder648, Vition2 and JA Baker (there will actually be two WarShips coming out of that little project)

2) The Free Guilds were originally a canon idea but they were written off as a mistake by Anastasius Focht.  Blacknova had an approach with them in his Kapteyn Universe and now I'm using them.

3) Addition at the end is a homage to the recent Spotlight series exploring a potential gap created by my universe taking a different direction than canon.

The Arbitration-class is on this thread http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=55163.0
« Last Edit: 24 October 2016, 17:13:04 by Dragon Cat »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #387 on: 24 October 2016, 20:47:06 »
Excellent update, Dragon Cat.  I can see new dawn rising with this one.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #388 on: 25 October 2016, 00:40:55 »
Great update!  Wow another unit created under the nose of MIIO and DMI?   ;D :-\     Keep it up

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #389 on: 25 October 2016, 01:32:01 »
The Clan Loremaster =   "A NEW POWER IS RISING!!  Peacefully of course...." *eyes narrowing from the Khans*  Interesting that they are opening Tukkayid to more trade and outsiders coming in, but its very much a Clan world.

I'm worried that Mordecai might try something...silly either against Jerome or the Combine and then pin it on Jerome.  Its a case of "Mordecai..don't do the thing.." *DOES THE THING* "****** it Mordecai..."

The Trial of Mysticism, very high casualty rate but an interesting programme none the less. I wonder what that last vision was about...

And owie! The (tattered remnants of) Kell Hounds leaving Steiner's service could leave a big gap in their line against the Falcons. 
« Last Edit: 25 October 2016, 01:57:24 by marauder648 »